The King of Countyline Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah cuz from what I understand your taking the best scoring run of the first quilifier an the best scoring run of the 2nd to make 1 number. So If a person doesnt make the first rd. Or doesn't make the 2nd. Both scores from the rd they did attend should be put together for the score to eneter the competition.
Correct. It will also determine your place in the Top 32 bracket.

Well you would have to enter the 2nd qualifier event and score enough points to make it too the 3rd event which is tandem competition. You shouldn't have a problem getting enough points tho so i wouldn't worry about missing the first event.

sweet. thanks bud!:bigthumbu

So if a driver qualifies in the top 32..... And "increases their safety equipment" but say its adding a cage, if they cannot get a cage installed in 49 days (from second event to final, assuming its announced day of) then they would fail tech and sacrifice their position to a driver who qualified lower but had more safety equipment?

Where are you guys seeing anything about a cage? Only thing it says about increasing safety is "the top 32 drivers will be required to increase their safety equipment such as installing fire extinguishers within drivers reach".

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I dont even think there are 32 people down here that have cages, I dont see why you would need one tho, you make it to top 32 you have proven that your a good enough driver that they wouldnt have to worry about you tandeming even if you dont have a cage. Like Tandemonium, if Tim approves you, you should be able to drive without one. I would hope...

will there be any more big track events where everyone can practice slide the whole day without competition or forced tandem?

will there be any more big track events where everyone can practice slide the whole day without competition or forced tandem?

We will have open practice before judging and only two runs will be judged

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Where are you guys seeing anything about a cage? Only thing it says about increasing safety is "the top 32 drivers will be required to increase their safety equipment such as installing fire extinguishers within drivers reach".

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I dont even think there are 32 people down here that have cages, I dont see why you would need one tho, you make it to top 32 you have proven that your a good enough driver that they wouldnt have to worry about you tandeming even if you dont have a cage. Like Tandemonium, if Tim approves you, you should be able to drive without one. I would hope...
You should try to get a cage.

and how about after judging?

and pretty much if i can only make the 2nd event, it will just be like a regular big track day if you dont plan on entering the 3rd event?

First bitching about helmets now cages. If any of you buttholes are serious about drifting Or any other form of competative motorsports you should worry about YOUR safety before jdm tyte steering wheels, rims, balls, wangs, etc. especially those of you who have been around for awhile.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Holy shit Tim I didn't know doing a small "series of events" would be this difficult to comprehend.

Why can one not simply follow instructions , regulations ,And rules . If they announce you need a specific helmet and it has to be the color yellow then go and buy one if not you are not driving . I have to get a cage for my car to be able to slide and it's killing me. From when I started, Tim had always , ALWAYS , said to tandem at big track you need a cage . Maybe he let someone pass here and there but No matter how good you are ( or how good uou THINK you are)and how slow your going , if your car flips you are protected with a cage .

I have seen people go to skid pad ( this 30mph track) with full race suits on . Not because Tim asked them to but because they want to be protected when shit goes down . And these people are good drivers that can easily menover out of situations to avoid a crash

and how about after judging?

and pretty much if i can only make the 2nd event, it will just be like a regular big track day if you dont plan on entering the 3rd event?
if you decide to sit out of the competition then you gonna lose two runs

If most of the guys competing in this daily their drift cars, why would they want to get a cage? Daily driving with a roll cage is horribly dangerous.

Just asking for the reason that there isn't much cars down here with roll cages to compete in a top 32, much less 90% of the cars at the skidpads are daily drifters.

Not trying to cause anything, just curious.

I have seen people go to skid pad ( this 30mph track) with full race suits on . Not because Tim asked them to but because they want to be protected when shit goes down . And these people are good drivers that can easily menover out of situations to avoid a crash[/QUOTE]

not tryin to start shit but ive also seen at skid pad and big track several ppl slide without helmets when it is required to have one.

if you decide to sit out of the competition then you gonna lose two runs

cool, so besides the 3rd event and those 2 judging runs, the first 2 events are basically another big track day?

I think the competition is cool, and it will be fun to watch some close (and fail) tandems, but i also think open practice days for those who dont care about the competition or dont want to tandem would be cool

First bitching about helmets now cages. If any of you buttholes are serious about drifting Or any other form of competative motorsports you should worry about YOUR safety before jdm tyte steering wheels, rims, balls, wangs, etc. especially those of you who have been around for awhile.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Holy shit Tim I didn't know doing a small "series of events" would be this difficult to comprehend.

Uhhhh really? Im pretty sure noone was aware these rules were going to occur. 4 weeks before the event its announced we need to buy a helmet. But ok no prob, its not impossible to do, so some of us can prob still make it. But get a cage done aswell? Yea, thats a little hard to accomplish in such short notice dont you think? And again, I dont see anywhere in the tech that says anything about a cage, except for verts...

Yes, those of us that do not have a cage should invest in one, not disputing that... But can someone answer the question straight up? IS CAGE REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT? IS A NEW HELMET AND A FIRE EXTINGUISHER GOOD ENOUGH IF WE ADVANCE TO TOP 32???

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

You should try to get a cage.

Yea Im saving up for one. Hopefully by the end of the year/beginning of next year I should have enough to get one done up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom