D1GP Miami Feedback

i think they took too many breaks lol... drifting was scattered lol.. all the drivers were good :D! i have the videos off all the runs except the last one (run out of battery :( ) i did ended up dissapointed i think Ken won the 1st place not daigo. daigo overall in all his runs did amazing blewing the competitions but when face 4door versus 4door they where the same, i would have said nomura was #1. the only thing that really piss off evertybody at the end was the "OPEN PIT TIME" that was on the flyers, on the schedule and on the tickets and they didnt do it... and that people that pay for the bleachers waste their money because you might as well could have paid for the cheaper stand up seats and still get to seat. deorganize event.. would i go to another D1 ...fuck yeah was amazing anyway :D!!

i think they took too many breaks lol... drifting was scattered lol.. all the drivers were good :D! i have the videos off all the runs except the last one (run out of battery :( ) i did ended up dissapointed i think Ken won the 1st place not daigo. daigo overall in all his runs did amazing blewing the competitions but when face 4door versus 4door they where the same, i would have said nomura was #1. the only thing that really piss off evertybody at the end was the "OPEN PIT TIME" that was on the flyers, on the schedule and on the tickets and they didnt do it... and that people that pay for the bleachers waste their money because you might as well could have paid for the cheaper stand up seats and still get to seat. deorganize event.. would i go to another D1 ...fuck yeah was amazing anyway :D!!

Believe it or not but the event was right on their schedule was never late more than few minutes.
And for the brakes sometimes driftcars have to change tires as well as the bike stunt guys.

Everyone i think the event was pretty good the schedule was held pretty close amazingly and it was pretty organized the only people that didnt know what to do was the drivers going out to line up on the track no one knew where to go. Another thing that sucked for spectators is the wait in between driving on the breaks i know everyone needs breaks but there could of been a bunch of extra drivers just to keep the track running constant excitement ya know. Well i still give this event two thumbs up for sure. I had ablast and for 100 bucks it was awesome!!

Believe it or not but the event was right on their schedule was never late more than few minutes.
And for the brakes sometimes driftcars have to change tires as well as the bike stunt guys.
yeah i understand but does anybody knows what happen to the open pits part i waited all day long for that :(:(

You compared this event to an countyline event you are an idiot!
So the driving was on the same level as county line ?????????????????
the seats were just like countyline???
there was absolutely nothing that was similar to countyline.

Driftbox sucks one more proof that you are an idiot!!!!!!

yea the lay out was great, and it was nothing like countyline except for the a left turn entry. it was more like a Sfl fairgrounds. Oh and we dont do self tech (not sure why that bugs me)

150% agree the event was judged correctly, tho there was one run were it seemed a driver was said to have understeered but to me, seemed like he didnt switch back because he would of hit the other guy. If it was me i would have switched back right into him.
Driftbox is needed more than ever!

yeah i understand but does anybody knows what happen to the open pits part i waited all day long for that :(:(

I totally agree having a closed pits is not a good idea. Open pits is actually a big part of drifting for the spectators and they should have had it open for them.

tim i agree self tech is crap...keep up the good work stay strict on tech inspection..if only to keep our drivers local drivers and cars safe at events and on the streets
now that i think about it it was like a fairgrounds event like i said earlier in this thread if ter tech or drift sessions had the capitol they both could have done a d1 event with there eyes closed it wasnt spectacular. then again if you have been to a formula d event there nothing to get super excited about..

Did any of you guys see the real "Drift king" from west palm? haha him and his brother Drifter X were there watching in VIP lmaooo. They were sporting an HKS Umbrella

I totally agree having a closed pits is not a good idea. Open pits is actually a big part of drifting for the spectators and they should have had it open for them.

I was talking to one of the guys that worked there & he said since it was starting to rain again they weren't gonna open it.

The event was great, I was there with Bryant, Luis, Noel, my brother, and some other people. Got to see Bladder after a million years, and met Rodd! The drifters were insane!! And the group I went with was able to go in the pits?? You just had to wait till a lot of people left. We got in at like 15 or 20 after 6. Met all the drifters, Nomura was funny as hell making different faces for every picture.

i herd that they gave it to losey because i wasnt at anehiem, shits bogus like what if i show up in philly? coulda been so much better if they gave me a check to keep competing instead of doing what they did.

from my memory man it shoulda have been a OMT but he had proximity on you and they like that, just sucked you had good runs and LS1 v stock sr just isnt gonna turn out good 95% of the time.

no open pits was dumb...

vip bleachers was bad view.

self-tech... wow, i don't know about that yea, but not my call

driver judging issue... they tried to compensate for the rain vs dry runs but seemed the solution they came up with was not great.

driftbox- i dont know yet, havent looked at my 'data' but I am still deciding on if i think its good or not. Saw some drivers make top16 that I was pretty sure had 0 clean runs, with others making good ones and being out. I think that has to due with the 'solution' for the dry/wet judging.

Course was too short (2 turns, 1 transition) but was actually pretty fast for being so small, and the lot was total shit surface but had good grip at least.

trying to drive better than what made you get into Super16 = stupid and makes you lose without even putting up a fight. I'm so mad at myself, but I have a SWEET ASS BANNER on my car haahaaahahaa

Last edited:
Reminder for the next D1 Event. Do not and I repeat do not waste your money on "V.I.P." Tickets. Instead of seating on silver metal benches you sit on white chairs. That was the only GOOD part of the "V.I.P." section. Also Sliky or w.e. your name is your a fucking retard. Local drivers werent the best but at least some made it to the finals. Chelsea killed it, but the Jap drivers were just amazing with the skills and tandem runs made my butthole pucker up.

And for the pits we got in there. Plus Kazuhiro Tanaka gave me his hat w00t. Here are the photos of us in the pits.

PW: drift2009
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/Str8killaz/D1 Pits/

Last edited:
well im not a picky guy, the event wasnt to bad me and the lady had fun. i put my car in the show to rep my team(plus 2 wrist bands for tht price im surprised i was the only one with my p.o.s in there lol, i already know i wasnt goin to win shit but FL made it to the finals so not bad i say not bad

^^ Goto pictures section...

The announcer did mess up the Finnish guys names a million times. Wrong name for wrong car. I finally got fed up with it and went up to the trailor and was like "Who's announcing?? He's screwing up the names!!" He apologized and went on the mic and corrected himself so no biggy I guess.

Back
Top Bottom