D1GP Miami Feedback

things could always be better, but, good to see local guys guys killin it, good to see japanese guys and amazing cars. sedan drifting rocks. chelsea was awesome, but i don't think he deserved the win. better cars "hard parking" in the lot, than in the show. if they come back next year, i hope to be able to run underground. i can't believe how many drift fans stayed home! it was worth the drive from sarasota, even though i slept in a parking lot in naples on the way home.

Reminder for the next D1 Event. Do not and I repeat do not waste your money on "V.I.P." Tickets. Instead of seating on silver metal benches you sit on white chairs. That was the only GOOD part of the "V.I.P." section. Also Sliky or w.e. your name is your a fucking retard. Local drivers werent the best but at least some made it to the finals. Chelsea killed it, but the Jap drivers were just amazing with the skills and tandem runs made my butthole pucker up.

And for the pits we got in there. Plus Kazuhiro Tanaka gave me his hat w00t. Here are the photos of us in the pits.

PW: drift2009
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/Str8killaz/D1 Pits/

Thanks for the pics Bryant

personally i think estie and aaron should of gone again, cause give estie was severly underpowered he closed the gap that aaron pulled from the start. but im not a judge. and besides the fact that is was hot as africa out there and then rained like malaysia it was a great eventt. Tsuchiya, Ueno, Tanaka, Nomura were all awesome guys, took pictures with all of us, shook hands and what not. hope this happens again

personally i think estie and aaron should of gone again, cause give estie was severly underpowered he closed the gap that aaron pulled from the start. but im not a judge. and besides the fact that is was hot as africa out there and then rained like malaysia it was a great eventt. Tsuchiya, Ueno, Tanaka, Nomura were all awesome guys, took pictures with all of us, shook hands and what not. hope this happens again

Weak me and Tanaka scissored.

Weak me and Tanaka scissored.
danm bryant!!! i thought they werent opening as the fuck$%@^@# bitch from D1 said .. please leave we wont open the pits as to request of the drivers .... ....... im so pissed with myself for not staying till everyone was gone lol.. next year ill be driving lol just to meet the guys ajajaj:bigthumbu the findland guys where cool cats singing autographs on the fence

"Oye! Deja la muela para el dentista!!"

fck you guy, i wish i woulda meet those chanks!

I thought the event was amazing! If I didn't have media I would have definitely paid for VIP so I could walk around the pit (or pretty much anywhere), would be worth it.

And for the pits we got in there. Plus Kazuhiro Tanaka gave me his hat w00t.

Saito gave me the first place check
Photo7.jpg

:bigthumbu

you can click on the Blog link in my sig to see the story and my thoughts on the day

...... everybody keep having this cool pit stories!! arrggg lol envy!!!! lol pretty cool getting the check afterwards :eek:

I thought the event was amazing! If I didn't have media I would have definitely paid for VIP so I could walk around the pit (or pretty much anywhere), would be worth it.

Saito gave me the first place check
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/FAL/Photo7.jpg
:bigthumbu

you can click on the Blog link in my sig to see the story and my thoughts on the day

Kewl man at least we got something haha. Nice seeing you again homie.

ueno came and got drunk at our hotel room saturday night.

but thats not feedback.

Overall it was a fun event, but it didnt have a feel of a NOPI event. The track especially, it was just a short track and not very large, I was really expecting at least a bit of 3rd gear for something as well known as D1.

My biggest overall complaint is just with the media side of it. First we were allowed on track, no one had told us where we couldnt or could stand. Then we were told to stand behind barriers. Which, I mean seriously... what barriers? I dont have much faith and trust in standing behind a water barrier that is the clipping point. the only other barrier was around a light pole. Then we were told to get off track. We then had to wait for the D1 staff to make media cut outs for us and we had to help out cause they didnt have the best tool for it. And well they only gave us 2 meda spots. ! was a good spot and lots of holes, but everyone was standing there, non-media ppl were just walking in and grabbing pics, security barely said anything at times. The other spot wasnt all that great for anything and it was very small.

thats really just it for me, it suck for VIP ppl to pay the extra cash and actually get the shit end of the deal.

I have no complaints about the driving or judging what so ever.

JZX100 was sold as three different trim models and had slightly different body work

sold as the cresta, chaser and Mark 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mark_II

saito's car is a Mark 2

Incorrect saito's car is a chaser. Stop spreading misinformation.

Yea saito's car is a chaser.

Mark II, Chaser and Cresta are all different packages.

Cresta - Base
Mark II - Luxury
Chaser - Sport

JZX81/90/100 + the 3 packages, you can get many combination's.

saitos would be a JZX100 Tourer V Chaser

Tourer V being 1jz-gte.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom