D1GP Miami Feedback

As far as I am concerned the event was A couple of us were speaking to Ueno's mechanic and he said the motor on the Soarer makes like 8-900hp on 1.6 bar
He talked to me and a buddy of mine, he said 900ps. which if you convert it from metric is like 830-somethingwhp. but yeah who's counting, only 800hp...psh Really cool meeting some of the people who were there on friday, its a shame I couldnt see Yoshioka! shouldnt've gone back to tampa.. lol
Tschiiya hooked it up w/ a ciggerette! :) Now that shit was cool.

+1 to the foam.

i had a blast and it was a absolute deal all that entertainment, driving, meeting cool, people, 4 tickets. For a 100 sweet shit.

all i have to say is thanks for the awsome time! me n pops had a blast. i have almost every run from the top 16 on film. just need to upload them! will do hopefully during the week. but yea next time(if there is) i better be ready to hit the track gunnin!

awesome time for 35 bucks!!! couldn't stand the commentator. he called the chaser mk2 a "mark 2" and was calling numoken "Novocain". when he could have been saying crap we wanted to hear like entry speed of the vehicles he was trying to do some baseball game wave shit. I could have done without that. as for the driving and the track, in the first turn was a big sweeper the big hp guys (all from japan) really had a ridiculous advantage but after that the track kept it pretty even with everyone. the final battle was sick. it was cool to see locals up there with the jap drivers we've been watching for years in videos. as for the rain.... this is SF. buy an umbrella.

um

well it was cool to watch in person, but I think there was alot of wasted time, and its funny how no one wants to talk about the tech of D1 where you get to tech your own car (thats BS) but they wanna rag on us at countyline for a crappy tech. I heard there were guys sliding in shorts on friday.
all in all i think the end result was spot on, but estie did get shafted. also boxmod and bill choked, sucks cause they were killin it earlier. And i was also surprised of the turn out i can only imagine what it would of been if they had promoted it. and those Jdm guys really raised the bar of the locals

i had a great time everyones driving was on point! i really have no complainants about the organization of the event. cheap seats were the best with great views. estie needs more power tho. it sucks to have that disadvantage right off the bat. i felt the anouncer was alright although he didnt seem to be able to read the sponsors very well lol. i really hope they come back soon though.

So I guess I'm the only guy who thought this event blew dick?

IMO the track layout was shitty at least with a little more speed it def would've been funner a lot of local guys got dicked in the judging, and the 35 dollar entrance fee was def not worth it. i would have much rather stood outside of the fences and watched from the outside like some people.

i wont attend another D1 event. the driver search a couple years back was awesome, this time i felt like i paid 35 dollars to watch a county line event.

now before anyone says anything about "OMG THEY'RE D1 DRIVERS!" I wasn't all too impressed the local guys were hanging, and maybe the might have taken it lightly on the locals they put up a fight [not trying to put down the local drivers either]

all in all i think the it was a good event for the drivers being able to compete with some d1 drivers but as a spectator id much rather just watch it on video.

IMO the track layout was shitty at least with a little more speed it def would've been funner a lot of local guys got dicked in the judging, and the 35 dollar entrance fee was def not worth it. i would have much rather stood outside of the fences and watched from the outside like some people.

i wont attend another D1 event. the driver search a couple years back was awesome, this time i felt like i paid 35 dollars to watch a county line event.

now before anyone says anything about "OMG THEY'RE D1 DRIVERS!" I wasn't all too impressed the local guys were hanging, and maybe the might have taken it lightly on the locals they put up a fight [not trying to put down the local drivers either]

all in all i think the it was a good event for the drivers being able to compete with some d1 drivers but as a spectator id much rather just watch it on video.

I agree the event as a whole sucked IMO. the drifting part was good, everything else was junkymonkey shit. Drivers were doing good, but faster speeds woulda killed even more cars. And to say that drivers got dicked by judging, mmm driftbox determined majority of the voting and driftbox dont lie yo! And I'm sorry but the local drivers were definately not "hanging" with the d1 guys lol sorry but you guys are in LaLa land for sure on that one. None of the cars that were there that were local had even close to the power to hang with those cars.

But the battle for first was definately badass close action going on, too bad it turned into a dumb nissan vs toyota thing :ugh:

I agree the event as a whole sucked IMO. the drifting part was good, everything else was junkymonkey shit. Drivers were doing good, but faster speeds woulda killed even more cars. And to say that drivers got dicked by judging, mmm driftbox determined majority of the voting and driftbox dont lie yo! And I'm sorry but the local drivers were definately not "hanging" with the d1 guys lol sorry but you guys are in LaLa land for sure on that one. None of the cars that were there that were local had even close to the power to hang with those cars.

But the battle for first was definately badass close action going on, too bad it turned into a dumb nissan vs toyota thing :ugh:

DRIFTBOX IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

Regardless It Failed, And I Probably Wont Attend Another One,They Probably Wont Even Come Back Down. FLORIDAfail.

Announcer Sucked More Dick Than A CRACK WHORE ON 8TH STREET,And I still Feel That Chelsea Won Both Of His Runs And Wasnt In Need Of A OMT.

go back to FSS & JDMSouth.

Last edited:

You compared this event to an countyline event you are an idiot!
So the driving was on the same level as county line ?????????????????
the seats were just like countyline???
there was absolutely nothing that was similar to countyline.

DRIFTBOX IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

Regardless It Failed, And I Probably Wont Attend Another One,They Probably Wont Even Come Back Down. FLORIDAfail.

Announcer Sucked More Dick Than A CRACK WHORE ON 8TH STREET,And I still Feel That Chelsea Won Both Of His Runs And Wasnt In Need Of A OMT.

Driftbox sucks one more proof that you are an idiot!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom