Florida Drift Championship Qualifier Feb 1st at Gainesville Raceway

thats neat, but its way awesome to full course the IRL.... what section are you thinking of using even?

Best section IMO is that final by yacht club chicane linking into the horse shoe and finish onto main straight. but that blows for spectators.

turn 1/2 has best stands but after turn 1-2 its kinda bleh cuz the straight is squiggly and long.

either way, itll be fun!

*and just regged or Gainesville ^^

Last edited:
Damnit... if its at the irl im guna have to figure someway to get a cage and suit and shit.. Accepting donations hahaha

OK some exiting news looks like the first Florida Drift Series competition event will be at IRL Honda Grand Prix April 3-5 3 day event amongs the IRL and Lemans cars etc... so this is huge news 150 000 spectators bithces. LOL So better get ready only the Pro locensed drivers will be allowed to the season opener to compete.

OHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats freakin awesome news harri

for those who haven't driven IRL, u guys have a BIG treat coming.

and i agree with box, last 3 turns ending in the big straight, or the main turns 1 and 2

so whens moroso??? are still having one of the rounds there????

It is really important for all drivers who are licensed, should contact sponsors as soon as possible. Don't have a suit or cage, start calling companies, either getting product or monetary support. Earlier this week, Harri gave you a perfect sponsorship proposal outline. I hope people are taking advantage of it. I don't want drivers to miss this great opportunity. Drivers who are not registered for the Gainsville Qualifier, DO IT NOWWWW!!!!! Registration is filling up quick.

Florida Drifting Championship series tentative Schedule:

1. ST. Pete IRL/ALMS April 3-5th again should be able to confirm by end of this week

2. May 9th At Palm Beach International Raceway (old Moroso)

3. June 6th at Orlando Speedworld

4. July Gainesville Raceway (cant get a date confirmation from the track)

5. August 15th At Palm Beach International Raceway (old Moroso)

6. September, Seebring or the new Central Florida racetrack possibly if there is enough intrest in the series.

So the 6th event is not for sure yet.

Sent my proposal to a sponsor, went to talk to them today. They're coming to gainesville to watch drivers, anyone's got a chance. They're picking one good driver.

just curious, what kind of sponsor? product? service? money?

good job on being active on the non-driving side too man, props :)

just curious, what kind of sponsor? product? service? money?

good job on being active on the non-driving side too man, props :)

The one that Harri posted earlier. Apparently im the first and only one to send him a proposal. Jet Black Motorsports in Daytona.

Thanks man, I just realized that theres noway I can do this on my own. I still need a suit, gloves, shoes, helmet, finish my cage(Halo, apillar bars and second door bars.)

seems like the licenced drivers dont want to be sponsored or they are doing better than you and me ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Since none of them are acting on this opportunity these guys are for real and intrested in a full sponroship as far as I understood.
So get your proposals DONE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i thought it was for local Daytona drivers only? Well good news i met with very potential sponsor on a rollcage so a lil progress today.

Yeah it was kinda like all the qualified drivers were friends you know HK guys just let who needed it the most and let them roll with it.

Back
Top Bottom