Whee Japan

As far as I know the S13 vert was an America only thing. They were atually all 1993 model coupes that were shipped to california, and then ASC I think it was, did the roof cutting and convertible work in California. I know there are some here, duno if they are LHD or RHD or whetever. Theres the gold one in the bigX video, definitely RHD... vert or RHD conversion maybe......

Anyone know more??

Gotta run.

Oh and camaros are WAYYY to common over here

freethinker said:
As far as I know the S13 vert was an America only thing. They were atually all 1993 model coupes that were shipped to california, and then ASC I think it was, did the roof cutting and convertible work in California. I know there are some here, duno if they are LHD or RHD or whetever. Theres the gold one in the bigX video, definitely RHD... vert or RHD conversion maybe......

Anyone know more??

Gotta run.

Oh and camaros are WAYYY to common over here

Hmm damn? I didnt know that? That sucks but yea i saw that vid very nice vert almost made me wanna keep the flip up lights but i like the s13 fron? but im confused how come i found so manny pics of RHD verts? do that manny people convert them?:confused:

Yes, I leave here on wednesday afternoon, and get to Tampa some time after sunrise I suppose on wednesday.

I just looked into it. Apparently the convertibles were sold in Japan very soon after the S13 was released, but they were 3,250,000yen, or like $40,000 in the late 80's Japan-US exchange rate, even at todays exchange rate it works out to like $27,500 and thats in 1989 dollars!

I wonder if maybe the story about them being made in California is true and thats why they cost so much back in Japan....

freethinker said:
Yes, I leave here on wednesday afternoon, and get to Tampa some time after sunrise I suppose on wednesday.

I just looked into it. Apparently the convertibles were sold in Japan very soon after the S13 was released, but they were 3,250,000yen, or like $40,000 in the late 80's Japan-US exchange rate, even at todays exchange rate it works out to like $27,500 and thats in 1989 dollars!

I wonder if maybe the story about them being made in California is true and thats why they cost so much back in Japan....

GA DAMN!!!! lol thanks for the info good stuff :bigthumbu

freethinker said:
I wore the Ter-Tech shirt only when I went to do car stuff.

Using a demo computer in yodobashi camera superstore in Akihabara right now.

8 floors of electronics and then a DVD/CD floor and a food floor

162044319_3c5a3ba4a9_m.jpg

Do they still have the music in that store that's like Yankee Doodle Dandy, but with all the words replaced with Japanese lyrics talking about how great the store is? That place is like a huge video game...I can almost imagine the boss guy at the end of every level....You've got like Cell Phone Boss, Computer Boss, Anime Boss, Camera mini-boss then Home Theater Boss, Food Boss, and Finally Golf Boss!

Hahahah, funny that you mention it. Yesterday I actually recorded that song. It's 2 different versions of 'glory glory hallelujah' aka battle hymn of the republic. I'll post it up later today. Its so funny the crazy ripoffs here. Down the corner at choco-cro they were playing some album where a Japanese chick was covering a lot of easy listening music. In english too. One was Claptons 'tears in heaven'

That's awesome :)
I forgot that you have video/audio recordingability there....that's definitely one thing I would've asked you to get. Speaking of audio, any luck with the shindoo shindoo song? Maybe ask Yuki about it?

Back
Top Bottom