ae86 or s13

LOL Thats a different story, you can say "Hey Girl ever been in a drift machine" then proceed to scare the panties off.:laugh: I just can't drive..............yet.:bigthumbu besides haven't given my girl the "do you think this car is sexy" test yet. To find out if she's a keeper.

She'll find it sexy if you pull off a donut or something. Not so hard to do. Just practice it a little before you show her. When it's time for the big show, she will love it!

86's are harder to slide than a s13, and more $$$ to build. But it beats having the same
car as 90% of the people at an event.

shorter wheel base, less power if stock. If you ever get a chance drive 1 and see.
Sliding an s13 rite after is way easier

i use to own a 86 now i have a s13 i love sliden on coupe even open diff im not gonna go back its just to easy to slide a 240

a gt-s makes the same power as a stock 240sx for the chasis it has, if not more.

I've slid both cars before, they both slide the same. the only difference was the wheelbase which means you have to turn the wheel a whopping 13 degrees more than the 240. plus driving the corolla makes you feel like you're in a bubble

this has got to be one of the dumbest post on sfl!!!!!!!

this is up there with kat vs. sr!!!!

noods!

I would have to agree. This goes along with the stupid ass hatch vs. coupe discussion. Who the fuck cares which one is better? Everyone has their preference. Why start an arguement between people when it all depends on your preference.

Please mods lock this bullshit thread.

a gt-s makes the same power as a stock 240sx for the chasis it has, if not more.

I've slid both cars before, they both slide the same. the only difference was the wheelbase which means you have to turn the wheel a whopping 13 degrees more than the 240. plus driving the corolla makes you feel like you're in a bubble

Corolla GT-S makes 112 hp while the single cam KA makes 135 or 140 hp (I forgot which one). Twin cam KA makes 155 hp. So how is it that they make the same or more power as a 240? You really got me on that one. :confused:

From what I have seen, the Corolla is a much harder car to slide. I've riden with Guillermo in an S13, and wow, it was so easy. Everyone says it, the S13 drifts itself. AE86, not so much. You really got to beat the shit out of it to slide it right. Guillermo, Harri, Shane, and pretty much anyone that can slide has said it, the S13 slides itself.

I've drifted other cars, such as a 2005 Mustang GT when I worked at Carmax, and it was significantly MUCH easier than my Corolla. The Corolla is a twitchy car, that likes to be demanded what to do, as where some other cars, S13 included, love to do the work for you. The Corolla is a rebelious motherfucker, and says it's no one's slave. I love the Challenge.

I would have to agree. This goes along with the stupid ass hatch vs. coupe discussion. Who the fuck cares which one is better? Everyone has their preference. Why start an arguement between people when it all depends on your preference.

Please mods lock this bullshit thread.

so just cause u dont like the threads its a bullshit thread? why does it have to be locked u dont make sense!! no one is making u post in the thread so dont!! GTFO!!

i just bought a 85 corolla!!!

so just cause u dont like the threads its a bullshit thread? why does it have to be locked u dont make sense!! no one is making u post in the thread so dont!! GTFO!!

Yay. I heard they gave you a problem at National City.... Why didn't you call me.

^^^ That's the only thing that matters, a driver picks a car because he likes it. Congrats man and welcome to the family and 86 life :bigthumbu. Well, I don't know about the other people but you can PM me anytime with questions.

No needs to argue about which is better, both have pros and cons. Let whoever is going to buy one decide. All the person who posted this thread wanted to know was some info about the ae86. I don't see the point in closing anything, there's tons more of info that can be given and may help other people who read it.

Last edited:

Welcome to the family dude. If you need any info, Giacomo (The Redline 03) and I have lots of info we can help you with. With time, you will see the 86 community is full of people willing to help one another.:bigthumbu

BTW, SR5 or GT-S? It doesn't matter what it is anyway. You are still an 86 brother to me.:)

^^^ That's the only thing that matters, a driver picks a car because he likes it. Congrats man and welcome to the family and 86 life :bigthumbu. Well, I don't know about the other people but you can PM me anytime with questions.

No needs to argue about which is better, both have pros and cons. Let whoever is going to buy one decide. All the person who posted this thread wanted to know was some info about the ae86. I don't see the point in closing anything, there's tons more of info that can be given and may help other people who read it.

yea for real. guy just wanted some info on both cars to make the decision that suits him. no one is born with knowledge..so we ask questions...thats how we learn. RED ST we got yo back soN!:bigthumbu

Welcome to the family dude. If you need any info, Giacomo (The Redline 03) and I have lots of info we can help you with. With time, you will see the 86 community is full of people willing to help one another.:bigthumbu

BTW, SR5 or GT-S? It doesn't matter what it is anyway. You are still an 86 brother to me.:)
thanks for the welcome.. its a sr5 :( not alot of power couldnt really do anything but it is fun tho!! only major problem with it is that it has a dented fender.

i agree with u 100% all i wanted to no was info on the cars.. there is no need to close a thread.. and thanks for the welcome.. i will be asking alot of questions i will have pics up either tonight or tommorrow.

Yay. I heard they gave you a problem at National City.... Why didn't you call me.

yea!! i hate nation city worst bank ever!!! lol jeremys signatures didnt match on his ID from wen he was 16!!! stupid old hag!

well it is pretty bad it looks like it has been banged out with a hammer a couple of times..lol i have no clue about this car i feel like the biggest noob ther is!

Back
Top Bottom