*Official Fitness Thread*

is this shit dying? lol hopefully everyones keeping up

i got a gym membership with my friend so im going every day and pushing my self harder each time, i was just wondering, if i go from like 6 to 7, is it pointless or even bad to do like 30 pushups at night around 10 before i shower?

as in, should i keep that closer till after my work out, or is it still good even if its hours after the workout

I don't know that it is beneficial but I doubt it isn't. I usually wake up and do a couple sets up push ups and pull ups to get the blood flowing.

Now that I think of it if you are going EVERYDAY you really need as much rest in between. I would hold off on them. Muscle grows from rest not work. Maybe Robert can chime in with more insight.

actually your body reaches its max level of testosterone at around 45min -1 hr.... so 1 hr workout as long as you are busting your ass, and you are doing it the right way, should be fine. Push ups is maybe the best exercise in world, you can do them when ever you want. They will always be effective, it targets a lot of the smaller muscles that free weights do not target. Try to rest at least one day, you can do push ups on this day too... Also, dont push yourself harder everytime you are at the gym. Thats for people who are looking for explosive reaction, like wrestler, fighters, football players...

well its been like two weeks i havent updated as of right now im down to 163-164 i am actually seening myself get more defined as the weeks come... i started this diet around nov 11th of last year and now 3 months later i lost a total of 92 lbs from waist size 42 down to waist size 31.. from shirts of xl or xxl down to medium or small depending on brand and from hitting the gym 7 dayz a week and now to 5 days a week and having a super healthy diet that i think w/o my dedication and determination on my part i would be prob worse than i started just goes 2 show you that if i could do it... i think anyone can do it also... i have some new piks to post up.....

2009-02-07-71202.jpg

2009-02-11-47695.jpg

2009-02-11-47712.jpg

2009-02-11-47781.jpg

is this shit dying? lol hopefully everyones keeping up

i got a gym membership with my friend so im going every day and pushing my self harder each time, i was just wondering, if i go from like 6 to 7, is it pointless or even bad to do like 30 pushups at night around 10 before i shower?

as in, should i keep that closer till after my work out, or is it still good even if its hours after the workout

Matthew McConaughey does 200 pushups a day. Just drops and does 20 every hour or so, workout day or not. When my bench press was at its peak, it was after doing about 100 pushups a day for 3~4 weeks. My strength really skyrocketed. I've since slacked w/ the pushups but I'm starting that routine again for fun and b/c i found out I've been doing my bench presses with my hands too close together. I want to improve more now, so full speed ahead w/ the pushups.

the way i see it... it doesnt matter how u work out as long as your gettin results thats what counts.. i do the same workouts almost all the time..i change it up sometimes im just gettin stronger and more leaner... im now 154 and leaner than the piks above and more stronger so just i think its all how ur body gets used to it i guess i am no fitness expert

I'm back and I lost about 15lbs in the month and a half I didnt work out. So, yea im smaller. Kinda mad about that but I already started again. Gonna keep updating again like before.

So it's been like 5 days. I put on 4lbs. I'm working out HARD. I wanna get my size and strength back. In the month and a half I didn't work out I dropped about 20lbs on every excersize...PISSED. So I put myself on a strict high protein diet and drinking over a gallon of water a day. Currently just using wheybolic protien from GNC again. I'll post pics soon, youll see what a month and a half of not working out period does to you. lol

Just updating since... doesnt seem anyone else is, so I'll keep the thread going. I'm at 166.6lbs. So in total since I've been back I've put on 7.6 lbs. My goal is to get back to the 175 I was at before I left for a month and a half, then exceed it. I'm starting to get back into the groove of things, my muscles are getting used to working out again, and I'm regaining alot of my strength quick. Cmon! Someone else has to have some kind of update. lol

actually your body reaches its max level of testosterone at around 45min -1 hr.... so 1 hr workout as long as you are busting your ass, and you are doing it the right way, should be fine. Push ups is maybe the best exercise in world, you can do them when ever you want. They will always be effective, it targets a lot of the smaller muscles that free weights do not target. Try to rest at least one day, you can do push ups on this day too... Also, dont push yourself harder everytime you are at the gym. Thats for people who are looking for explosive reaction, like wrestler, fighters, football players...

I usually did abs at the gym everyday (Mon-Fri) and my friend told me it was better to do it only 3 times a week to give your muscles a rest, and I've seen a better result doing the 3 times a week thing. So I do think rest is key. And would it be bad that I do one week low weight, high reps, and the next week high weight, low reps? That's usually what I do but I don't know if that's bad for you..

Now one thing that's pissing me off is my abs though. Although I'm starting to see more on the three day's rather than Mon-Fri, I still don't have good results. My top two are awesome and I've been focusing lately on lower abs.. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what should I do so all 6 appear? Like different work outs and stuff. I don't know what other exercises for lower abs that'll give me good results..

Last edited:
Just updating since... doesnt seem anyone else is, so I'll keep the thread going. I'm at 166.6lbs. So in total since I've been back I've put on 7.6 lbs. My goal is to get back to the 175 I was at before I left for a month and a half, then exceed it. I'm starting to get back into the groove of things, my muscles are getting used to working out again, and I'm regaining alot of my strength quick. Cmon! Someone else has to have some kind of update. lol

OK i will update.

I've been running more. I kind of stopped focusing on strength training and shrunk a bit and got a little weaker. It was too much of a PITA to eat all the time (and do it right). I'm down to 152 now but I still exercise at least 5 days a week. Usually 3 days of weights w/ moderate cardio and 2 days of 30minute minimum cardio w/ moderate weight training. Its frustrating though. It was an incredible confidence booster to bench over 200lbs considering my size and where i started (137lbs and having trouble w/ 3x10 using 95lb on a flat bench). Running greater distances and/or faster just doesn't have the same effect. Guess its an ego thing. I might get back into heavy lifting. I also had a tension headache issue that kept me from pushing harder. Really frustrating but i think it was b/c of a neck injury which will hopefully be confirmed/corrected soon. We'll see.

I'm still in it. I'm staying between 184 - 190, which isn't a bad weight for me. Just trimming, eating right and lifting. I go 5 days a week still. I can see the differences.

On a side note my GF hasn't been going with as much so it gives me the opportunity to lift big with my buddies again. Time to get big. I agree with you Tony being able to run longer, faster, etc isn't the same feeling at all!

^^ Badass Z4k. And yea Anthony I know what you mean. I was just getting to 225 on the flat bench for 6reps for 3 sets, when I quit to leave. Now that I'm back, I put on 205 and tried.... FUCK nope not happenen for 6 reps, barely 2. How about 185...FAUK Barely 4 on my own. Like agh, such a downer. Then I step on the scale and see I lost so much weight it just pisses me off. But I guess thats fuel to work out harder and regain. And since I currently dont have a job and my school doesnt start for 2 more months, I will be updating quite often again hah.

I usually did abs at the gym everyday (Mon-Fri) and my friend told me it was better to do it only 3 times a week to give your muscles a rest, and I've seen a better result doing the 3 times a week thing. So I do think rest is key. And would it be bad that I do one week low weight, high reps, and the next week high weight, low reps? That's usually what I do but I don't know if that's bad for you..

Now one thing that's pissing me off is my abs though. Although I'm starting to see more on the three day's rather than Mon-Fri, I still don't have good results. My top two are awesome and I've been focusing lately on lower abs.. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what should I do so all 6 appear? Like different work outs and stuff. I don't know what other exercises for lower abs that'll give me good results..

:confused: :confused:

I’ve been dieting for about 3 weeks and doing cardio 5 days a week and light weight high reps. I started out at 353 and am down to 332. I ride my stationary bike every day, 30 min in the mornings before work and about an hour +/- after dinner. I’ve also been Kayaking which I’ve noticed a big boost in upper body strength. I don’t want to start heavy lifting until I’ve gotten to about 275 or so, I want to get smaller and leaner first build up my endurance. I’ll try to get some pics soon from when I started to now.

What I do for lower abs is put a 25lb weight behind my head and do sit ups. As you lift your back off the floor, make the weight behind your head be the last thing to come off the floor. You may have to use a lower weight but the idea is the same. I aim for around 10 reps x 3sets per day. You'll feel it burn for sure:D

I’ve been dieting for about 3 weeks and doing cardio 5 days a week and light weight high reps. I started out at 353 and am down to 332. I ride my stationary bike every day, 30 min in the mornings before work and about an hour +/- after dinner. I’ve also been Kayaking which I’ve noticed a big boost in upper body strength. I don’t want to start heavy lifting until I’ve gotten to about 275 or so, I want to get smaller and leaner first build up my endurance. I’ll try to get some pics soon from when I started to now.

Thats good man, dropping 21lbs isnt easy. What I see people doing is getting down to about 300lbs then cutting and heavy lifting and they end up looking awesome.

Last edited:

do core-strengthening exercises, things like shadow boxing and continuesly flexing your abs will warrant results, leg raises... here:
http://www.gotrybe.com/elders/?p=36

do core-strengthening exercises, things like shadow boxing and continuesly flexing your abs will warrant results, leg raises... here:

What I do for lower abs is put a 25lb weight behind my head and do sit ups. As you lift your back off the floor, make the weight behind your head be the last thing to come off the floor. You may have to use a lower weight but the idea is the same. I aim for around 10 reps x 3sets per day. You'll feel it burn for sure:D

I'll try all that out. Thanks guys. I'm getting ready for the gym as we speak XD

Thats good man, dropping 21lbs isnt easy. What I see people doing is getting down to about 300lbs then cutting and heavy lifting and they end up looking awesome.

thanks man. i feel much better. im not stopping untill i hit my ideal weight/image...

+1

My abs are burning today. I did a couple of those exercises in that list after my workout yesterday but the real ass kicker for me is hanging leg raise pull ups. I use a neutral grip (hope to improve that), do a leg raise bending my knees as little as possible, pull up, and slowly bring my legs down while also lowering myself from the pull up. Its pretty beastly looking from an outsider's perspective and when i started, i could only do 3 or 4 in a row before dropping. Yesterday I did 10 for the first set, 8 for the 2nd and 11 for the 3rd. Feels good.

thanks man. i feel much better. im not stopping untill i hit my ideal weight/image...

Its a long road and for some people it comes easier than others. It has taken me over a year to get where I am and although I don't have some great physique, I am definitely in better physical shape than i have ever been. A lot of it is genetics. But from some reading i've been doing, I've learned that when puberty is coming to an end, whatever your body was like at that time will be what your body is always trying to turn into. It takes years to reprogram your brain which is why guys who were athletic in HS always have somewhat of an athletic physique in their mid 20's to 30's no matter what they do/eat and guys who were lazy and didn't do shit (me) struggle to build muscle and burn fat. Don't give up though, don't get discouraged, and don't buy into supplement "science" and eventually you will accomplish what you want to accomplish and beyond. Portion control and eating the right foods are more vital than any powder or pill you could ever shove into your body.

Last edited:
Well this week I am begining my diet. I'm packing lunch from now on.

What I am doing is buying Perdue Boneless Skinless breasts and cooking them Sunday night, make a pot of Brown Rice and a difference Veggie everyday. IT will get the Fast food out of my diet. I'm going to change up the meat every so often. I just need to motivate my self to make breakfast in the AM instead of my usual Clif Bars.

Back
Top Bottom