Possible event in Moroso

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can definitely be run as one large sweeper. In an underpowered car it's just gonna be throttle flat to the floor, low angle, fast entry.

We would give plenty of room to get into top of third for the entry, the problem I see is that you have to track-out wide to the edge of the pavement to set yourself up for the second apex.

About 40ft from the edge of the track in that spot; is nice swampy alligator world.

So if someone comes in way too hot and goes off there, or just over-corrects and shoots straight off, they might end up in some unhappy alligators home......not good.

We will see once we go out and test the course.....

Things can also be flexible during the event, but right now I would be leaning toward cones to make it a 3turn complex.

BTW I am not the final say on anything. It's gonna come down to what all of us at the test decide, including what Moroso deems safe.

-Sean

Definetly have a drift event here so i can get some practice in legally w/out having to drive to orlando or something. I dont care how much money it is i'll do it.

Awesome thing is, I am going in like 5 hours to Moroso for the NHRA Sport Compact event, I am gonna be checking out the turns he is freethinker is talking about. If anyone is going, and sees someone walking sideways behind the tower area, that is me simulating the feeling of drifting there. I am so lame. -_-

Too bad it rained out today. Did anyone see Brad Personett (Titan Motorsports Scion tC) scrape the wall? As for the drift course, it looks doable, as long as you have adequate power and speed.

Last edited:
jdm ae86t said:
Too bad it rained out today. Did anyone see Brad Personett (Titan Motorsports Scion tC) scrape the wall? As for the drift course, it looks doable, as long as you have adequate power and speed.

Any nasty drop offs as mentions somewhere up above? Any type of walls etc?

slidewayz240sx said:
Any nasty drop offs as mentions somewhere up above? Any type of walls etc?

The drop offs are minimal in the section freethinker is thinking of. Thing is, the rumble strip is pretty high. If your car is exessively low, and you start running off the track, you most likely scrape the bottom of the car and the exhaust. That or if you hit the apex a little early. lol. But it shouldn't be so bad. Im not the expert drifter here, I am just saying what makes sense to me. So maybe someone with more experience will see it, and it wont look bad to him at all.

jdm ae86t said:
As for the drift course, it looks doable, as long as you have adequate power and speed.

i guess i have the speed thing fine but the power come on if i get my FC running ....i will have a cone filter. and there is plenty of people with no power cars. i like the technical stuff like kart tracks.

Yea the curbs are pretty big there, I definitely wouldnt recommend a dirt drop, but if it happens, youre not going to destroy your car or flip it.

As for walls, there is a concrete wall on BOTH sides of the straightaway which would be used for accel/entry. Screw up a manji entry and you could end up plastering the wall.

As far as the power thing, like I said we would give plenty of acceleration room for the low power guys. Power is really secondary to drifting though. Yes it is necessary to be competitive at the top, but it's a convenience in most situations. To really be drifting you need to be moving fast enough that the car would already be losing grip. Otherwise you're just powersliding.

Yo i just came back from moroso, and i checked out that track, BOY!!! i hope this goes through cuz im in for sure!!!

freethinker said:
As far as the power thing, like I said we would give plenty of acceleration room for the low power guys. Power is really secondary to drifting though. Yes it is necessary to be competitive at the top, but it's a convenience in most situations. To really be drifting you need to be moving fast enough that the car would already be losing grip. Otherwise you're just powersliding.

have you ever drifting a N/a FC on an oval third gear is not an option.

The best thing about the course is that it's wide. So if you don't want to do one long drift, and do an Irwindale style switchback, you got the space.

yeah i was there at the morosso today with my g/f and my nephew (nolsdneeded) for the car show competition and the show was real good and the 1/4 racves were bad asses......we were there til the last race and that last race with the red solara ran right into the wall............almost made me cry for a beautiful machine that ranned 7's all day and on the last race running into the wall like that.......But yeah about the kart track....it looks bad ass the only thing is that those turns are pretty tight and takes a different technique than what we usually do with the ovals...........Can't wait to practice on that course!!!!! When is the date so that i can register all ready! lol :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Last edited:
alemus3 said:
yeah i was there at the morosso today with my g/f and my nephew (nolsdneeded) for the car show competition and the show was real good and the 1/4 racves were bad asses......we were there til the last race and that last race with the red solara ran right into the wall............almost made me cry for a beautiful machine that ranned 7's all day and on the last race running into the wall like that.......But yeah about the kart track....it looks bad ass the only thing is that those turns are pretty tight and takes a different technique than what we usually do with the ovals...........Can't wait to practice on that course!!!!! When is the date so that i can register all ready! lol :bigthumbu :bigthumbu

I was the one that was there with Abraham. They aren't going to let us use the kart track. ::sigh:: The Solara crashed? They ran after it stopped raining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom