*Official Fitness Thread*

The proof is that cardio or aerobic exercise burns fat, bottom line. Doing 200lb curls 8 times isn't going to burn fat on your arms, its just not the way the body works. Getting your heart pumping to burn off the calories does just that. I wasn't stating to do the regular lift and breathe, lift and breath, with low weight high reps either. I was saying to do it aerobically. But you need to follow a diet plan like I said above.

If you do high-intensity lifting/routines such as circuits, you will burn fat.

If you do high-intensity lifting/routines such as circuits, you will burn fat.

Thats called aerobic, circuit routines. Which is what I said.

Only updates on me are that I'm up 30lbs from a few months ago, naturally. Been on a strick diet for the past 2 months. Muscle memory is pretty cool. Stronger than I was before on everything. Still problems with my knee, but I still do legs.

Last edited:
im back!!!! well i from the last time i hit the gym over a month ago, i cant remeber what i weighed. but from my last update on here i was 260. since then i went back to crazy life. drinking nonstop eating whatever, fast food, etc. about a week and half ago i started back hardcore. my starting weight was 275. i am now down to 265. my goals are 10lbs a week.

what ive been doing:
eat once a day night time after the gym rotating either 2 grilled chicken breast with half a can of corn, or two talipa fillets with half a can of grren beans

then sum days for lunch ill have 3 eggs scrambled. i am also on hydroxycut hardcore, appiete suppressors.

i goto the gym everyday. ride the bike for an hour, then do sum shoulder, arm, upper chest lifts on the machines, and 100 crucnches. i got a nasty hanging belly that i gotta lose. any help or motivation is welcome

im back!!!! well i from the last time i hit the gym over a month ago, i cant remeber what i weighed. but from my last update on here i was 260. since then i went back to crazy life. drinking nonstop eating whatever, fast food, etc. about a week and half ago i started back hardcore. my starting weight was 275. i am now down to 265. my goals are 10lbs a week.

what ive been doing:
eat once a day night time after the gym rotating either 2 grilled chicken breast with half a can of corn, or two talipa fillets with half a can of grren beans

then sum days for lunch ill have 3 eggs scrambled. i am also on hydroxycut hardcore, appiete suppressors.

i goto the gym everyday. ride the bike for an hour, then do sum shoulder, arm, upper chest lifts on the machines, and 100 crucnches. i got a nasty hanging belly that i gotta lose. any help or motivation is welcome

Eating once a day won't help. It's better to eat 3-5 time a day but small amount. When you eat one time a day your body is not burning fat.

Eating once a day wont loose fat, you'll loose water weight and muscle. Stop that and set out around 5-6 healthy mini meals throughout the day. Keeps your metabolism going, making your goal of loosing weight reachable and sustainable when you hit that target weight.

Just have to say im in the military stationed in afghanistan, and we work out every stinkin day and i love it. nitrotech is awesome and i take a number of animal stack products , all keep me fit and gaining muscle, and loosing weight.

I hate Muscletech products. Taste like shit and I almost went in a diabetic coma from the Cell-Tech, at 104 degrees fever.

any of you guys know how to lift???

im trying to start an olympic/powerlifting team in sf so go up north and compete as a team

liftingcentral.jpg

coach able lol

oh and how do i find out my body fat?

You either do it with body fat calipers, measuring your stats (waist size, height, weight, etc), or on an electric machine which finds body fat by sending an electrical pulse through your body.

here is some great video clips hope this helps. not a waste of time but watch it whenever u can ofc. peace

Last edited by a moderator:

what ive been doing:

You are on the fast track to disaster. If you keep this routine up you are going to look like a bean bag chair with most of the beans emptied!!

First of all 10 pounds a week is crazy, 1 pound is considered a safe amount, some say 2. In the beginning losing considerable weight is normal due to water loss etc but stick to 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Your diet is pretty poor, I eat almost triple the amount you do and do 1/10th of the amount of cardio and I still lose weight (about 2 pounds a week usually 1)

If you lose the weight slower and get a good diet and routine it will help with your loose skin.

I know its a complete mindfuck to eat so much but trust me your weight loss and muscle progress will be much better.

What helped me was a downloaded a calorie app for my phone and track EVERYTHING I EAT, I try to get in about 2500 calories with 250 grams of protein

Here is an example of what I eat

breakfast: 1 egg and 5 egg whites on packet of oatmeat.

Workout.

Snack: Protein Shake and banana.

Lunch: 7 oz chicken breast 1 cup of brown rice.

Lunch #2: another 7oz chicken breast and 1 cup of vegetables (sometimes 1 cup brown rice)

Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a drizzle of honey

Dinner: 6 to 8 oz lean beef or other meat with 1 cup vegetables.

Before bed: sometimes I have more cottage cheese or casien protein shake if I have the calories left or feel really hungry.

I was about your weight before and I am only 5'11" right now I am at 240lbs, I have no loose skin problems, no man boobs etc. I hope in 6 months I can start a real cut and be pretty buff for October for the Columbus Day Regatta. I just hope I can gain more muscle while I lose weight otherwise I may have to cut the cardio and bulk a little 6 months before and cut the last three months.

guy on top of me is right.killing yourself everyday is not gona make you loose weight.in fact you could hurt yourself like that. i started the gym 2 months ago at 186lbs and now im at 177lbs and i only go 4-5 times a week and eat 3 times a day. try to concentrate on working two body parts a day. for example, start with chest triceps only, followed by biceps the next day, then traps and forearms the next, and the last 2 days two cardio and legs: stairmaster burns more the threadmill. and muscles like the abdomen can be worked everyday since it is a large muscle. all this gives your muscles time to recover before next time you work out.

guy on top of me is right.killing yourself everyday is not gona make you loose weight.in fact you could hurt yourself like that. i started the gym 2 months ago at 186lbs and now im at 177lbs and i only go 4-5 times a week and eat 3 times a day. try to concentrate on working two body parts a day. for example, start with chest triceps only, followed by biceps the next day, then traps and forearms the next, and the last 2 days two cardio and legs: stairmaster burns more the threadmill. and muscles like the abdomen can be worked everyday since it is a large muscle. all this gives your muscles time to recover before next time you work out.

Your routine doesn't look good at all. And that does not give any ideal recovery time at all.

You're saying:
Day 1: Chest/Tricep (this is fine)
Day 2: Biceps (if you're set on working 2 muscles a day, do biceps and back on this day)
Day 3: Traps and forearms (one- what a lazy ass day. two- you worked out forearms on the bicep day by doing curls, so doing forearms the next day is counter productive. If you want to work out your forearm specifically, do it on bicep day)
Day 4: cardio and legs (ok fine)
Day 5: cardio and legs (what is this? You just gave your body 24 hours or less to recover from the day before, totally counterproductive)
Day 6: rest
Day 7: rest (rest for two days? why?)
So you left out BACK and SHOULDERS. Two super important muscle groups. Your set to have the worst posture with what you're doing now, as your muscles grow, if they even do with what you're doing.
And then saying you can work your abs out everyday because they're a "large muscle". How do you convince yourself that makes any sense? Muscle is muscle. Your legs are big muscles too, do you do that everyday? Muscles need rest, regardless of it's size.

So you're left with two proper routines to choose (of which you can throw your legs/abs in with at least 2 days between each time)...

Day 1: Biceps
Day 2: Triceps
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Chest
Day 5: Back
Day 6: Shoulders
Day 7: rest

-or-

Day 1: Biceps/Back
Day 2: rest
Day 3: triceps/chest
Day 4: rest
Day 5: Shoulders

These are the two most common routines that give sufficient rest periods so that the next time you work out, your body is fully healed and ready to build muscle again. Rest is just as important as working hard.

Your routine doesn't look good at all. And that does not give any ideal recovery time at all.

You're saying:
Day 1: Chest/Tricep (this is fine)
Day 2: Biceps (if you're set on working 2 muscles a day, do biceps and back on this day)
Day 3: Traps and forearms (one- what a lazy ass day. two- you worked out forearms on the bicep day by doing curls, so doing forearms the next day is counter productive. If you want to work out your forearm specifically, do it on bicep day)
Day 4: cardio and legs (ok fine)
Day 5: cardio and legs (what is this? You just gave your body 24 hours or less to recover from the day before, totally counterproductive)
Day 7: rest (rest for two days? why?)
So you left out BACK and SHOULDERS. Two super important muscle groups. Your set to have the worst posture with what you're doing now, as your muscles grow, if they even do with what you're doing.
And then saying you can work your abs out everyday because they're a "large muscle". How do you convince yourself that makes any sense? Muscle is muscle. Your legs are big muscles too, do you do that everyday? Muscles need rest, regardless of it's size.

So you're left with two proper routines to choose (of which you can throw your legs/abs in with at least 2 days between each time)...

Day 1: Biceps
Day 2: Triceps
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Chest
Day 5: Back
Day 6: Shoulders
Day 7: rest

-or-

Day 1: Biceps/Back
Day 2: rest
Day 3: triceps/chest
Day 4: rest
Day 5: Shoulders

These are the two most common routines that give sufficient rest periods so that the next time you work out, your body is fully healed and ready to build muscle again. Rest is just as important as working hard.

lol sorry i typed it all wrong in a hurry and didnt proof read

this is the exact
day1 : chest and triceps and abs
day2 : back and biceps and abs
day3 :traps+ shoulders and forearms and abs
day4 : cardio+ legs
day5( sometimes): cardio+legs

1500-2000 calorie diet /110-160g protein a day
with protein shakes and pre work out drinks(preworkout drinks only 3 out of the 5 days).

apologies for the shitload of mistakes

and once you begin taking protein and other substances like vitamins,etc, you will suprised how fast the recovery process can be.
then you can begin changing the days you rest like you said but i find a every other day workout a bit lazy. sure as i first started i rested like you suggested but as the body adapts it becomes more neccesary to keep up the pace. Another factor that is important is the age and the endurance. As 18 im quite capable of handeling the lack of rest in between days.

Last edited:
lol sorry i typed it all wrong in a hurry and didnt proof read

this is the exact
day1 : chest and triceps and abs
day2 : back and biceps and abs
day3 :traps+ shoulders and forearms and abs
day4 : cardio+ legs
day5( sometimes): cardio+legs

1500 calorie diet /110-160 protein a day
with protein shakes and pre work out drinks(preworkout drinks only 3 out of the 5 days).

apologies for the shitload of mistakes

and once you begin taking protein and other substances like vitamins,etc, you will suprised how fast the recovery process can be.

Again, why are you working out abs almost every single day. And forearms after bicep day? Did you read anything I just wrote? I'd be surprised by how fast the recovery process would be from "substances like vitamins, etc"? Please, and this goes to everyone, don't give advice on subjects that you are obviously unfamiliar with.

Again, why are you working out abs almost every single day. And forearms after bicep day? Did you read anything I just wrote? I'd be surprised by how fast the recovery process would be from "substances like vitamins, etc"? Please, and this goes to everyone, don't give advice on subjects that you are unfamiliar with.

yes i work out the forearms other days but i choose to do it an extra day as that is a personal preferences aswell as abs. if you want a list of substances i can give you that but i didnt want to go into detail. and im not unfamiliar as i believe this is the best workout for myself. this is a thread for sharing your routines not bashing on them as you are. what you do many not be ideal for others and what they are expecting to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom