ae86 or s13

alright i will.. nother dumb question sense i am asking alot of them lol does the 86's have a over heating problem such as the 240's?

I think that all comes down to engine maintence. I can't speak for 240s but you can ask people who witnessed an ae86 drift the Moroso road course by doing like 6-7 runs back to back full throttle or when this same 86 drifted a countyline private day for 12mins straight (twice) non-stop by "never lifting" ;). All I can say is I'll go homo for that driver lol.

I think that all comes down to engine maintence. I can't speak for 240s but you can ask people who witnessed an ae86 drift the Moroso road course by doing like 6-7 runs back to back full throttle or when this same 86 drifted a countyline private day for 12mins straight (twice) non-stop by "never lifting" ;). All I can say is I'll go homo for that driver lol.

lmao damn now i want a ae86...u Toyota guys are so much cooler then the Nissan guys :bigthumbu:saythat::saythat:

seriously that is crazyness!!

buy miles 86! i am going to get another hatch once a job comes my way.. u better extend that garage!

Last edited:
Amen * Scratches lottery ticket*

rofl...

Yo BTW im sure ur friend has the skills to weld a diff...;)
but just tto give u a heads up..
AE86 difs are a lil more complex than 240 diffs...
so its not as simple...since u have to weld all the spider gears in there without fucking up other rotating and moving shit but at the same time making the welds strong enough to hold the abuse....and not shatter everything to hell lol

Listen to Redline and E's Factory AE86 they know there stuff. And don't forget Latino Hibino ,xorzero, monkymajik, well there a few more guys on here but you'll know when you talk to them

Last edited:
i will take any advice i get!! thanks so much to all of u guys! be prepared for my stupid questions i will make sure i search first tho..

I'm learning myself still but to me there is no such thing as a dumb question, Just Dumb people!!!!!!!! J/k feel free to ask anything.

ae's are extremely balanced with their power to weight ratio. it almost 50/50which is y they are fun to drive even though slow. becoming rare and extinct. states like florida and california are lucky because many ae'sweresold in those states. parts arent hard to find. i spend days off driving around searching for old rwd toyotas (cressys corolloas coronas) and have found a fare share of ae' thats y i have 3. rotary swaps are basically drop in and tighten bolts. toyota truck and datsun rears work well on ae's also a 22r pick up swap will crap ona 4ag any day. you can build one 4 less than a grand and outperform a 240

ae+1000

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. The 86 is as fun as it gets when it comes to drifting (IMO, and the opinion of many others). Yes, you will be spending big bucks on getting this car driftable, but it is oh so worth it. Stock 4AG, LSD, and suspension, and it can't be any funner than that. Foot to the floor all day. When I got on the road course at Moroso, I trully got the feeling of "Never Lift". I even clutch kicked some of the transitions. If I let off the throttle for any stupid reason, drift over. It's the best feeling in the world knowing that you are on the brink of killing yourself, but still not letting off the throttle. Trust me dude, get the 86, get a 4AG, an LSD, and some suspension, and you will be the happiest drifter in the world. I know when my car was working, I was.

For some carb inspiration, heres Hibino's old setup(150ps) that shocked the drifting world when he basically beat Nomuken's 500hp Skyline in the D1 Finals a little while back. . .

Hibinoenginebay1.jpg

^^^ That did this. . .
YouTube - hibino ae86 jumping drift ebisu

YouTube - MIKI Vs HIBINO big crash

This may not be the most competitive setup to go pro in but for local events it can tear the track up. The 86 seems to come to life with 130whp + or so.

Well, a 85whp ae86 can do a decent job at Countyline ;)(after Eric's bmw and at the very end). .
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/TheRedline03/?action=view&current=Countylinedrift.flv

For the people who don't know that ^^^ was the test day to see if drifting can be held at Countyline. I guess the rest is history now lol

PS It sucks to run out of power even when your on the throttle a lot lol. I'm about to change that problem soon ;).

Back
Top Bottom