Why does no one drift mustangs?

arent there 3 mustangs in formula d this year? justin pawlak, vaughn gittin, and tony b?

yes.

dan pina drove a fox body style and doug van den brink drove the late 90s model (i think) with a rear mount turbo.

mustangs are fine, if you like making excuses for how they look everytime you show someone your car. hahaha they'z ugly'z

Dude forget that Solid and trade it with a sissy cobra owner that wants to dragrace and get you a pimpin IRS:bigthumbu

l

Thats what the previous owner of my roommates mustang did, the cobra IRS is so badass. Car (01 GT 5sp) is actually really easy to drift with the stock suspension (besides the IRS) I take it out in the rain all the time, its not that bad in the dry either. The steering angle does suck ALOT but really you can drive around it, you just have to sit on full lock pretty much the whole time.

I have also drifted a stock 08 GT 5spd and that car was amazing! I mean it felt like a heavier version of my car and even had more steering angle than my car and I have modded tie rods. Makes me want on even though I have never been a ford fan.

I don't know why you guys are complaining about suspension prices when with a 5.0 you don't need to do an engine swap and can have over 300hp quite easily when most people spend over 2500 bucks to have a 205hp 4cyl swapped in. Just take that 2500 bucks and put it into the suspension instead which most people are going to spend over a grand on coilovers and arms on a 240 anyways.

Someone really need to come up with a steering angle kit for 04 and older mustangs.

If they are such great platforms and whatnot, why isn't fd and d1 and any
other series filled with them?

what are you talking about? JR kills it in his? and the s197 is becoming more common in FD, watch JRs video when he goes to japan, daigo saito drives his and he looves it, rumor has it saito is even building one!!

if mustangs had better steering angle, and the suspension wasn't so expensive, then i'd be drifting mine... but i still love 240's so i'd probably have both anyways.

your killing me with expensive, UPRproducts.com, cheaper than 240 shit.

steering angle? do angle mod, problem solved.

Last edited:
silly back and forth bullshit as always...

you live life once, if you want a mustang hop on it... end of discussion...

true "car guys" will appreciate anything done right, even if its that impala with 36"rims on it, if its that honda with the fastest all motor whatever... if its done right and with a purpose more power to you.

true "haters" will hate no matter the case so welcome to haterville where haters gonna hate you still.

peace.

do it, mustangs make great power, as for ppl saying they suck ect ect.. refer to this
Vaughn-Gittin-Jr.jpg

anything done w money is the tits..

your right bro, but if you put enough time into any car, being done the right way. you wont need tons of dough. ,u comparrison was ubsurd. but cmon. theres this dude

now granted, he hasnt fully learned to drive his car, the car is a awesome candidate, and this dude by no means is a millionaire... he put time and efffort. bobby ore drove this car, and id say it was one of the most ballinest 100+ mph entries ive ever seen. lol

so mustangs are a go if you do em right. as with every car.. not being a douche, just staing some points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any rear wheel drive car can "drift". I think its absurd when people talk crap about domestics drifting. Get use to it 2010 is the year for domestics taking over look at formula D all the top drivers and teams are driving domestics or domestic powered cars. Its about time America pulls japans tit out of its mouth and makes the sport our own. v8s unite!!!!

Back
Top Bottom