Whee Japan

I guess the camera was too dead for the vids to work. I am missing a bunch of file names which should be where I took some really short in-car videos as the camera was dying.

Here's a pic and vid, its a tiny clip of the stripped Civic at the busted guardrail.

civic.jpg

Last edited:
Ur so lucky damn it when my cuzin lived over there i never even got to go visit so i fucked up but that shit looks sick Please go buy a big jumbo flash tommarow LOL sickness that shit must have been fun

p.s buy a car charger for the cameras lol :bigthumbu

I just can't believe how lucky I got..... finding these dudes there on wednesday night at exactly the time I decided to go drift searching since the guys over on Ziptied weren't too much help in finding some real action here....

Oh, but about that worst decision part...... lets just say that rental car insurance is a great thing.......

BTW I'm at friends house in Yashio (north of Tokyo like 30min) right now. I guess gonna check out Yashio factory tomorrow and then Saturday head to Ebisu.

Remember I have a couple thousand pictures and over a hundred videos that I havent posted, so when I get back I'm gonna upload them all and make a website...

But lastnight was DEFINITELY the high point of the trip so far....

OK, off to bed, 1:03am here, see ya

Last edited:
I really doubt it, but can you maybe talk to some people and see if it would be possible to find/import a 1GZ-FE? Im sure the price would be way high.

OMG PLEASE GET ME YASHIO STUFFS! SHIRTS PANTS a WORK UNIFORM! STICKERS! ANYTHING CHEAP! I GOT PESOS JUST NO PAYAPL :(

haha, I'm working on the 1GZ-FE myself. I have seen a lot more Toyota century's than I thought there were, so it cant be that hard. Some guy down in Australia is putting one into a street rod project, PM me and I'll try to find the link to the site.

As far as Yashio stuff goes, they gave me a few stickers for free about 30min ago, but they sell them for bling. Small ones are sen yen (1,000yen, like $8), the Yashio factory logo one is 2,000 (like $16), the little dinosaur guy is $8.

I'll be going back again before I leave so let me know what ones you guys want and how many. If I drop like $100 on stickers and all of a sudden no one has monies I'm gonna be a lil upset :)

freethinker said:
haha, I'm working on the 1GZ-FE myself. I have seen a lot more Toyota century's than I thought there were, so it cant be that hard. Some guy down in Australia is putting one into a street rod project, PM me and I'll try to find the link to the site.

As far as Yashio stuff goes, they gave me a few stickers for free about 30min ago, but they sell them for bling. Small ones are sen yen (1,000yen, like $8), the Yashio factory logo one is 2,000 (like $16), the little dinosaur guy is $8.

I'll be going back again before I leave so let me know what ones you guys want and how many. If I drop like $100 on stickers and all of a sudden no one has monies I'm gonna be a lil upset :)

Ill take a Dragon Guy and a Samll size. Also if they have the I LOVE SILVIA STICKER!

Stopping by RE-Amemiya by any chance? =]

be safe, have fun, I don't want anything but to see pics of japan!

yf3.jpg

yf4.jpg

yf5.jpg

yf7.jpg

Um... and here is the rental carnage..... :( I'm an idiot...

rent.jpg

Ok guys it's 6am here, I'm gonna pass out, I'm a lil tanked.... some videos are uploading right now, so check my photobucket to see them

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v249/freethinker41/?sc=1&addtype=local

the one that starts off with a lot of cars around is where I decided to not take the tunnel (for the win!!) and instead take the maybe more fun road.

The other one is where the actual drift section starts... or at least the section the guys who I met actually used. This was the morning after drifting when I came back. Honda aready busted the night before at around 5am.

Last edited:
Memorial to busted cars???? This was at the bottom entry to the Mizukoshi touge mountain pass.

driftmem.jpg

Also tonight my friend and I went out on the Tokyo loop highway and hung out at at this rest stop area where lots of cool cars were chillin. People heading out to do the loop around Tokyo. It was crazy. We got smoked a few times. Ill upload pics and video later but some of the stuff is EXACTLY like Tokyo extreme racer.

Havent had a chance to run the Wangan yet (wangan is the actual name of a certain highway here) or the Tokyo Aqualine, (that's the tunnel in the videos..... It's actually a bridge that goes about 1/2way across Tokyo bay, and then turns into a tunnel in the middle of the bay.) You come to a small man-made island and you shoot underground for the rest of the bay crossing. It's like 3,000yen to take it though.....

AWESOME! I WANT TO GOTO YASHIO FACTORY! NO YASHIO STICKERS FOR CHUCK! HAHA PLEASE DONT! :bigthumbu

What does a hotel cost over there?

Ok, time for the daily update. It's almost midnight here and I am sitting in a rental 4WD Nissan march. I'm in Koriyama, (about 2 hours north of Tokyo on the 300km/h bullet train, including stops). Koriyama is the nearest decent-sized city to Ebisu-Circuit, aka home of Team Orange, Kumakubo, drift WRX, Tanaka, Asamoto..... and maybe the coolest drift track in the world.

Got my JDM navi that I can't read again so google earth is my friend.....

I think I can make it there.

From what my friends wife was able to tell, no drifting this weekend, but there is some sprint racing. I have to go either way just to go and who knows, maybe get a chance to run the touge course or something. It might even snow here tonight.... f*@king cold outside right now.

Oh, just thought I would add that it's pretty nuts how many badass cars there are here. A really nice Z32 just blew by me down this lil road I am parked on. In the cities you notice them a lot because they stand out, but in the suburbs too, just a lot of really nice cars. People keep their stuff really nice here, and it's pretty hard to find any kind of sporty car that has stock wheels suspension and exhaust. I stopped taking so many car pics after the first few days because badass stuff was just everywhere. Ive only driven around Koriyama within like 30 square blocks tonight and already seen a modded R34 GT-R, tons of slammed vans with kits, the Z32, a few Supras and bunch of non GTR Skylines R32-R34.

For some really rare stuff though, I saw an E30 M3 today driving aorund, and found a shop that had about 5 BMW 2002's, a BMW CSL, 3.0CS, a bunch of old bugs and a few Karman Ghias. Having a modified car here goes right along like having a nice house, it's a definite status thing and anyone who is anybody has suspension and wheels. Just like the girls living in tiny apartments, who are fully decked out in Gucci, Dior, etc etc..

BTW cheap car parts here are kind of a myth, and so is cheap electronics. But I did get lucky today and found a used Nardi wheel for 315yen (yes, that's like $2.75). Generally a decent used wheel goes for like $100 though. This nardi is a lil abused, but not trashed.

Okie, Here I go, getting off internet now and venturing into the dark mountains yet again. Here, check out my google map to Ebisu

koriyama5.jpg

I'm jamming laptop mp3 music instead of the only radio station around here... some crap talk radio where the guy keeps moocking american music it sounds like.

K wish me luck... see ya

Back
Top Bottom