D1GP Miami Feedback

Finland thanks you for the updates as well, we had a big crowd following the event even though it's past 1 AM already. Thanks again!

LIVE UPDATES FTW. even though the Norcal people didn't seem to care. they had enough nerve to say Florida sucks. So i guess i'm gonna have to really not choke at this next drift comp.

great event!! glad i went. everything was on point but a few things they can improve on are a bigger and better working monitor for the replays and scoring and such. the annoucer was good, got the crowd hype and everything, and he knew what was up but maybe someone with more drift experience and car knowledge would be better. the V.I.P section sucked ass. a better place as far a being able to view the track and drivers in its entirety would be great tho. good thing i got the cheap seats.

the constant weather changes on the track looks like it took their toll on the drivers. i think most of the local guys were a bit nervous when the actual competition started. I've seen most of those guys on better days. i think they were just star-struck lol. i know i would be drifting next to freaking nomuken! But a job well done to all the drivers that made it into the top 16. the judging seemed a lil bias to me tho, i was confused as to why certain who i thought pulled out a nice clean and consistent run didn't place would have been great to see a local take 1st place, i had my money on bill sherman and j.lowe for the finals... but o well we cant win them all lol. Def. worth my $35. i hope we have another one!!!

Last edited:
i wasnt really impressed with the turn out the car show was a joke ...but there were a few stand out cars .the drift action was good looked like a mighty bumpy track...i guess i was expecting more but i had a great time even with the weather......and it was definetly worth 35 bucks

1 last note i think if our guys from drift sessions and ter tech had the capitol we could do it bigger and better

I had a great time...it was bullshit how the judging was done on some drivers including myself but next time! Other than some frustration and excitement all at the same time, the D1 Rnd 2 event was a awesome turn out!

I am happy my car made it back in one piece and to the boys that crashed...my sincere apologies

Good action, bad judging, lots of carnage, weather sucked, good track layout, horrible asphalt, excellent support, car show sucked, and keeping the spectators and drifter apart blew..... and VIP looked EMPTY but it was sold out.....

most of the VIP people went to the cheap seat because of the suckass view. The VIP was bullshit, I had more fun in the regular seats.

I had a great time...it was bullshit how the judging was done on some drivers including myself but next time! Other than some frustration and excitement all at the same time, the D1 Rnd 2 event was a awesome turn out!

I am happy my car made it back in one piece and to the boys that crashed...my sincere apologies

at least you didn't get confused with another driver and told, "you made all 4 runs", when you only made 2 of em. that happened to me... no biggie i wasnt there to qualify anyway..... cause dis negro sucks....

i did injoy our first drivers meeting... ""Ratch out for the Rall and make sure to Rollow the Rine coRRectly so Re dont have to Rave the Rellow Rlag, Rlso make sure to hit the cRipping points.""
ROR = Raught out Roud

good turnout. it was fun to watch, daigo was beyond beastly, he was the ultimate machine. it was a shame forest broke his axle otherwise he'd be a serious contender. chelsea ran wide lines. boxmod was great up until things started to get serious in super 16, i think he started to get nervous and spun twice. as a spectator i was a bit lost navigating around the place. lmao, no seemed to know or give a damn about the other two judges. i still have ken nomura's tire mist in my hair! im never taking a bath again! haha jk. and i didnt get why qouc ly was being conservative and didnt really do his practice runs.

Last edited:
V.I.P was a waste of fkin money. I'm so dissapointed with these ppl. We had less bathrooms, no shade and the worst view of the track. opposite of everything the tickets incl.

My wife is pregnant and we had to either sit in the sun with an umbrella or get soaked. The drivers all lined up by the cheap seats too at the end. The Drivers were great though. Just wished some of our guys would have been on that top 3.

I had a fuckin blast chillin in da cheap seats watchin the most amazing display of driving ive ever seen. Yea car show sucked but at least my friends NSX won best of show AND i got to ride back home in it so all-in-all id say i had a great day. Would def go back to a D1 event.

As far as I am concerned the event was amazing besides the shit weather. It was sick to be in the pits with some of the guys we view as legends such as Tanaka, Ueno, Nomuken, Saito and the Drift Kind himself Keiichi Tsuchiya. A couple of us were speaking to Ueno's mechanic and he said the motor on the Soarer makes like 8-900hp on 1.6 bar and the car took a little over 4 months to build. Super cool dudes I wish I spoke japanese so I could actually have a conversation with them. Nomuken is wild and looks like a 13 year old but with the face of a 50 year old man. Daigo Saito is just a beast all around I have never seen tandems as amazing as that. I wish most of you could have been there on Friday, after they announced the top drivers who qualified they told the guys who qualified at Anaheim to suit up and hit the track in 5 minutes for practice. It was pretty much like free running for those guys. I just want to say big ups to all the local guys who competeted in this event. Estie step up the power bro you had to go against a beastly ass LS1 240 with a stock SR and still competeted with him. Boxmod really impressed me with his driving but had to go against Yoshioka who was just on point all day. Sucks that Forrest broke an axle because he was killing it(but fuck him for having a "Fuck Grassroots" sticker on his car). I am really happy with the way the event went and I hope they come back next year.

Im sad that we didnt get the famous D1 foam. EVERY D1 event ive ever seen had some sort of protection for the cars.

not in Florida. tracks are set-up to kill cars.

i herd that they gave it to losey because i wasnt at anehiem, shits bogus like what if i show up in philly? coulda been so much better if they gave me a check to keep competing instead of doing what they did.

Back
Top Bottom