when was your first time....drifting?

green_machine said:
If you paid for a perfectly good running car and turned it into a dented up, mismatched, stripped out, spray painted piece of crap that gives you hemroids just by sitting in it for a few minutes... just so you could get it sideways with greater ease... then you might be a drifter.

anybody who has seen my cars can attest to this

e30 gangsta said:
well no nissan badges. Nissan should start building there own chassi and motor and enter f1.

F1 & WRC are definitely motorsports requiring the most skill. It's not easy to control an MR at 200+mph, and I'm sure nobody can deny you need balls to drive in a snow rally at high speeds.

e30 gangsta said:
well no nissan badges. Nissan should start building there own chassi and motor and enter f1.

I don't know if Nissan has the resources like Toyota and Ferrari to build their own chassis and motor for F1. ;)

Last edited:
hey cant leave out mazda!!! oh wait thats not f1 im thinking about...woops!

haha well lemans?

Nelvis138 said:
Honda does it but then again Honda has way more resources than Nissan also.

Wrong. Honda builds the engine, BAR builds the chassis. Thats why it's called BAR Honda.

We're getting off-topic here. Um, so I slid a 240SX and hit a curb. Bye bye lip.

BLADDER_MASTER said:
Wrong. Honda builds the engine, BAR builds the chassis. Thats why it's called BAR Honda.

We're getting off-topic here. Um, so I slid a 240SX and hit a curb. Bye bye lip.

Sorry about that I forgot to put in the BAR part but then again like you said it's not funded by Honda so that defeats the purpose. Yeah noobs get on-topic I saw an S13 with a black hood it was JDM-tyte(Keep in mind it was painted black not Carbon just another guy faking the funk).

Nelvis138 said:
Sorry about that I forgot to put in the BAR part but then again like you said it's not funded by Honda so that defeats the purpose. Yeah noobs get on-topic I saw an S13 with a black hood it was JDM-tyte(Keep in mind it was painted black not Carbon just another guy faking the funk).

Well, just to bring you up to date, Honda bought a percentage of BAR. So now Honda is partly funding them.

Hahaha, some of you are retarded. If you were sliding and didn't know what you were doing, you weren't drifting, sorry. I used to ride around in a shifter cart my dad got me as a kid and my favorite thing to do was 'pop the clutch and burn rubber'. Was I a drifter? No, I was a devious kid that wanted to make noise. Did I drift? No, but I had fun. It's a long story as to how I learned about drifting, but to make it short, basically I got to drive a bunch of imported JDM cars and fell in love with the Evo IV. I went on a quest to find out everything I could about it and other cars like it. In my searches, I stumbled upon drifting. My first actual real drift attempt was when I got my WRX early in 01. I would take it to dirt courses here in WPB and slide it. AWD on dirt makes it kinda easy. When I first tried on the asphalt, I crashed into a curb and bent my control arm. I didn't attempt drifting on asphalt again until I got my 240. It was hard to learn b/c almost nobody knew what it was back then. Vic, myself, big John (turbo miata), and a couple others would sit around and talk about it and watch videos/read imported mags but then we actually started trying to do it. Vic caught on the quickest, but couldn't afford to keep his car running and I was always scared to really try anything...I'd always try to power over with a beat-*** KA and understeer bad. Not until the Falken Drift Showoff in Homestead did I actually learn and try.

As for the bandwagon talk; no, the inventor of the sport of drifting was not the only non-bandwagoner. If one actually knows what the definition of a bandwagon is, one would have to be a complete and total moron to think this way. One becomes a bandwagoner when he realizes that it’s the cool or smart thing to do. Sort of like becoming a fan of the winning team. Drag racers turned drifters. People who traded in their Civic Si’s and ‘Tegs’ for 240’s. Those are the bandwagoners. The original people that got involved did so because they were truly interested in the sport, not the attention it gets or because they saw a way to make more money. THEY were not bandwagoners. They were true fans. They are still involved in the sport today and they will always have an interest in it. When/If drifting becomes a thing of the past here in the USA, it will be easy to tell who was really interested and who jumped on the bandwagon.

And if you are a bandwagoner, you will likely defend yourself about it 24/7 because you want to be that cool guy that was involved years ago. But really, who cares? You’ve been doing it since you were in the womb? Fine by me as long as you actually try to drift now, show up to events, and/or help/practice; you’re cool in my book. It's all about support and participation. E-drifters piss me off though and that’s what you guys should be more concerned with. You all that talk the talk but don’t support your local drivers or events because you’re either not entering, helping, or showing up at all are ruining any chances of drifting surviving here in FL. Ironically you’ll also be the first people to ***** about it being gone when/if it is too…

/rant

Last edited:
He just got back in town from basic training a few days ago. Unfortunately he has to leave very shortly to go live in California where he is stationed.

m4nfred said:
rain, sohc, intersection......and i LOVE drifting, and live for it, to me, its not a technique to get around a corner quicker , its just too exciting, such a rush, 50 mph sideways with an arab in a purple s14 10 feet away from you sideays.....just...amazing.....

yea ill admit drifting right at 50 MPH with an ecuadorian 10 feet away from u is exciting
and my car is not purple its ****ing burgendy

FMDT KICKS ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom