*Official Fitness Thread*

That's not what I was implying - I meant in comparison to what I personally had to do to get the results that I got all natural. I agree with you though Shane for sure.

Definitely gained too much weight. I'm starting again tonight actually and I plan on eating right and everything. I want to lose weight, then gain muscle, abs etc. Anyone recommend anything? Little plans and stuff?

What are your stats? Height, weight, bf% and we can go from there.

I'll let you know everything tonight. Gonna go to the gym in a few, I'll weigh myself there. I know my height is 5' 8", weight should be around 175-180. I'll get exact info tonight.

Well, exact weight is 178, and like I said, I'm 5' 8". Still haven't gotten my bf% but I'm sure it's a bit over what it's supposed to be. I know I should run/diet to lose the weight but I would like to get some suggestions on what to look out for and how to do it right. When I drop the weight, I don't want to get HUGE, I just wanna get big and mainly cut. (Abs, arms, chest etc.) Always been a challenge to get the upper chest/arms I want too. IDK, but like I said some suggestions and tips to the right track would be greatly appreciated.

I just want a routine to follow when going to the gym. I feel like I'm not doing things in the right order when I get to the gym. Kinda picking at things that work out the muscle I'm doing for the day, but sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough, and I'm missing something. A diet to follow would be nice too.

Some pics so you get an idea too, I think this would help out, pictures usually help lol... I was never like this before, so I just wanna lose the weight and gain the muscle!
120s9j4.jpg

24quydz.jpg

Last edited:
Well one thing that no one has to worry about is "getting huge". It just wont happen without years and years of working out. You should currently be worried about cutting down and losing the weight. To do so you need to first start with your diet. When cutting down you want approx 10-13kcals per pound of bodyweight (compared to bulking up with 15-18kcals). So with your bodyweight, since I'm sure you want the fastest result, will need about 1780kcals per day to loose weight.
Now,
1 gram of protien is 4kcals
1 gram of carbohydrate is 4kcals
1 gram of fat is 9kcals

Now the ratio that almost everyone uses wheter it's bulking or cutting is the 40/40/20 method. Meaning, 40% of daily kcal from protien, 40% from carbs, and 20% from fat.

So for you,
40% of 1780=712 kcals Protein
40% of 1780=712 kcals Carbs
20% of 1780=356 kcals Fat

So in grams you will need,
712 / 4 = 178g Protein
712 / 4 = 178g Carbs
356 / 9 = 40g Fat
PER DAY^^

So at 5 meals a day, you're looking at,
35g Protein per meal
35g Carbs per meal
8g Fat per meal

So now that you have your eating down. Your training should mainly consist of cardio if getting the weight down asap is your goal. Running or walking should be performed at a minimum of 30min (cardio), your body doesn't burn fat until around that time period. You can lift weights, but if your goal is loosing weight, do them high reps with lower weight. Theres no point in lifting big at this stage if you have fat covering your muscles. Aim at around 20 reps per set x 3-4 sets on everything, and do them quick like cardio (your heart should be pumping after every set and you breathing hard). Aim to doing this 5 days a week, targeting specific muscle groups every day after your cardio jog for 30min+.
Day 1- Triceps
Day 2- Bicep
Day 3- Rest
Day 4- Chest
Day 5- Back
Day 6- Shoulder
Day 7- Rest

These are sure fire ways to get that weight down as soon as you can, but without following what I said you will not loose the weight, you need to stay committed to the regime everyday. Any questions feel free to ask.

Theres no scientific proof (according to an article) that lifting light weight with tons of reps burns more than heavy weight and light reps - they say thats an old myth - what do you think?

The proof is that cardio or aerobic exercise burns fat, bottom line. Doing 200lb curls 8 times isn't going to burn fat on your arms, its just not the way the body works. Getting your heart pumping to burn off the calories does just that. I wasn't stating to do the regular lift and breathe, lift and breath, with low weight high reps either. I was saying to do it aerobically. But you need to follow a diet plan like I said above.

dont forget legs their an important part of a workout. i say this cuz everybody seems to focus on upper body and really its all about an all around full workout. my wieght is 190 hieght 5'9 my personal routine is :
week 1
day 1:legs/abs
day 2:chest/shoulder/tricep
day 3:rest or cardio/abs
day 4: back/biceps
day 5:legs/abs
day 6:rest till next week
week 2
day 1:chest/shoulders/triceps
day 2:back/biceps
day 3:rest or cardio/abs
day 4: legs/abs
day 5:chest/shoulder/triceps
week 3
day 1 :back/biceps
day 2: legs/abs
day 3: rest or cardio/abs
day 4: chest/shoulder/triceps
day 5:back/biceps
week 4:repeat week 1

along with dieting my cuzin went from 330 tO 250 with lean muslce in a matter of 6months so patients my friend
REMEBER THE GYM/DIET IS A RELIGION. to me one missed day is like a whole weeks worth and also it takes 21 days to form a habbit and 3 to break one

Last edited:
^^ You're working too much of the same muscle every week if your trying to gain muscle mass (I don't know what your trying to do though since you just jumped in here, but I'm assuming loose weight because of your stats). And I didn't say legs because he should be doing a decent amount of cardio running on his legs everyday and that should be fine starting off because, like I said, it doesn't burn fat to lift big, at all.

Edit: I just realized your schedule is completely illegible, your doing fine with your workout currently. But I would do cardio everyday if your trying to burn fat, no point NOT to. And thats what it does.

Last edited:
yea sorry just edited. but my goals are to gain i went from 175 in apirl to a soild mass 190 my ultimate goal is 205-210.one thing im curious about is my BMI index which shouldnt exceed 11-12% and thats beinng pesimmistic, now my cousions have lost mad weight with this workout plan along with dieting and of course take this as an example an alter it to your needs. i know my cuzins added way more cardio to the workout

Last edited:
Well one thing that no one has to worry about is "getting huge". It just wont happen without years and years of working out. You should currently be worried about cutting down and losing the weight. To do so you need to first start with your diet. When cutting down you want approx 10-13kcals per pound of bodyweight (compared to bulking up with 15-18kcals). So with your bodyweight, since I'm sure you want the fastest result, will need about 1780kcals per day to loose weight.
Now,
1 gram of protien is 4kcals
1 gram of carbohydrate is 4kcals
1 gram of fat is 9kcals

Now the ratio that almost everyone uses wheter it's bulking or cutting is the 40/40/20 method. Meaning, 40% of daily kcal from protien, 40% from carbs, and 20% from fat.

So for you,
40% of 1780=712 kcals Protein
40% of 1780=712 kcals Carbs
20% of 1780=356 kcals Fat

So in grams you will need,
712 / 4 = 178g Protein
712 / 4 = 178g Carbs
356 / 9 = 40g Fat
PER DAY^^

So at 5 meals a day, you're looking at,
35g Protein per meal
35g Carbs per meal
8g Fat per meal

So now that you have your eating down. Your training should mainly consist of cardio if getting the weight down asap is your goal. Running or walking should be performed at a minimum of 30min (cardio), your body doesn't burn fat until around that time period. You can lift weights, but if your goal is loosing weight, do them high reps with lower weight. Theres no point in lifting big at this stage if you have fat covering your muscles. Aim at around 20 reps per set x 3-4 sets on everything, and do them quick like cardio (your heart should be pumping after every set and you breathing hard). Aim to doing this 5 days a week, targeting specific muscle groups every day after your cardio jog for 30min+.
Day 1- Triceps
Day 2- Bicep
Day 3- Rest
Day 4- Chest
Day 5- Back
Day 6- Shoulder
Day 7- Rest

These are sure fire ways to get that weight down as soon as you can, but without following what I said you will not loose the weight, you need to stay committed to the regime everyday. Any questions feel free to ask.

Really useful man, and I really appreciate you taking your time to type this up! Going to Publix tomorrow so I'll be picking and choosing what I want to eat. It's gonna be challenging to set up my 5 meals, but I'll figure a way through. Anything I should look out for specifically that'd be good while I'm shopping (food wise)? Just need to find a way to put them together through out the day so I get the required Protein/Carb/fat. As far as the work out, I can do that and I'm pretty excited to get started on the new schedule. Again, I really appreciate your time! :bigthumbu

No problem man, just here to help.
Examples of foods to put into meals would be like..

1 Can of tuna (32g Protien, 0 Carbs, 1g Fat), 1cup skim milk (8g protien, 12g Carbs, 0g Fat), 1 Egg (7g Protein, 0 Carbs, 6g Fat), 1ounce of Oatmeal (3g Protein, 21g Carb, 1g Fat) etc

This website is good to find out the nutritional facts of almost any food- http://nutritiondata.self.com/
Those above are just a few that I searched on that website for. Just eat clean (no saturated fats, stay away from sugar for carbs, etc.) Clean fats and clean total calories.

Any tips for working your chest area without going to the gym, like more "natural" exercises or whatever?

Personally I don't really like going to the gym....most of the workout I do is from parkour training and doing pushups /free weights with dumbells (low weights, 50lbs total max) at my house. But fuck....a well toned chest looks so boss

^^Dips with a little lean forward hit the chest/triceps pretty good - different variations of pushups as well (wide, narrow, legs on a chair, etc...) get some perfect pushups for a dub - they work pretty good

Ive used fat grips on a flat bench and inverted rows. They're good for forearm work but I didn't notice much else. I tend to squeeze the bar really hard anyway ever since a good friend and workout guru told me to envision myself snapping the bar in half with every workout.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Any tips for working your chest area without going to the gym, like more "natural" exercises or whatever?

Personally I don't really like going to the gym....most of the workout I do is from parkour training and doing pushups /free weights with dumbells (low weights, 50lbs total max) at my house. But fuck....a well toned chest looks so boss

Yeah, pushup handles and variations of pushups. Do hundreds of them daily, literally. That's what Matthew McConaughey does and all faggotry aside, that dude is built.

Back
Top Bottom