PBIR Drift event Sept 24th

i have a radar gun. needs 2 C batteries though. Theyz dead.

im interested to see how the handbrake works for me for a long duration hold. i wanna try higher speed with a later enter to not flat spot the shit out of my tires real quick.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Enter later, more angle, lots of foot brake. Last time the track got soo grippy I was slowing down too much before the turn, losing angle, and the handbrake was having a hard time keeping the wheels locked.

If our trailer works out, Jamie and I will bring down our cars.
My one point of concern is entry speeds. I hear u guys saying 100mph entry speeds... what is the avg entry speed? I personally doubt my 100 mph entry abilities due to gearing issues. I could do 60-70ish without a problem...but actually entering at 100, I don't think I could shift from 5th-3rd...and I don't like the torque curve in 4th...
Any advice/ideas?

My one point of concern is entry speeds. I hear u guys saying 100mph entry speeds... what is the avg entry speed? I personally doubt my 100 mph entry abilities due to gearing issues. I could do 60-70ish without a problem...but actually entering at 100, I don't think I could shift from 5th-3rd...and I don't like the torque curve in 4th...
Any advice/ideas?

It's not a very fast turn, so you can cruise into it as slow as you want. In my car it's like middle of 3rd in the turn. Where we are probably gonna be starting, you would need quite a bit of power to hit 100. At FDC I qual'd with like 93mph or something, and that was me gettin it in my car, and I think Zoltan almost hit 100 because he was 519'ing it.

Any advice/ideas?

It's not a very fast turn, so you can cruise into it as slow as you want. In my car it's like middle of 3rd in the turn. Where we are probably gonna be starting, you would need quite a bit of power to hit 100. At FDC I qual'd with like 93mph or something, and that was me gettin it in my car, and I think Zoltan almost hit 100 because he was 519'ing it.

zoltan hit 98mph^^
I think bladda said i hit 90 once haha.

yea if there is a 'starting point' then its whatever we get to. The time we did 100mph was where we cruised the whole track and had a 2000ft straitaway we could choose to accelerate whenever. at 100mph you can start at 300ft marker and make the turn. I want to try to start at like... 225/250ish though but even that requires 85-90.

really though, its not like you are entering at 100 on throttle, so even with gearing like you are saying you would enter, handbrake handbrake handbrake... shift and hammer down. there is a point right there where you should be able to glide for a second or so at angle so you can shift. just having the momentum keeping you going a second. gotta have teh car set in the slide already of course.

the turn is totally a 3rd gear turn, you'd be best to enter at top of 3rd and grab handbrake, then back on throttle when you feel its right. then if you want more speed... use 4th into it and have the trick of downshifting during the turn. its not as crazy as your thinking though.

Last edited:

werd. thanks alot dude.

zoltan hit 98mph^^

yea if there is a 'starting point' then its whatever we get to. The time we did 100mph was where we cruised the whole track and had a 2000ft straitaway we could choose to accelerate whenever. at 100mph you can start at 300ft marker and make the turn. I want to try to start at like... 225/250ish though but even that requires 85-90.

really though, its not like you are entering at 100 on throttle, so even with gearing like you are saying you would enter, handbrake handbrake handbrake... shift and hammer down. there is a point right there where you should be able to glide for a second or so at angle so you can shift. just having the momentum keeping you going a second. gotta have teh car set in the slide already of course.

the turn is totally a 3rd gear turn, you'd be best to enter at top of 3rd and grab handbrake, then back on throttle when you feel its right. then if you want more speed... use 4th into it and have the trick of downshifting during the turn. its not as crazy as your thinking though.

thanks man, I was sort of trippin for a minute there.
Looking fwd to trying new things in this car...I haven't really done anything too high speed in this car yet, so it shall be interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

average is probably around 65 but there's a long stretch to the turn so go really fast and pull the brake and wait

Is that all there is to it?
lol
thx, u gonna be out there on Friday?

zoltan hit 98mph^^

Yeah I figured we'd probably be turning around at the cut-out in the wall like at FDC and start from there.

yea i think youre right.

hey pat, at 103 or whatever, did you have to goto 4th? I dunno speeds of this gearing yet.

I'm sure he did, I've noticed that 3rd is way shorter in my v8 car than in the rotary car just because of rpm range.

being they both are non moving violation. i granny shift and drive just fine on the road.... i just dont get how people can make comments on shit they dont know about... you always got something negative to say towards me and my comments. being i say nothing but nice things about you i think it needs to stop.. thanks you mr becker.

Your right Kevin, I didn't know all the facts and for that I'm sorry! But when do I talk negative about you or to your comments?

Btw hope I make it out with Minus Whale for some media action!

figured^^ everytime ive been to highspeed shit happens and i cant even learn.... rod knock, axles, gang raped by midget clowns... you know, that kinda thing

holy shit.....My car is ready to rock.

Just finished my hydro e-brake. all thats left is mount some tires!

I see..... Everybody are psyched about this event! Me too! Count me in for 100+mph entry. I'll probably entering that shit at 5th gear cus of my gearing. Definately a lot of e-braking!!! This event its gonna remind of Sebring back in a day. Now imma set up the 86 for highspeed entry.

I see..... Everybody are psyched about this event! Me too! Count me in for 100+mph entry. I'll probably entering that shit at 5th gear cus of my gearing. Definately a lot of e-braking!!! This event its gonna remind of Sebring back in a day. Now imma set up the 86 for highspeed entry.

woot

Back
Top Bottom