Drift Sessions feb 10th

Why all this hate on the track owner? If he read half the shit you guys post about him, he'd probably lock the gates with a big f*ck you sign at the door.

Lets look at whats going on here:

This is the first place in Miami since early 2005 where we are able to hold events consistently without having to drive at least an hour.

This is the first place in Miami that allows tandems without too many restrictions

This is one of the VERY FEW places in Florida where you will pay $50 to drift, and being an SFL resident, this is the ONLY place in Florida where you will waste less in gas money than a drifting entry fee.

Seriously, man up and play by his rules. They are not hard. He wants to keep his insurance so he can keep his business running. And we'll keep sliding.

So the guy is new to the sport. We have Tim and the guys at JC Performance doing a great job at being able to negociate with him to get us what we need at the events.

Could you ask for more? Sure, no one is perfect, but little people here seem to realize what exactly Countyline offers to us. The older guys seem to appreciate this a lot more since the fall of Hialeah Speedway.

ill tell you why erick...

not the last event but the one before that we were told the gates were gonna be open at 8 so we show up right before 8 and were waiting outside of the gate! SAS, and the bottlefed350 dude can back me up on this one, the owner hauls ass to the gate with his vert caddy and says in a very nasty loud voice..." GATES DONT OPEN TIL 10 o'clock" we told him we were told to be here at 8 since tech was at 9 and the event started at 10. he said something along the lines of .." i dont give a shit" and shut the gate and took off speeding down the track. one of us called tim and tim had to call the owner and tell them to let us in. i understand if he didnt realize we were told one thing, but he didnt have to be an ass about it! just cuz hes the owner doesnt give him the right to talk down to people that are PAYIN for his services! there were also a few other times where he acted all high n mighty towards us at the clinics.... this is why some of the people dont respect him! im very thankful for him letti nus do what we do there but theres no need to be an ass to us just because!

i was always told your have to give respect to recieve respect!

That's fine dude, but again, you gotta play by his rules. I have heard of similar stories regarding the track owner, but talking sh*t won't make it any better.

And you can't say the drifters have a clean slate either.

I'm willing to bet 10-1 that the clinics got screwed over because it was supposed to be one driver + MAYBE one crew per car. 10 cars, no more than 20 people. The last clinic had at LEAST 30 people at one point in itself.

In the end, work with the guy. Even if you get off the wrong foot with him at first, don't lose your cool and wait until he realizes that he is overreacting.

The closest thing to us here otherwise is Ter-Tech, and that's already in Moroso (borderline far). And that's really our only other option right now. So until we have more options, we have to work with what we have.

Bottom line: You might not be completely pleased about it, but you gotta work with it to have the scene grow. At some point he'll realize that he needs us as much as we need the track. We are bringing more and more crowds at every event, except for the last one due to Desoto and this coming one for the last minute deal. But when well promoted, we can bring a great crowd.

From the movie anchorman...reminds me of this everytime i see the pants thing lol.

Brick Tamland: [while coughing] Cough. Look over here.
[spoken]
Brick Tamland: Excuse me, Veronica?
Veronica Corningstone: Yes? What is it, Brick?
Brick Tamland: I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
Veronica Corningstone: Excuse me?
Brick Tamland: [struggling] The... party. With the... with the pants. Party with pants?
Veronica Corningstone: Brick, are you saying that there's a party in your pants and that I'm invited?
Brick Tamland: That's it.
Veronica Corningstone: Did Brian tell you to say this, Brick?
Brick Tamland: No. Yes. He did.
Veronica Corningstone: Okay. No. I don't want to go to a party in your pants.
Brick Tamland: Very well. Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?
Ian: No, Brick.
Brick Tamland: All right. Let's go.
[runs off, there is a sound of crashing off screen]
Brick Tamland: It's all right. I'm all right.

oh i agree with you erick...im just sayin he can be testy at times...

other than that i have no problem with him!

bout the pants thing..guys be honest the first thing anyone should ever think about is saftey first! that means helmet,loong pants,closed toe shoes and possible long sleeves! so lets not complain about his wish about us wearing long pants!

Great news guys! I'm going to countyline to make another DVD! If you like what you see in the Desoto NOPI qualifier DVD you'll love what I do with countyline. Its going to be the same deal as Desoto was; DVD of the full event for $35 and individual DVDs for $25. Check the Desoto DVD webpage to check it out.
Click Here

Yup! Your shit fixed yet? BTW, I'm finishing your clip right now (only have two of you on the pad but they look good), what song do you want? Since its short and since I feel bad that you wrecked, just buy me a hotdog or something at the next event.
D

Back
Top Bottom