The King of Countyline Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Must have OEM style battery tie downs with insulated terminal ( electrical tape)
If battery has been relocated, it must be in a battery box and secured."

Does this mean if it is relocated, it doesnt need OEM style tie downs as long as the battery and box arent flying around?

Also
"Helmet must be snell 2005 or newer"

gay, mine has an 04 sticker :mad:

?

My box is bolted down pretty well, its not going anywhere. The battery itself isnt tied down to the car (its in the back behind the rear strut tower), but the battery fits relatively snug in the box and there is a lid and strap for the box... would this be alright? its an optima so its not a wet cell

And yeah i think the helmet thing is kinda BS, its a nice helmet but the sticker says 04... is this really not able to pass tech for a 50mph course? its not like im trying to use a skateboard helmet...

Anthony its the same rules in autox find a KBC or something similar on eBay for $50-$250 bro. Make sure they are up to date and you're good to go

Tim I know you said the helmets have to be 05 and up but will a snell DOT sticker pass?
I just wanna be sure cuz that's the only thing I think might not pass tech with...

?

And yeah i think the helmet thing is kinda BS, its a nice helmet but the sticker says 04... is this really not able to pass tech for a 50mph course? its not like im trying to use a skateboard helmet...

Just forge the sticker and don't bring this up again.

or offer me $120 for my sa2005 that has recieved my glorious sweat on many runs. Its padding is a little flatter, but its legal and cheaper than a new $300++ one!

Have dates for this been posted?

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Nm I just saw the schedule.

why is there an event for the "king of countyline?"
I AM the king of countyline...

Mother fuckers tryin to over throw me and shit. I see how it is TIM.

helmets...

I have a 2010 if someone wants to use it. But heard that if you wear Jason g's helmets he will talk to you like old Ben kenobi talked to Luke. "let go of your feeling....use the force!"

tech is pretty relaxed everywhere in florida. but i have never even had someone check my car at county line not that i wouldnt of passed just saying though havent driven there in a couple years. i am glad you guys are going to be a little stricter maybe this will help reduce the number of garbage drift cars around.
i doubt i will be driving so i have a helmet someone can use

But heard that if you wear Jason g's helmets he will talk to you like old Ben kenobi talked to Luke. "let go of your feeling....use the force!"

Anything off jasons car does that. The tenzo's I got from him steered the car themselves. I think my only issue is going to be a helmet. Only have a DOT I believe. Gotta double-check it.

Guys this is NOTHING compared to other sanctioning organizations like the SCCA. It's so fundamental and basic that most of us coming from the road racing world are astounded that this isn't already common practice. Try a HANS device every 5 years, etc... and if you don't pass tech or the rules for your class there it's tough luck.

Just pick your battles, nothing Tim is requiring is absurd or in anyway out of the ordinary for a motorsports event.

damn i guess i need a new helmet -.- fml lol

same... kinda retarded

and still wondering about this
My box is bolted down pretty well, its not going anywhere. The battery itself isnt tied down to the car (its in the back behind the rear strut tower), but the battery fits relatively snug in the box and there is a lid and strap for the box... would this be alright? its an optima so its not a wet cell

I just don't get why people always have to complain about rules. If you don't like the rules for our tech at our events then don't bother coming. It's that simple. We have enough stuff to deal with other you crying about things we do to keep everyone safe.

not complaining, just trying to get a question answered to know where my car/helmet will stand as far as passing tech (which tim answered)

I just don't get why people always have to complain about rules. If you don't like the rules for our tech at our events then don't bother coming. It's that simple. We have enough stuff to deal with other you crying about things we do to keep everyone safe.

+1

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom