Why does no one drift mustangs?

imo drifting sucks in florida bc we only have a handful of skillful truly dedicated drivers. if we had more skilled drivers driving, drifting would be more fun to come out to watch, leading to more spectators, leading to more money for event coordinators, leading to bigger better events. no point in coming out to watch expensive badass looking drift cars drifting if there is no skill to keep the crowd entertained. i would personally stick around to watch a plain primered 240 tearing it up then a car done up like nomura spinning out all the time. we need more people with more passion to really learn to drift well with an intent to win, not a bunch of kids going to a few skidpads, getting an orange name, calling themselves a drifter and then quitting or just plain sucking with no improvement.no offense. and why dont people improve? bc we dont have enough people to tell them they arent as hot as they think they are and no one to push them to do better. same reason why florida's public education system is fail bc we set the standards too low. this is why i like to aim for the stars bc even if i dont make it i will walk away knowing i have achieved the most i could. truff
/rant

no the fact that florida has no venues makes florida drifting suck, i cant count how many GOOD drivers we have... Florida has plenty of talent and if you think that it doesnt you are sadly mistaken...

infact i could probably name 100 drivers that could compete...i kinda want to list them but it would take way too much time. and as a side note florida education doesnt suck because of a low standard its due to lack of governmental funding. but thats a whole different debate.

From a noob's perspective:

I feel its the lack of places....
I want to learn how to drift and would love a place to practice regularly, but the only place is countyline skidpad.

As good as having an event close to miami is, don't get me wrong but the skidpad aint much. I specd it once and it was like 20 cars, and most people got like one minute track time tops per each run and then had to go back to the start of the line.
The audience was....:ugh: eh lets just leave it at that.

Now lets say I went there to learn and practice, with 20 cars behind me and lots of more experienced drivers around I would definitely feel pressured. It be like go in, get 30 secs run and try not to spin out, then get out.

So the only options for a noob like me are a)skidpads b) streetsliding in deserted warehouses and what not, which only works once a week and you have to alternate between spots to prevent from heating them too much, and you are always looking out for cops, security, etc etc, and there's no one to instruct you tell you what you are doing wrong or whatever.

If there was a place like ebisu, with dedicated tracks for beginners, intermediate, advanced drivers, etc, it be a different story.

But it aint, so you just make do with what you got

rustangs, hardy har har...

the newer Mustangs drift and handle really well. well, the GT's anyways.

BUT!

Strong aftermarket and abundant information makes it possible for the average (low budget/no fab skills/little to no race build experience/needs everything to be bolt on or plug and play and tons of forum members to help troubleshoot) drifter to build a drift car.

That is why s13 will always reign as t3h drift chassis champion.

Hey Piner keep your eyes peeled cause I heard from the grape vine that there will be someone new throwing events coming son up there. Won't say how I know, but trust me.

uhhh yeah it doesn't concern me much anymore though. And if it is Tommy from drift basic throwing events at silver dragway, I already know about that. I helped set it up and get it going.

Ive been to lots of drift events outside of Florida. Shit car are everywhere. Thunderhill has an awesome track with some awesome drivers and Adams Kart track blows it away. Location and promotion.

Americans on a pro level are ruining drifting. D1's main sponsored cars are sponsored by companies that produce parts for motorsports, mainly drifting. Here our cars are sponsored by big companies that just want billboards for their products and don't care if the whole car is a one-off part. WE are becoming NASCAR here. we will all have Spec V8's, tube frame chassis, and fiberglass bodies soon. And then retards will buy Tanner Foust replica Scions and calling FD Stock car Drifting.

I think rules need to be changed to only use parts that are available to the public. And a motor that there is only 500 made is not considered a production motor. Its a motor that was never offered in any actual street car. Teams that want to Use Custom control arms need to R&D them and then offer then for sale with a certain amount made. Possibly a 1000 units. That way people are drifting cars on a pro level that are actually being used for drifting at all other levels also.

Ive been to lots of drift events outside of Florida. Shit car are everywhere. Thunderhill has an awesome track with some awesome drivers and Adams Kart track blows it away. Location and promotion.

Americans on a pro level are ruining drifting. D1's main sponsored cars are sponsored by companies that produce parts for motorsports, mainly drifting. Here our cars are sponsored by big companies that just want billboards for their products and don't care if the whole car is a one-off part. WE are becoming NASCAR here. we will all have Spec V8's, tube frame chassis, and fiberglass bodies soon. And then retards will buy Tanner Foust replica Scions and calling FD Stock car Drifting.

I think rules need to be changed to only use parts that are available to the public. And a motor that there is only 500 made is not considered a production motor. Its a motor that was never offered in any actual street car. Teams that want to Use Custom control arms need to R&D them and then offer then for sale with a certain amount made. Possibly a 1000 units. That way people are drifting cars on a pro level that are actually being used for drifting at all other levels also.

yes... all of this. yes

This is one of the best posts of all time on this site. Period.

It's funny to think you were Ban from this website at one time, or, multiple times...

i see your point but that dont got shit to do about people drifting a mustang

Teams that want to Use Custom control arms need to R&D them and then offer then for sale with a certain amount made. Possibly a 1000 units. That way people are drifting cars on a pro level that are actually being used for drifting at all other levels also.

The problem with this is that it would kill the privateers using unconventional cars because if they want to fabricate something to make their car actually work from a pro point of view, they now have to find some way to actually manufacture and market their parts unless some other pro or team running in the series has the same car and sells the part already. Also who says there would be a market for that part anyway on a uncommonly used car. So you make hundreds of these control arms with money out of your own pocket and guess what nobody buys them. The guys with big budget and sponsors who create the crazy cars won't bat an eye at that sort of money it would be considered "the price of admission" but the privateers trying to make their own parts to innovate and save a buck are going to be fucked unless they run S13/S14's. That in itself could end up making FD into a spec series of already proven cars with no one trying anything new. That would be sad.

Rules that try to penalize the rich and privileged and make them equal to the pack rarely work and usually work out in the rich and privileged favor in the long run. Same as government regulations.

I'd rather see cars that actually get used for drifting.

1.Sky
2.Soltice
3.Charger
4.Camaro
5.Challenger
7.GTR
8.Scion

Non of those car are actually being drifted by Privateers or amateurs but have all been used in FD. Does that help anybody?. Like Nascar there is no trickle down products or technology for those cars. Matt Powers slides his S14 for PBM he comes up with the Idea for rear subframe riser bushings. They make them.....we can buy them.

^splparts had subframe riser aluminum bushings out a year before PBM

Who says those cars won't be common in the future? Personally I would be very bored with the series if it was relegated down to only 4-5 models of car for the sole reason thats what people at the grassroots level drive. I mean when you have a budget like they have why not have a car that is different. If I had the budget to run a solstice or a Camero over a 240 I would. Plain and simple fact it is harder to get noticed driving the same car as everyone else. There is no reason to force teams to make shit to sell to us. If they don't want to then thats their deal. Teams are in the business of winning not selling their R&D for others to copy.

It still doesn't change the fact that the last 3 years in a row the championship has been won by 350z's and relatively moderately modified ones at that.

Last edited:
Thread title should properly be labeled to:

"Why does no one drift caballitos que dicen MOOOOO"

amirite

Back
Top Bottom