ae86 or s13

Dj idk whos gonna let you " test slide" their car but if there is one person who would let you test drive for sure is probly miles

very good sam!! lol that is who it would b!! lol
jeremy i dont think i would clame his as ur cuz man it might look bad lol
but would that car be worth that much?

Well consider that the GTS in good condition is usually 5k and up. Now to do the conversion of an SR5 to GTS requires 4ag engine,ECU, T50 transmission.GTS driveshaft, rear end, Cluster, GTS Gas tank, springs and shocks, etc. now there are other options with the SR5 ....ask E's factory AE86 and his 3tc engine. but if it runs and your willing to do the work yes it is.

yes i am willing to do the work and learn new cars to.. it has suspension on it im told and some other stuff.. wut other options is ther without doing all thos changes?

Well consider that the GTS in good condition is usually 5k and up. Now to do the conversion of an SR5 to GTS requires 4ag engine,ECU, T50 transmission.GTS driveshaft, rear end, Cluster, GTS Gas tank, springs and shocks, etc. now there are other options with the SR5 ....ask E's factory AE86 and his 3tc engine. but if it runs and your willing to do the work yes it is.

+1.... defenitely worth it.
Go for it.
:bigthumbu

It's one of those depends who you ask type questions. Remember your going from carbs to fuel injection in a sr5 to gts conversion. The more you know about a car the easier it is to convert things. The price really depends on straight frame, rust, condition of the engine(non-running, running, running strong, etc).

Saves headaches if you get a gts. Then its engine maintence, key suspension components and locking diff. You almost win the lottery with a gts w/ lsd rear-end lol.

well, I'd at least recommend the gas tank off of a GTS, it has treading in the tank to catch fuel while the car is experiencing extreme G's. but keep the engine cool and drive drive drive.

i was told clear title, no rust, runs, but i cant find a gts for my cheap budget no job FTL!! so else can i do without the big gts changes

Thats why Redline is the guru:bigthumbu

Maybe your budget is telling you what to get, as an owner if your concerned with a budget the AE86 my not fit your lifestyle. Take it from me, you don't want to short change yourself on this. The SR5 and GTS is like night and day.

im in ur position but ive been reading and learnin. and i chose to go with the 86..thanks to Latino Hibino and Redline ive been learning more and more sooo my choice has been the 86..i had an s13 for a while..theyre a perfect beginner car..not sayin im pro but w/e ! lol good luck:bigthumbu

well as of now i am short on cash and had to sell my project car pretty much.. but i will have money.. i think my mind is made up and i am going to grab me the 86

alright i will.. nother dumb question sense i am asking alot of them lol does the 86's have a over heating problem such as the 240's?

s13 will be a cheaper drift car, and man do i love s13 coupes but the 86 is still a great lightweight platform. sr20 ae86 i hear is a great reliable setup.

i've never seen anyone drift the 86 well at countyline, but i haven't been in quite some time.

- thom

without the big GTS changes???

So u want the cheapest cheapest way... let me c lol...
after a properly welded differential...
IMO

swap in a 1.8 3TC, buy some used side-drafts, get them rebuit or use the stock 5 finger intake manifold with an adapter and a 500CFM 2 brl Holley carb used/new w/e, shave the head and a mild lumpy cam lol.
Unless ur boosting the 3TC using a blow-thru setup, EFI conversion, etc u dont need double valves springs and shit. Stock ones live forever.
It doesnt rev high like a 4AG..but the torque is much more even with the hp output.

My uncle and his Ol skoo Toyota homies have these lil pushrod engines around.
...simple wiring, keep SR5 tranny, etc
carb to carb swap.

For ex. The way I setup my swap, I have THE MOST maybe 5 wires running to my engine...
And between me and my old man or a homie, I can take the motor out in 10-15minutes...def under 20.... its sweet...:bigthumbu

OROROR

get a set of used side-draft Dellortos, Mikunis, or Webers (ebay, toyota3tc.com, BRDracing.com, etc) and strap them on a 16V 4Ag *GTS motor, run lines from the injector ports to the brake booster...
a 6AL MSD setup, some other details with the dizzy and a GOOD TUNE and u have an NA beast only beat by a 20V *budget wise ofc

***I know I dude that adapted a set of 20V ITBs onto a 4AC motor...
not worth it IMO
If ur not gonna slide the car and its ur daily then keep the 4AC and AC FTW lol

** if I had the funds ive love a Beams 3SGE Altezza motor with ITBs...
And if I won the lotto it wld ba a Formula Alantic 4AG....

Last edited:
without the big GTS changes???

So u want the cheapest cheapest way... let me c lol...
after a properly welded differential...
IMO

swap in a 1.8 3TC, buy some used side-drafts, get them rebuit or use the stock 5 finger intake manifold with an adapter and a 500CFM 2 brl Holley carb used/new w/e, shave the head and a mild lumpy cam lol.
Unless ur boosting the 3TC using a blow-thru setup, EFI conversion, etc u dont need double valves springs and shit. Stock ones live forever.
It doesnt rev high like a 4AG..but the torque is much more even with the hp output.

My uncle and his Ol skoo Toyota homies have these lil pushrod engines around.
...simple wiring, keep SR5 tranny, etc
carb to carb swap.

For ex. The way I setup my swap, I have THE MOST maybe 5 wires running to my engine...
And between me and my old man or a homie, I can take the motor out in 10-15minutes...def under 20.... its sweet...:bigthumbu

OROROR

get a set of used side-draft Dellortos, Mikunis, or Webers (ebay, toyota3tc.com, BRDracing.com, etc) and strap them on a 16V 4Ag *GTS motor, run lines from the injector ports to the brake booster...
a 6AL MSD setup, some other details with the dizzy and a GOOD TUNE and u have an NA beast only beat by a 20V *budget wise ofc

***I know I dude that adapted a set of 20V ITBs onto a 4AC motor...
not worth it IMO
If ur not gonna slide the car and its ur daily then keep the 4AC and AC FTW lol

** if I had the funds ive love a Beams 3SGE Altezza motor with ITBs...
And if I won the lotto it wld ba a Formula Alantic 4AG....

my cuz has a prefect 4ag laying in he garage right now ill hook red st up with

BTW AE86s over heating... hells to the no lol...
I only over heated my 4Ac (my 1st AE86) bc I blew the fuse to the electric fan (ghetto rigged)...
rebuild the head and she was good as new.

i think this car will work out for me i have plenty of options!!

jeremy u no how to weld a dif? im going to need it

Back
Top Bottom