Why does no one drift mustangs?

well liek this past year fox bodies werent allowed for FD competition for some crazy reason. But thats been amended

Just keep you're peepers out for Zombie Horse
DSC_0397-1.jpg

Any rear wheel drive car can "drift". I think its absurd when people talk crap about domestics drifting. Get use to it 2010 is the year for domestics taking over look at formula D all the top drivers and teams are driving domestics or domestic powered cars. Its about time America pulls japans tit out of its mouth and makes the sport our own. v8s unite!!!!

very tru. domestics are gonna gain more and more presence in the drifting scene slowly but surely bc drifting and torque just go hand in hand. low torque vehicles even if they make the same hp i think are slowly be phased out in the pro/proam series just bc they simply cant keep up especially as the competition becomes fiercer.

Last edited:
yeah fox bodies are really popular drift cars in europe for some reason... seems sorta weird to me.

Americans are ruining pro drifting. It has nothing to do with american cars.

Thats quite a steep statement. What made you come to that conclusion? Last I checked america i.e. americans are the biggest market for drifting and are the main contributing factors to the massave groth of the sport. What dose americans ruining drifting (funny) have anything to do with drifting mustangs? :confused:

Americans are ruining pro drifting. It has nothing to do with american cars.

agreed and as to tim, watch jdm insiders and really listen to the interviews of ueno, and all the other shop owners/drivers... you will understand... even they think we are ruining the essence of drifting.

and what is the essence of drifting?

keeping it fun, and truly understanding every aspect of your car...

here in america it still may be fun for a lot of us but most people could care less how they tune their cars and just slap parts on their car. the future of drifting lies in our hands and if the majority of people dont try to care for their car then the sport will not last.... i really like formula d, and proam, and xdc, and all the competitions, but maybe my outlook sucks cuz i live in florida...

You don't think there are hacks in Japan? Or Europe? There are people who butcher cars in all motor sports not just drifting. Its not drifting in america thats creating hack drifters you hit the nail on the head its just drifting in florida. If you go to any drift event outside of florida it would blow your mind. The problem is drifting attracts a very young crowd. Too young and broke to properly afford a properly built car. You cant blame people cause they cant afford HKS hypermax coilovers and cut there springs instead. lol Dont you think if you gave anyone at county line 100,000 dollars and said go build a car they would show up with a D1 car next month? They would. Hear me now. This goes for anyone who thinks japan is the bomb. People who drift in Japan in a pro am level and up are rich. Its expensive to own a car in japan much less to build and campaign a drift car.Basically its a rich boy sport that's why all the cars are baller. So don't get too impressed like all those guys are on your level. Dont get me wrong some of them are on a budget but the ones who make it on those videos that jump the pond are not. Drifting in America is just fine. Drifting in Florida sucks.

thank you tim, you are right there are hacks everywhere... and i havent been to an event outside of florida, but i can tell you that the reason florida is failing is because of our excuse to have the biggest pos ever and call it a drift car...there is a difference between top of the line coilovers and cut springs, but i think if you are goin to modify a car you should take the time to do so and do it right.

thank you tim, you are right there are hacks everywhere... and i havent been to an event outside of florida, but i can tell you that the reason florida is failing is because of our excuse to have the biggest pos ever and call it a drift car...

imo drifting sucks in florida bc we only have a handful of skillful truly dedicated drivers. if we had more skilled drivers driving, drifting would be more fun to come out to watch, leading to more spectators, leading to more money for event coordinators, leading to bigger better events. no point in coming out to watch expensive badass looking drift cars drifting if there is no skill to keep the crowd entertained. i would personally stick around to watch a plain primered 240 tearing it up then a car done up like nomura spinning out all the time. we need more people with more passion to really learn to drift well with an intent to win, not a bunch of kids going to a few skidpads, getting an orange name, calling themselves a drifter and then quitting or just plain sucking with no improvement.no offense. and why dont people improve? bc we dont have enough people to tell them they arent as hot as they think they are and no one to push them to do better. same reason why florida's public education system is fail bc we set the standards too low. this is why i like to aim for the stars bc even if i dont make it i will walk away knowing i have achieved the most i could. truff
/rant

Last edited:
Actually I think Florida has a very high number of very skilled drivers and I also do not think it has anything to do with how ya'll's cars look since I have been to the bunch of events in the SC/NC area and the cars up here look just as crappy as down there but they pull mad spectators.

I think it has to do with they slide venues that are pretty much in the middle of town, not a drive out into the everglades to get to like countyline. I think it has everything to do with venues and the quality of them, thats way more important than what your damn cars look like. I mean the level of driving in NC/SC is in my mind a bit lower and SWD rents out Charlotte Motor speedway a few times a year to run their shit. They throw an event every month and Drift MB throws 11 events a year.

Most of the time lots of spectators show up.

Hey Piner keep your eyes peeled cause I heard from the grape vine that there will be someone new throwing events coming son up there. Won't say how I know, but trust me.

Back
Top Bottom