when was your first time....drifting?

Piner said:
I was the only one here with an S12, i am the only one here with a RA65 and i will be the only one here with a cressida in a short while

so i guess drifting is the only bandwagon im on

not the first with a cressida sorry

juan (xero240) has been working on a 1JZ cressida project for a longggg time now... he's not going to unveil it until it's fully done.. so far it's working with kei office coilovers, and a special TOM'S aero kit...its pretty... four d00r viP its got leather y0!

Last edited:
I thought this was about our first times not who created drifting.

Damn having something that someone else has is not a bandwagon.

A bandwagon is someone reading Super-Street and hearing about the latest thing and liking it just because someone else is doing, and getting tired of it just as quickly.

Enjoying the same tastes as someone else isn't being in a bandwagon.

You guys get ridiculous sometimes the only bandwagoners on here are the guys who say they don't want to own a certain car or buy a certain wheel because it's played out, it's only played out to you because you wanted the attention but got in on it way too late for anyone to notice for whatever reason.

Freestyle and and Punk rock are way beyond ithere time and I still listen to these types of music(because I enjoy it), motorsports of any sort are not new so why must it be a bandwagon. I for one have no problem with being judged about something if in the end it's what I wan't and choose.

Get over yourselves and realize you are not the only person who exists in this little world we are absorbing.

Piner said:
wearing clothes is a bandwagon im gonna be differnt and be a NUDIST!!
According to evryone here yeah your on the clothing bandwagon. **** pant's I'm getting a quilt you can call me FAT BASTARD!
APNipps1.gif

i think the people who have crashed their cars and either fixed their car or got a different chasis with their swapped drift stuff on it are into drifting. People who drive 400 miles to ocala from miami when the trip costs them around 450$ are into drifting. People who take the risk of sliding at hialeah speedway with those god for saken walls are into drifting. Not becuase its something they read in a magazine and seems fresh to show off to their buddies, but enjoy the sport for what it is. I think that dedication is greater then the fact that someone is getting into a growing sport at a particular time and being considerd a person who is just going though a phase, (bandwagon). When i got my licence at 18 it was the first time i was able to drive a car the way i wanted to, so becuase i was 18 and was interested in a sport that i didnt even purchase my car for origonally i should be scrutinzed as someone going though a phase? but if someone puts forth the time effort and give a **** to participate in events and get instruction from a driver with more experiance, that should not classify them as being the collective bandwagon.

leave the run on sentences, grammer, spelling and punctuation alone in this post.

on the other hand if you dont participate in events and no one ever sees you drift and you talk about drifting but make since only 30% of the time, consider your self a poser and going though a phase.

i'm down with the sickness for sure. good perspective man for sure. preach on brotha

yeah im on my 2nd car right now

the febuary 5th event my mother said if i went not to even bother comming home... i still went and still competeted it wasnt even a hard desicion

Now if i had anymoney right now i would be spending it all on drifting, but i dont have any money right now... acutally i have $0 at the moment be im still dreaming when i get some money i'll finnally be able to take the hellica out on the track and suck big time since i havent really driven it that much, But i dont care I wont be embarressed cause i'll be getting better

I think I could call myself a drifter. Am I really good? No. But thier is not a paycheck or any extra cash that I get that I dont use to buy parts and go to drifting events. I dont drive 600+ miles from NC to Florida just for kicks an giggles. A drifter is someone who drifts, and lives that certain drifting lifestyle that many of us live. For example, 99% of the time I look at a car and judge it on its ability to drift. I've broken up with girlfriends because I need more time to drift and needed to put more money into it. And people can vouch that I have done that. So am I a drifter? Damn right I am. Thier is not a day that goes by that I dont think about it. Thiers not a corner, intersection, or road I go by and not think about drifting it. I drift because I love it, its my lifestyle. And if anyone wants to call me a bandwagonner, fine, I really dont care. Im having a hell of lot of fun riding in this bandwagon, especcially since my bandwagon goes sideways.

ZenkiSX said:
I think I could call myself a drifter. Am I really good? No. But thier is not a paycheck or any extra cash that I get that I dont use to buy parts and go to drifting events. I dont drive 600+ miles from NC to Florida just for kicks an giggles. A drifter is someone who drifts, and lives that certain drifting lifestyle that many of us live. For example, 99% of the time I look at a car and judge it on its ability to drift. I've broken up with girlfriends because I need more time to drift and needed to put more money into it. And people can vouch that I have done that. So am I a drifter? Damn right I am. Thier is not a day that goes by that I dont think about it. Thiers not a corner, intersection, or road I go by and not think about drifting it. I drift because I love it, its my lifestyle. And if anyone wants to call me a bandwagonner, fine, I really dont care. Im having a hell of lot of fun riding in this bandwagon, especcially since my bandwagon goes sideways.

Yeah dude, you're absolutly right, and i've actually stated this before, we care for this sport, we practice, we think, drink, eat, sleep drifting. For me, anything other than a RWD sucks, and it sucks because you can't drift it. Drifting IS in fact a lifestyle, you dont "drift" you "live drifting". That's just it, doens't matter if you just started or if you're a D1 proffesional, is something that grows in you and you don't stop thinking about it......even if you suck.

ZenkiSX said:

yep this sums it up.

ive been bitten by the drift bug since that puny u-turn i spun the inside tire on.

my dad used to have a 94 crown victoria and i used to mess around with my friends and "slide" through every intersection n then my cuzin got a 240 he also used to "slide" around only his used to come out so much better

my uncle was sliding his Manta in the unpaved mountain roads in the philippines back when i visited in 98

i was 15 and took out my moms 01 cobra, id been doin it 4 a while but i was messin with this camaro chasin him around thru this commercial park in ft lauderdale, i say him doin it so i tried spun a few times, but i got it a little, small slides, 15 w/ little experience, and a car with over 400hp and 425lbs tq is a lil trick to control, i did it more and more, luckily my parents drove crazy in it so that kind covered up the tires bein slightly bald, to bad they sold it, i got caught racin it like a month after i turned 16

God said:
i was 15 and took out my moms 01 cobra, id been doin it 4 a while but i was messin with this camaro chasin him around thru this commercial park in ft lauderdale, i say him doin it so i tried spun a few times, but i got it a little, small slides, 15 w/ little experience, and a car with over 400hp and 425lbs tq is a lil trick to control, i did it more and more, luckily my parents drove crazy in it so that kind covered up the tires bein slightly bald, to bad they sold it, i got caught racin it like a month after i turned 16

is that the reason they sold it???? :confused:

people have been sliding their cars around in America for 50 years. My dad did it in his big *** mopar in the 60's. Drag racing started here and i'm sure that because of it, the burnout did too... and burning tires is part of drifting..... therefore the japanese jumped on the band wagon and we are re-jumping on the bandwagon that we started. The reason people are interested in drifting is because it is fun, exciting, and has a cool crowd thats into it. It *was* the same way with street racing. People however think that because something is popular that they should claim their roots. According to this thread, everyone and their mother was drifting when they were 13 years old. And i did it when i was 5 on my bike, i locked up the rear wheel and slid, so hahahaha i did it before you!

If you paid for a perfectly good running car and turned it into a dented up, mismatched, stripped out, spray painted piece of crap that gives you hemroids just by sitting in it for a few minutes... just so you could get it sideways with greater ease... then you might be a drifter.

the point that i saw when drifting went mainstream was when the d1 grand prix came to the u.s. and APC was sponcering a car.... but i wont let the haters rain on my parade, ill slide on the wet pavement and say "**** you"

Back
Top Bottom