ae86 or s13

yeah the one i am selling has one its a 40/44 the biggest single downdraft easiest to tune. sidedrafts get more power if paired with a cam. but are harder to tune i messed up once and traded a pair of mikunis for an ae shell. guy sold em on ebay for 1200. shell wasnt worth more than 400

hks0ne1 psi racing next to the tamiami airport messes with 4ag's

if you have ever driven an ae with a stock carb you would probably never ever want to own one. webers really free em up. nowadays you never find ae's with stock carbs, always an aftermarket one, big problems with original units

does it have to be carbed? or whats better?

Ahh the long debated which is better carb or fuel injection lol. Well, like before it all depends on your budget. I will probably always recommend people to get a gts(for the resons I said before). It also just frees you up to swap in a 4agze, 20v 4ags, etc. This is if you are completely new to the 86 or tuning cars in general.

dual sidesrafts aregold in the old school world. you ever find any sew them to your nut sack. carbed 4ages are easier to work with. i like em better less wiring no ecu. just turn screw. + somedumb ass will think it's itb's lol

YouTube - Datsun 1600/510 drift i like these too have a coupe shell out back. still dont know drag or drift forthis chassis

Last edited:
Ahh the long debated which is better carb or fuel injection lol. Well, like before it all depends on your budget. I will probably always recommend people to get a gts(for the resons I said before). It also just frees you up to swap in a 4agze, 20v 4ags, etc. This is if you are completely new to the 86 or tuning cars in general.

o ok see i didnt kno there was a 4agze lol

o ok see i didnt kno there was a 4agze lol
If you plan on going boost thats the engine to go with ;). I seem to be more an n/a engine type guy but I'll go boost no problem lol. I'll probably build a boosted 4ag for the Never Lift spare 86 drift car(if budget allows).

Last edited:
fuel injection vs carb? Like he said Carb is easy to tune just a screwdriver and your ear, But weather does effect it so if its a dd be prepared to grab the screwdriver just to start it. but ecu tuning is expensive and impossible to do without the proper equipment but will start every time. They each have there ups and down, just depends on the application. So choose your poison.

^An N/A AE86 does some damage in the right drivers hands besides you got to get to know her first before you decide on the power adders.:bigthumbu

secrets2k

there aren't many of us so we compensate.

Last edited:
only get a corolla if you like never winning an event and are good with bondo and like to pay fanboy prices for stuff and look like a complete noob when you go to an event thinking you are badass akina speedstars. or of course you like the corolla better than a 240. it's all personal choice. they both are old pos cars stock and with any amount of money one can be better than the other but sourcing parts are ftw in most peoples mind.

Back
Top Bottom