Ter-Tech NOPI Qualifier Feedback Thread

It seemed like a very fun event:bigthumbu. The kart track was missing the 86s jumping off corners and dirt dropping lol. The only thing was the lights on the road course seemed to be shinning at the drivers faces instead of away and that created blind spots. Most notable seemed to be the dark spot on the straight going into the last corner. It looked like people were going into it blind and waiting for the corner to appear.

PS Just curious where were the judges sitting?

i thought the event was OK, my car was running like shit, so i wasn't feeling it all day, the layout was very tough, drifting on USED tires didn't help at all, you need to drift on brand new tires to run that line, after the manji, ur going soooo fast, u need the traction to slow down. I blew up my aero, lol what else is new right? but overall it was fun. a little inside news, i placed third, the way they were doing the judging was by checks, i believe ryan got a Check plus, estie got a check, and i got a check minus, but they gave out only two liscenses. Bummer right? But like i said, it was fun just being out there with everyone. Id like to thanks Harri as always for throwing these events, if it wasn't for him, a lot of us wouldn't be here. Congrats to ryan and estie, they killed it out there. Most of all, ALL my thanks goes to JG AUTOWORKS, if it wasn't for them, i wouldn't of been there last night. They were up till 3am helping me with my tranny, thank you jorge and nick, you guys are the Bomb diggity!!!

event was super fun. damn drag racers!!! congrats to Ryan on the license. i seem to have lost my bumpers also. oops.

thanks for an awesome event/birthday. couldn't ask for more.S.M.D.G. in NOPI for 08. whoooooo!!!

Had a blast last night, lots of drifting going on, lots of aero flying around! Congrats to Ryan and Estie on their licensing! Can't wait ti'll next time!

I personally enjoyed it. Not Moroso's most fun layout, but I had a blast. Very challenging.

After I realized what had to be done to even attempt the straightaway with my gearing/turbo, I decided to pass on everything altogether and just run for the hell of it. I got some awsome runs at the very end, and overall a fun night.

I wanted to have a car properly capable of doing the track layout without me having to go suicidal. But after so many recent incidents, I folded and decided to not risk it all.

But there will always be another day :) The most I can brag about is having only one off-road excursion and zero spins. :)

Props to Estie and Ryan for their provisionals. It won't take long before they are full licenses.

yo

Big thanks to Harri :applause: for keeping it together, i could only imagine what they were going through. No one seemed to know what was going on in the begining. And I got the whole no run group hint, but at County line a 30 car line is just way to long and and we cant hot lap, just no room. I was having a blast in REDs orange 240 then I went and felt like a amateur when i took out the RX8, she just didnt wanna slide and i didnt wanna be frustrated all night. So i just parked it and split the rest of the night with red. Go kart track was a blast would have been cool if they added the last two turns.
LOL its was great watching the track guy grab his head and wave his arms in the air everytime someone went off the track :eek:

Thanks to ter-tech it would be great to see you guys out at countyline next time. Hopefully you can make it.

Last edited:
even though i didn't drive, the event was great. Everyone did really well and i cant wait until they have the next one because im making sure i drive!!

Harri, thanks again for the event keep 'em coming!

and to be like everyone else...congrats to Estie and Ryan.

^i like it all but im done for events for a while. I threw a rod so my motor is toast. LOL I loved the setup of the kart track i really had to concentrate on throttle control to keep from spinning. All in all it was a great end to my supra. LMAO

^i like it all but im done for events for a while. I threw a rod so my motor is toast. LOL I loved the setup of the kart track i really had to concentrate on throttle control to keep from spinning. All in all it was a great end to my supra. LMAO

2j swap time

i think i'm gonna try to cram this buick 350 into my car. I gotta get a drive shaft a manual tranny and motor mounts and im good to go. 2j is way to much money right now. I'm glad my car made it back to lake worth last night. It sounded so nasty. I lost oil pressure on my last run spun a bearing then broke a rod. I only did 13 runs but my last two i was happy with. It took alot for me to not spin in the last two runs. I loved spinning then doin a epic burn out. LMAO

i was doing 45-55 into the first turn which was a bad idea until they moved the line forward then i could only get to 20-30. I enjoyed the hell out of it the switch backs were on hell of a challenge. Jimbo was killin it in the mustang last night.

the mustangs was all power over on the turns thats all. and the skidpad turns looked a little too tight. like for me tight turns wont help you alot on the road course.

Congrats to my homeboi Ryan AKA Tic Tac from Team Aero-K for getting his provisional....you well deserve it brother....keep up the good work. Estie, you too boss man, kick ass at Nopi, congrats, and a happy Mofo B-day!!!

I had a blast sharing my car with Kawabata san....learned alot from him and had a blast on the Kart track...but my alignment was so fucked up that even Kawabata san said to get off the road course....the car was going straight into understeer at high speeds....I flew off the track with straight under and so did him when he took it for a test....But Can't wait to go to Japan land and visit Driving sports....then hop in the S14 and go to Bihoku for some japanese tandem fun and I am going to try to qualify for a MSC or Jcup liscense

Harri you are the man
JG Autoworks gets our respect to the fullest with their amazing work
Revvwear.com for providing the shirts
Driving Sports Japan for being with us and enjoying the night and sharing the S13
R.Y.O Japan for providing me with amazing coilover setup!!!

Thanks again to everyone that bought a shirt.....look forward in making some new designs for everybody to enjoy!!!

Raffi
Team Aero-K

MAAAN i was so concentrated on what i was going to do THAT I DIDNT GET TO SEE ANYONE'S RUNS!!! i missed all the good shit and ontop i drove like shit lol....

where are those videos?!

Thanks for the event, i enjoyed it. the track could've been better but i guess that separated the big cojones from the rest of us. Kart track gets my full applauses!

Back
Top Bottom