Possible event in Moroso

Status
Not open for further replies.
drez said:
if you need help or a driver im down..... i dont have any high speed vids of me but big mike has seen me in person..... but i am also down to elp out though.....
i can vouche for this guy... def. got skill :rockon:

i'm part of a toyota tech training program (t-ten) and an instructo's assistant as well. i would like to see this event happen since i'll be able to take my classmates to this event. i have another class full of students, about 20 or so , that whould also like to see this happen. please let me know if this is still going on. i'm sure all the kids would help out in setting up as well.

MonkiMajyk said:
i'm part of a toyota tech training program (t-ten) and an instructo's assistant as well. i would like to see this event happen since i'll be able to take my classmates to this event. i have another class full of students, about 20 or so , that whould also like to see this happen. please let me know if this is still going on. i'm sure all the kids would help out in setting up as well.

I can use a team of Toyota mechanics on my ae86 :D .

Last edited:
i think is would be funking awsome to have a drift event at moroso jsut let ppl know when its gonna happen i know ill be there if it does

Ok we are finally meeting the people in moroso again been there couple of times. but there wont be any testing so I don't know what Sean is talking about. Anyways the price will either be fairly high for the drivers or we punish the spectators. like 15 to spectate I dont know how well that will go with them but we might have to try if we want to have a event on the road coarse. Remains to be seen I'll post the details propably early next week once everything is set in pricewice.

ter-tech said:
Ok we are finally meeting the people in moroso again been there couple of times. but there wont be any testing so I don't know what Sean is talking about. Anyways the price will either be fairly high for the drivers or we punish the spectators. like 15 to spectate I dont know how well that will go with them but we might have to try if we want to have a event on the road coarse. Remains to be seen I'll post the details propably early next week once everything is set in pricewice.

if its any cheaper, dont let spectators attend. Get like 1 pit crew pass per driver, and media passes for coverage. Its an idea, I wouldnt mind it if it makes or breaks an event happening.

lol I honestly think you should charge the spectators more than what you charge the drivers.. that way they'll have to come up with new excuses why they arent driving :bigthumbu

I agree with Rick, but any event is an event. As long as the price isnt abusive, I'm down.

LMFAO @ Dan's comment! :laugh:

Last edited:
Or just allow more cars...its a road course so its huge - we probably wouldn't be using both straights. Maybe even make two tracks at either end of the course (almost like 2 events at once) unless you can get the slalom course too.

Last edited:
dori dori said:
Or just allow more cars...its a road course so its huge - we probably wouldn't be using both staights. Maybe even make two tracks at either end of the course (almost like 2 events at once) unless you can get the slalom course too.

^^Agree.... That would definately give everyone a nice amount of seat time. Thats the smartest thing ive heard come out of dori... :bigthumbu

+1 Double setups at end of course!! :D

240SicknessX said:
word.

Would there be a problem staffing 2 seperate layouts?

I was thinking about that but since cones wouldn't be an issues we'd really only need a couple guys on each side. Another problem would be getting the cars back to the grid - assuming the course is safe both ways, the drivers could just drift the course running the opposite direction (so one driver's turn would actually = two).

I guess no one actually read my earlier posts about how to run this event.

I'm thinking like an 80 car event. If we rent the whole roadcourse we might as well make use of it.

That was like a month ago and I forgot (im guessing everyone else did as well).

SEAN CAME UP WITH THE IDEA FIRST haha.

only one problem max amount of drivers allowed in a club event is 40. and the insurance required is 3mil we only have 1mil so trying to get the numbers for the bigger insurance so we can find out how much that will cost us, Track is $4600 + EMT $1100 + security $250 + ticket booth $120 + insurance ???? so total cost is still unknown. Almost there

And I guess I should add that the only open dates are April 7th and May 19th so its not gonna happen next weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom