Florida Drift Championship Qualifier Feb 1st at Gainesville Raceway

is this open to any level drivers? ive never been to an event because ive always been so far but i live about 10 minutes from this bish!!

is this open to any level drivers? ive never been to an event because ive always been so far but i live about 10 minutes from this bish!!

you 'can' drive it but from what harri is saying and what the event is about, you are going to waste your money. its going to be 70mph~+ entry speed which is more than 2x what you should be starting out at as a new driver.

Not to mention you are only going to get in about 10 runs. Maybe with Harri having an event up there, it will open up other chances for gainesville to have practice days.

Maybe with Harri having an event up there, it will open up other chances for gainesville to have practice days.

There will def be more Ter-Tech practice events at GIR. I will be making sure the K-rails Harri purchased don't sit collecting dust (except tire dust).
Due to the high cost of GIR we won't be doing them so often as to burn people out; but, we can make sure there are enough to grow the North Florida scene. I will try to work with Josh on creating an alternating schedule so we keep you guys on your toes, but not broke!

But, thats all after the qualifier.

you guys know they let you drift on the road course on their open test and tune days for like $40 right?

only shitty part is its kind of narrow and if you drop a tire 3x, you are done for day. mikespeed and I did it once and lasted till afternoon, our tires were dead anyways.

^^^
Actually, they don't.
Wow, that was a long time ago (Mikespeeds had the POOP 240, hahaha). We have not done those in years.
I organized them back when I managed the road-course but they didn't last very long because Don loves his pavement (and its grass). It was just to narrow for people to learn on and the #'s weren't all that great despite the low cost. But the scene has grown; so, its time for another try.

Anyways, GIR does not allow drifting at any of their events because NHRA insurance specifically forbids it. Thats why we can rent the parking lot only and bring your own insurance.

Even at that, the track owner is willing to work with Ter-Tech because of Harri's professionalism and a plan that benefits all involved. They arn't really interested in working with anyone else at this time.

Last edited:
that fails

Yeah, it did in the past

But, It will be much better now. We will hold Ter-Tech practice events there occasionally because that's really the only track close to Jacksonville and the rest of NE Florida.

That way we can get better and keep up with you SFL guys in the sereis:cool:

OK some good news I just got contacted by a possible sponsor and I told him to sponsor one of the pro drivers for next year, And he really wants to help out one lucky driver. I need all the drivers who have licences near Daytona/Orlando/Jacksonville area to contact me and send me a sponsorship proposal about you why he should sponsor you etc.... and I will send your info to the company.

Merry Christmas

Harri Tervola

If you need help with the sponsorship decks contact me and I'll help you the best I can.

Last edited:
^^^
Actually, they don't.
Wow, that was a long time ago (Mikespeeds had the POOP 240, hahaha). We have not done those in years.
I organized them back when I managed the road-course but they didn't last very long because Don loves his pavement (and its grass). It was just to narrow for people to learn on and the #'s weren't all that great despite the low cost. But the scene has grown; so, its time for another try.

Anyways, GIR does not allow drifting at any of their events because NHRA insurance specifically forbids it. Thats why we can rent the parking lot only and bring your own insurance.

Even at that, the track owner is willing to work with Ter-Tech because of Harri's professionalism and a plan that benefits all involved. They arn't really interested in working with anyone else at this time.

I was talking to my friend who works at GIR and he said that they might allow drifting on the road course next year. Apparently they talked to the insurance and the insurance said that they can have drifting if they have those barrier things (not sure what their called) along the course.

Now I'm not positive, because he doesnt have anything to do with the road course, he works for Frank Hawley and the drag racing school, but apparently he's been asking them about it and thats all i know.. So it may be worth looking into...

Its not the insurance that is holding them back it is the track, Don will not allowe drifting on the road course unless someone invests enough money to install curbing all around the track which would cost six fiqure numbers.
Thats why Ter-Tech bought the K-rails so we can start having events at parking lot of GIR instead. The parking lot there is huge so there literally is unlimited possibilities for lay outs and different speed entries. it is a lot better than the road course. Also one massive problem with the road course is that there is no place to put spectators. So investing on to curbing would never pay itself back.

Back
Top Bottom