*Official Fitness Thread*

Leaving for boot camp in June. I started running more... about 4 miles a day while also doubling up on my calorie intake. Im trying to bulk as much as possible just because I know ill lose a good amount of weight in basic. I was going through old photos and found this

heres me March 5th, 2008 @ 120lbs
l_c639d264df8ee92d017e6479ad27bc08.jpg

And heres me March 2nd, 2010 @ about 160-165
l_8110e267c80e47adae2b351d03da8b7c.jpg

^^ Def gained alot man.

Finally I've started working out again today. Im down to about 160 (from 195). So muscle memory should kick back in and I'm shooting for over 200. I can finally run (after my dislocated knee) so I finally feel like working out again. I'll post pics when something happens.

Alright so it's been 11 months since I've touched a weight. My disclocated knee put a huge damper on my workout routine and I dropped exactly 43lbs. About a week ago I was at my lowest of 150lbs, I'm 6ft1" so thats def not good, been working out for a week and I've gained 5.2lbs. I figure muscle memory will produce some quick gains starting again. Here's current pics....
Not flexing..
IMG_0334.jpg

Flexing..
IMG_0335-1.jpg

As you can see I still have all my muscle definition, just all of it got smaller over the course of 11 months laying around with a fucked up knee. My highest was 193lbs so I'm going for over 200lbs and I plan to stay there this time. No more skatepark for me, not worth it. More pics when things happen, anyone else still doing this?

Me 11 months ago btw, at around 193lbs
photo-181.jpg

photo-89.jpg

photo-90.jpg

photo-91.jpg

Last edited:
i broke my leg a year and a half ago and most my time consisted of Doritos's, ice cream, and xbox. a deadly combo. i've been getting into working out the past few months

Yea I know what you mean. But the way my body works is if I'm sitting around, I crave less food. So I haven't been eating as much while I've been recovering, and my body used muscle as energy.

i broke my leg a year and a half ago and most my time consisted of Doritos's, ice cream, and xbox. a deadly combo. i've been getting into working out the past few months

dude, i broke my back coming out of 8th grade, i was in a hard back brace for a little over 2 years. its safe to say that xbox and food became an obsession, the first year i gained almost 180lbs... yeah 180.... the second year was like 40lbs as i got into getting back outside...my sophmore year of highschool i was like 340... now im like 295 and at the gym, and i recently sold my xbox (worst decision ever)... so now my car is down, my xbox is gone,, and its back to boring all over again.. but this time i can go to teh gym, and do other things...

Im losing weight. Rawr... my body is just getting used to all the lifting since I havent taken a break from lifting in nearly 11 months and Ive been supplementing non stop. Im taking 2 weeks off and then coming back hard to get past my plateau.

for all the skinny guys out there that may want to gain some weight. Instead of getting a weight gainer. Just add a cup of "steel cut oats" to your protein shake. 1 cup equals about 800 calories. Plus weight gainers have too much sugar.

back on the dealio for the past 2 months, down 35 lbs

fitting into Large shirts and shooting for 215 by aug!

How tall are you? If my memory is correct I was still rocking XL shirts when I was 215. At 200 range is when I could wear some larges, some where still too short though

I am 5,11" Just curious cause It would be nice to wear large shirts again. I think I may be too bulky to ever fit comfortably in a large.

for all the skinny guys out there that may want to gain some weight. Instead of getting a weight gainer. Just add a cup of "steel cut oats" to your protein shake. 1 cup equals about 800 calories. Plus weight gainers have too much sugar.

Yeah most people don't realize those calories = dextrose and/or maltodextrin. Otherwise known as, corn sugar and modified corn sugar lol. Real food is always better, good info.

How tall are you? If my memory is correct I was still rocking XL shirts when I was 215. At 200 range is when I could wear some larges, some where still too short though

I am 5,11" Just curious cause It would be nice to wear large shirts again. I think I may be too bulky to ever fit comfortably in a large.

im 6'2 sitting low 250s almost 240s

Yeah most people don't realize those calories = dextrose and/or maltodextrin. Otherwise known as, corn sugar and modified corn sugar lol. Real food is always better, good info.

Yea I absolutely hate weight gainer. Good foods to eat that are high in Calories are Peanut Butter, Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Brown rice, Whole wheat bread, Oatmeal, and Potatoes. Just of course train super hard or its all for nothing but your new beer belly. But if you do want to use gainer (maybe you hate the idea of dieting with the above foods), might as well take Creatine at same time. The extra sugar intake from the gainer allows the muscles to absorb the Creatine easier and thus build more muscle. But in reality, it's cheaper to buy the food rather than the gainer. Really. Go to your supermarket and really look at the prices of the stuff I just mentioned. Then goto a nutrition store and look at how many portions you get in one bucket of gainer.

Back
Top Bottom