The King of Countyline Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a older DOT helmet any more dangerous than a '05 Snell helmet or newer? :confused: All of these "safety" comments are just stupid... A pillar or cage bar isnt going to bust thru an older DOT helmet, incase you dont understand psysics.

the thing people are not understanding is that it's the REQUIREMENT. you are REQUIRED to have it if you want to participate at the events. The requirement is a 05' or newer SNELL helmet, not an older one... in case you don't understand how rules and regulations work. and if it wasnt any more dangerous, why would they put a date on it? let me guess, its just a conspiracy to make you spend more money.

Last edited:
the thing people are not understanding is that it's the REQUIREMENT. you are REQUIRED to have it if you want to participate at the events. The requirement is a 05' or newer SNELL helmet, not an older one... in case you don't understand how rules and regulations work. and if it wasnt any more dangerous, why would they put a date on it? let me guess, its just a conspiracy to make you spend more money.

Ok... The thing you must not understand is we werent talking about requirements, we were talking about safety, so I dont know why you feel the need to change the subject. But, to answer your question, yes obviously a newer helmet meets newer standards and is 'more safe' than the older ones, but that is not to say that older ones are not safe. You telling me a DOT helmet from 2000 will not save your head from your pillar?

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

All of this is going to get deleted anyway... But I dont have a problem with following track rules and guidelines. Yes, new helmets are now required to drive big track... Yes we must go out a buy a new one... The thing that is pissing me off is everyone talking about safety issues. This is not one of them. Older helmets are not unsafe and that is not the reason why new helmets are required...

Ok... The thing you must not understand is we werent talking about requirements, we were talking about safety, so I dont know why you feel the need to change the subject. But, to answer your question, yes obviously a newer helmet meets newer standards and is 'more safe' than the older ones, but that is not to say that older ones are not safe. You telling me a DOT helmet from 2000 will not save your head from your pillar?

The SAFETY requirement for the events now are saying you NEED a 05' or newer. And to answer your question about a 2000 helmet Savin your head, it might or it might not, you see, plastic ages over the years and weakens in case you didnt know that. :bigthumbu

The SAFETY requirement for the events now are saying you NEED a 05' or newer. And to answer your question about a 2000 helmet Savin your head, it might or it might not, you see, plastic ages over the years and weakens in case you didnt know that. :bigthumbu

Safety is not the reason for the new requirement... And yes I know plastic weakens over a few years. I wouldnt go ride a motorcycle with a old ass helmet knowing I might fall off at 60+ mph. But that cannot be compared to driving inside of a car at going 30-40 mph in a closed course. Because if you have your seatbelt/harness on plus a helmet, your not hitting your head on anything hard enough to break that helmet, be it pillar, cage bar, or roof of car. Why havent other tracks followed thru with this if its suck a big safety issue?

Safety is not the reason for the new requirement... And yes I know plastic weakens over a few years. I wouldnt go ride a motorcycle with a old ass helmet knowing I might fall off at 60+ mph. But that cannot be compared to driving inside of a car at going 30-40 mph in a closed course. Because if you have your seatbelt/harness on plus a helmet, your not hitting your head on anything hard enough to break that helmet, be it pillar, cage bar, or roof of car. Why havent other tracks followed thru with this if its suck a big safety issue?

What other tracks are you talking about? Cfrc is not a track it's a demolition derby and they don't have any rules so don't use them as an example

What other tracks are you talking about? Cfrc is not a track it's a demolition derby and they don't have any rules so don't use them as an example

Im not sure if I want to say or not. I dont want that track to be effected by this and I would like the rules and regulations at that track to stay the same, not be changed because of this as an influence.

omg

After last nights skid pad we had very little issues. 2 cars failed and were unable to slide last night. Helmets weren't an issue only one guy showed up with a bmx helmet.
The 2 cars that did fail. One had wheel bearing issues and the other was missing a lug, seat wasn't bolted down and no bait tie down.
No one was crying about tech and we even helped them tie batts down as well as other tech issues.

I'm hoping other venues will start doing the same. If you dont like it tough. Either deal with it or don't come.

And the vibe was no different then it always is. Some one picked up a new helmet locally for $100 that is not to much to ask. Honestly the helmets that failed should be thrown away cause they were in horrible condition.

Last night went awesome and the drivers will be prepared for king of countyline.
I would rather fail some cars @ the skid pad than have them show up at king of countyline and fail tech then its to late to fix.

Good idea. Go driftrace there until you can get a new helmet approved for these events :driving:

:bigthumbu

After last nights skid pad we had very little issues. 2 cars failed and were unable to slide last night. Helmets weren't an issue only one guy showed up with a bmx helmet.
The 2 cars that did fail. One had wheel bearing issues and the other was missing a lug, seat wasn't bolted down and no bait tie down.
No one was crying about tech and we even helped them tie batts down as well as other tech issues.

I'm hoping other venues will start doing the same. If you dont like it tough. Either deal with it or don't come.

And the vibe was no different then it always is. Some one picked up a new helmet locally for $100 that is not to much to ask. Honestly the helmets that failed should be thrown away cause they were in horrible condition.

Last night went awesome and the drivers will be prepared for king of countyline.
I would rather fail some cars @ the skid pad than have them show up at king of countyline and fail tech then its to late to fix.

Glad everything went smooth, sounds like a good night.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Oh, and one last thing...

It was said the helmet rule is for big track only. It would give people an incentive to buy a new helmet if there were more than 2-3 big track events a year. Just a thought...

It was said the helmet rule is for big track only. It would give people an incentive to buy a new helmet if there were more than 2-3 big track events a year. Just a thought...

We have had 2 big track events so far and there are 3 more events this year. So let's do the math 2+3 = 5 feel free to check my math.

Well that one time where it was supposed to be a skidpad and turned out to be a bigtrack shouldnt count lol. But yes, this year has had more events than last year. Lets keep that going and get more next year too!

For all the people complaining about a 200 or less helmet your a bloody fool. I can't speak for everyone else in pro-am but I have atleast 3500$ in safety equipment so I really don't want to hear you girls whining.

TIM
My biggest complaint is the scheduling its so spread out it makes it difficult for some of us who need to tear down there cars and rebuild in the off season. But I will still try to attend these three events. Besides this its sounds like a blast.

TIM
My biggest complaint is the scheduling its so spread out it makes it difficult for some of us who need to tear down there cars and rebuild in the off season. But I will still try to attend these three events. Besides this its sounds like a blast.

I knew this, but what I'm trying to do with the King of countyline is to breed little Bill Fishers lol. Its more of a comp for the locals guys to start stepping it up so to say. I'm not really focusing on the pro-am guys so much as those that need to be pushed out of the nest so to say. We have about 40 drivers that you probably never seen before. It has been crazy the amount of new drivers we have.

saw this shirt this morning lauged out loud

$(KGrHqMOKikE6e!I1YD!BPSTqY4V!w~~60_3.JPG

what if my car wont be ready for the first event, can i still sign up for the next two?

Well you would have to enter the 2nd qualifier event and score enough points to make it too the 3rd event which is tandem competition. You shouldn't have a problem getting enough points tho so i wouldn't worry about missing the first event.

Well you would have to enter the 2nd qualifier event and score enough points to make it too the 3rd event which is tandem competition. You shouldn't have a problem getting enough points tho so i wouldn't worry about missing the first event.

Yeah cuz from what I understand your taking the best scoring run of the first quilifier an the best scoring run of the 2nd to make 1 number. So If a person doesnt make the first rd. Or doesn't make the 2nd. Both scores from the rd they did attend should be put together for the score to eneter the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom