Florida Drift Championship Qualifier Feb 1st at Gainesville Raceway

dont quite follow you^^ seat can be abything you want as long as it is attached properly tothe car. If you are asking about seatbelt 4 or 5 point is OK and the dates on the belts need to be up to date.

what's up with fire suits, gloves, shoes, and helmets?

You wear them so you don't your burn alive, can grip the wheel better|don't burn, don't get hick feet|or burn, and crush your pretty face in if you wad your car....

Sorry I couldn't resist... I will be there to take picures again. It's been a hot minute since I've been able to shoot the SFL guys.

suit, gloves and shoes are required as well as snell 2000 or 2005 helmet. I will post the full rules by end of next week friday is the deadline.

Driver’s Attire
The following safety items are required for the driver to participate in a Ter-Tech drift event. All equipment shall be in a state of good condition. All defects, holes, tears, cracks, and other damage shall be repaired to the satisfaction of the Inspectors. Drivers’ competition attire and belts will be subject to random safety inspections at any time while at the event. If, at any time, illegal, non-conforming, or outdated safety equipment is found, the equipment (in its entirety) may become the property of Ter-Tech.

Driving Suits
A Ter-Tech driver is required to wear a suit that covers his or her entire body except for hands, feet, and head. Driving suits shall be one piece and made of the following material:
Nomex, PBI, Fypro, Kevlar, IWS (wool), Fiberglass, Durette, FPT, Kynol, Simpson Heat Shield, Leston Super Protex, FPT Linea Sport, or Durette X-400. Combinations of the above listed material are also acceptable as is any one piece suit carrying an SFI 3-2A/1 rating or better.

Underwear (not mandatory)
Approved underwear made of fire resistant material such as: Nomex, PBI, Fypro, Kevlar,
IWS (wool), Fiberglass, Durette, FPT, Kynol, Simpson Heat Shield, Leston Super Protex,
FPT Linea Sport, or Durette X-400 are recommended with all suits except those made of three (3) layers or carrying a rating of SFI 3-2A/(5, 10, 15, or 20).

Helmet
All Ter-Tech drivers are required to wear an approved helmet while on track. Helmets must be approved by Snell and carry a sticker of Snell 2000 (SA2000) or better. Ratings other than that of “SA” (Special Application), i.e. “M1995, M2005”, are not acceptable.

Gloves
Drivers shall wear gloves made from fire resistant material or leather that fully cover the hands and leave no exposed skin when worn with the driving suit.

Eye and Face protection
Ter-Tech requires a full-face helmet with an impact resistant face shield. Face shields, safety glasses, or goggles all made of impact resistant material are permitted as “eye protection.” However, the choice of eye protection used, and the responsibility for any failure, belongs to the driver.

Shoes
Ter-Tech highly recommends shoes made of fire resistant material or common cowhide leather are required. Shoes must cover the entire foot so that there are no exposed areas of skin.

Last edited:
Driving Suits
A Ter-Tech driver is required to wear a suit that covers his or her entire body except for hands, feet, and head. Driving suits shall be one piece and made of the following material:
Nomex, PBI, Fypro, Kevlar, IWS (wool), Fiberglass, Durette, FPT, Kynol, Simpson Heat Shield, Leston Super Protex, FPT Linea Sport, or Durette X-400. Combinations of the above listed material are also acceptable as is any one piece suit carrying an SFI 3-2A/1 rating or better.

^^

two piece will be fine as long as it meets all the other items mentioned I'll add that into the rules. Cant really deny it since mine is two piece as well LOL!
And for Bill EBAY made in China cheap stuff or try to get someone to sponsor a suit

bill, and EVERYONE, 2 years ago I sent out a basic email to simpson, g-force, and others talking about what I was doing and i needed sponsors. They most all replied with 30% off discounts with almost no effort. TRY it, if nothing else 30% can be helpful cause my helmet+suit+gloves = ~ 700 and I went cheap.

30% off might not be the cheapest deal for gear but your still getting their quality at a discount, i know i am looking to buy a new firesuit maybe and my old one will be up for sale for cheap.

i figured out my sizes and bought a used sparco suit on ebay (the same type that nick hogan had, so you know it was expensive) but i only paid 190 for it, and the gloves and shoes were another 100 on ebay and helmet was 160 for a zamp with the correct certifications.
ebay owns you all

I might finally get a suit instead of borrowing my dad's which is too small haha.

dammit i want to drive so bad but my turbo is toast im 95% positive it wont make it there and back.

Back
Top Bottom