Who says KA's can't handle boost

RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
1. You know what FU@K it you are a ****, as far as where I saw the red line, on speed channel 2 years ago they had the JGTC season summary and they had an on board camara and it shows where he would shift @ redline. ALso try finding the spec's that car was a GT300 car.
2. Sport Compact Car feb 06 boost it your self issue, read the article they mention the 8500rpm race engine.
3. Since when did I want this to be a flame war?
4. As far as calling me a "ricer" why don't you prove it? Oh and power band? yeah mine should be fine all the way up to 7,000rpm that's all I need A$$HOLE. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

you know man this is just a forum, calm the eff down. if you dont agree then dont argue about it and if you plan on arguing about it please do it off the forum. :cool:

Hey dori send it again cause that was like 14min ago and I haven't received anything yet.
RPS13 you know I understand what your saying, but it pisses me off that I can't post a thread about a KA making great power because someone feel's I am tyring to say the KA is better. Let's be honest alot of people here can't afford a SR swap but some also think the KA is not good for boost this thread is only trying to help, not start a war. I do agree I am acting like a kid dori dori I am sorry, but dude chill with the KA vs SR crap please. THANK YOU. :D

Last edited:
dori dori said:
I sent you a PM about this.

Thank you Anthony. You made my life a bit easier.

Anyone that keeps throwing fuel to the fire in this thread will be dealt with. If you guys cant ever reach an agreement with all of this talk I will have to close the thread. Some of you guys have to stop acting like 12 year olds once someone challenges your current knowledge. Because someone has a different opinion or idea than yours doesnt mean you have to bust with your paws and start a cat fight.

Bring facts to the thread, not whining.

Yea... The think outside the ignorant box was probably uncalled for. Feel free to edit that out... :rolleyes:

You guys can do it yourselves by simply going back to the posts and clicking on "Edit" right alongside the "Quote" button.

Thanks,
Erick

this is going t be a debate thats always going to be there. everyone is going to have there own opinions which in a friendly way can be said but just like erick said the forum is not a place for flame wars. Go online and chat about it or keep it to a pm. Friendly disputes are ok but when it gets out of line with the name calling and such its just uncalled for. But try to work it out

Alchemist XL said:
damn 5 pages and a girl didnt even post in here. i think its time for a comparison chart!

what your not a girl? AHHHHHHHHH NO WAY!!! :D

the KA is not reliable past 8000 rpm because of the design of the crank and valve springs and retainers. the motor was not meant for high revving race cars. compoare the sr and KA cranks and you'll see what I mean. the sr is better engineered(KA is my pic of the litter :D ). not even japan saw the KA why is that :confused: . so i think nissan had to custom make a crank for they'er KA to rev that high bacause its not balanced properlly to handle the harmonic vibrations :eek: . just like its not a good idea to put a aftermarket crank pulley on because it throws off the balance of the crank :eek: . I cant find the info right now about the crank but its on NICO thats where I found it. thats why if you want to rev the KA to 10g :eek: get the crank counter weighed and balanced or get a billet crank made and destroke to 2L and rev all day :) .

and yea KA's are strong truck motors that's why I love'em :D . I ain't starting a argument about KA vs SR just stating what I've learned on the subject of revving out a KA.

Last edited:
OK ka's dont have a harmonic balancer, two the crank isnt the reason why they cant rev high....its the long stroke....longer stroke more torqe, lower rpms, Thats why you dont see desiels rev past 3K, one of the reasons why they last so long.....

Last edited:
yea like i said destroke to 2 L and rev all day
and all engines have a harmonic balancer its the crank pulley its the design of the crank and rod length like you said that limits it revs. like the b18 & b20 motors can't rev past 7500rpm for long without getting the bottom end worked or they'll go boom and those are honda motors.

a ricky how much would you say you spent on the ka-t

Last edited:
$1,414 almost everything is used but only quality part's
Master power T3 $100
SSA main $120
Turbo XS BOV $80
TurboXS boost con $90
Turbonetic's Waistegate $60
Apex-i safc $ 160
New HKS Turbo timer $89
New Autometer boostgauge $60
new ss oil lines and fittings $170
intercooler $100 picking this up this weekend
piping $100
370cc injec $85

Still have to tune it maybe this weekend :D i'm only going to run 6-8 psi, that is going to be way more power then I need for now.

Last edited:
Nah, the way I see it you shouldn't have to spend more then 2'gs for a good turbo. Just keep an eye out for good part's on the forum's and you will build your turbo even cheaper than mine. People sell parts all the time here and in other forums.

Your definition of "good" must be pretty vague. It's quite hard to have a good (by good I mean reliable and powerful) turbo setup in your car while spending less than $2k. You must have access to custom fabrication and do most of the work yourself to save yourself from the labor of intercooler piping, downpipe, exhaust, etc. I spent $2k, got some good parts and some used parts and I wouldn't call it very reliable. At least not enough for daily driving + track use.

- Erick

Back
Top Bottom