Who says KA's can't handle boost

On KA-T.org there is a guy making 407whp @15pounds of boost for racing, and 348whp@11pounds daily driven and that's on a stock bottomend gotta love that KA-T goodness. It's the same guy I bought my 370cc injectors from. WOW I have a new found respect for the KA-T now. :D And here is the best part, his setup is less then $5,000.

All your going to do is start an SR VRS. KA-T thread, sr drivers love sr's ka drivers love ka's...thats all I have to say..well besides GO KA"s!!!!

Last edited:
I am not trying to start anything I was just posting something I saw somewhere this is not a KA vs SR thread so please nobody start that SH!T. It's just cool that's all now if someone has a problem with my thread toooooo bad. Now to quote S13 slide, "GO KA's" :D :D :D :D :D :D LOL

how long has he been running those numbers??? what mods does he have? KAs can be reliable on boost, tuning is where it counts. look at 240sicknessx... his motor is completely stock besides injectors, z32 mafs, and superafc with over 100,000miles before going turbo. and he's running 12psi daily beating on the car harder than most people on this forum beat on theirs at the track, and thats just daily driving. and he has logged over 10,000miles on it.

its alllllllll about tuning

^^ Truuuue^^ Amen, see AlchemistXL is so wise. Yeah he is running an AEM standalone ecu and he tunned it himself as for how long a couple of months. He will be tunning my safc in a week or so. Mod's I think all he has is a ignition upgrade MSD.

most people dont tune right. that guy then went to the meet awhile go blew like 5 SOHC ka's well first ****y tuning, and no ****ing intercooler IDIOT.

u said its under 5g's?????damn with aem too....pretty cheap....idk how cuz aem alone is like 2500...... but w/e.....does he drift?

yeah he did all the fabbing himself and tuned his own aem ems. It's my friend angels car. When it comes to KA's he knows his shizzle. He helped build barneys car and his is stock bottom end and put down some big 500+ numbers i belive.

Yeah it's Angel, the ems run's for $1600 that's the price Speed Shop gave me. One thing I can say Angel can tune the hell out of a ECU. That's why i'm going to him instead of going to a shop, the guy knows his SH!T, and he is super cool to. As far as drifting his car I don't know I never asked him, but if he did you better beleive that would be a beast of a machine RAWRRRR.

look at my OSW pics... N/A single cam.. I beat on her all day at 6krpm and she still runs perfect even with 150k... I'm not getting into the whole KA-T or SR thing.. i'm just saying the KAs are really well built..

My sig is a joke lol....i know the longer it is the easier it is to break....there are ways to make long rods STRONG....ka rods can handle 350hp or more....There forged just like sr's, IMO the biggest problem with ka-t's are the pistons more then the rods....

Whatever all i know is KA is where its at...I clutch kick my **** at 5500 at OSW lol and its still running strong....thats whats up

What the rods? The rod's are fine the only problem is the piston's. It's a fact the bottomend on the KA is over built the pistons are the only problem. Yeah it is known that longer rod's break, but as of yet I haven't heard anyones rod's breaking on a KA-T but pistons have melted do to bad tunning and over boosting.

Forged rods + pistions for the KA run about $1000-1100 so if you spend $2000 for a rebuild and $3000 for a kick *** turbo kit you can make safely 400+hp.. we all know this.. And for the same price a SR can make the same power if not a lil bit more.. Both are great engines both make great power... that is, with enough money... Why did you have to open up this can of worms again ricky? you got a nomex suit? I think you're going to get flamed :( (so am I now... lol)

RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
What the rods? The rod's are fine the only problem is the piston's. It's a fact the bottomend on the KA is over built the pistons are the only problem. Yeah it is known that longer rod's break, but as of yet I haven't heard anyones rod's breaking on a KA-T but pistons have melted do to bad tunning and over boosting.

I guess you have not been on NICO? they lost like four KA-Ts in a months time last year to broken rods... (all were about 350HP and most likely it was poor tuning but still..)

Nah I already said this is not a KA vs SR thread this is just showing the durability a KA-T has if tuned by the right person. If a B!TCH want's to try and flame me bring it, but the fact is that there is no point in it, cause at the end of the day they are both good engine's. This thread is also good for people that don't know the potential a KA-T really has. Remember the Bigass argument there was about this topic? Most people said a KA-T can't handle boost realiably, well they where miss informed. Now if someone want's to bring some drama bring it B!TCHES, cause this thread is not about which is better but it can quickly turn in to that. SR or KA both are good engine's thats it, so people don't start no SH!T won't be no SH!T. :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Kenrik said:
Forged rods + pistions for the KA run about $1000-1100 so if you spend $2000 for a rebuild and $3000 for a kick *** turbo kit you can make safely 400+hp.. we all know this.. And for the same price a SR can make the same power if not a lil bit more.. Both are great engines both make great power... that is, with enough money... Why did you have to open up this can of worms again ricky? you got a nomex suit? I think you're going to get flamed :( (so am I now... lol)

I guess you have not been on NICO? they lost like four KA-Ts in a months time last year to broken rods... (all were about 350HP and most likely it was poor tuning but still..)
True, but as you said bad tunnig is key. :D

You guys are retarded sometimes. I'm not trying to state what the stock weakpoints are, I'm saying what the engine's weakness is from a design standpoint. And there have been plenty of KA's that shot a rod through the block. Open your minds guys, I promise there's more to the word than the inner lining of your large intestines. haha :D hosers

Back
Top Bottom