need info on NA V8 swaps

yeah but the price of it will come out to be about the same as swaping the vh... beside im not saying that my opinion is better than yours... its about options, i like Japanese engineering better than american.

^mistake lol ls motors are damn near bullitproof. i would chose a ls motor over any japanese v8 anyday. Plus if you cam out the motor it sounds fuckin amazing.

bro your talking about a 5.7 compared to a 4.5L there really isnt much competition

besides i really dont like the idea of push rod as opposed to lifters with roller on them.

Last edited:
Vh45de
- Forged steel crankshaft.
- Forged steel connecting rods.
- 6 Bolt main bearing caps with studs.
- Full-length main bearing bearing.
- Lightweight, floating pistons with molybdenum coating.
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves.
- Cross-flow cooling system.
- Hydraulic lash adjusters.
- Single-row silent timing chain.
- Coil-on-plug ignition system.
- Roller rocker arms for reduced friction.
- Variable Valve Timing.
- Redline of 6900 rpm.
- Compression ratio of 10.2 to 1.
- Bore of 93 mm and stroke of 82.7 mm.
- Dimensions: 890 mm(L) x 740 mm(W) x 725 mm(H).

The VH series consists of 4.1 and 4.5 liter engines from the Nissan Motor Corporation. The design consists of a 90 degree V8 with an aluminum cylinder block that features a closed upper deck and a deep skirt. The cylinder heads are also aluminum with a DOHC 4-valve design and pentroof combustion chambers.

yeah i know its a bigger motor. you best belive size matters lol Push rod motors are great. before i came into drifting i was into muscle cars i have alot of experience with american v8s. they work they hold hands down.

redline of 6900 my 6m revs higher then that lol

Last edited:
Food For thought

Your right it is about everyone opinion. I just like the amount of aftermarket support and sourcing parts is easy. Lighter Engine set IIRC. Don't get me the wrong the Nissa V8 isn't bad just not my choice.

dude i totally agree with you when it comes to the aftermarket theres a plethora of parts for the ls1, but not my cup of tea. but no doubt LS1 is a good motor.. not even grounds to bash.

Any LSx will be a good choice. They're powerful from the factory, strong, have tons of potential, and they have a HUGE aftermarket.

the cheap way is a carbed 302. Motors can be bought for $200 or cheaper at times. GOing carb saves headaces of trying to wire it since you will only need a few wires to run it. LSx would be a great swap, but you know its gonna be a few grand for a motorset.

what about LS2 motor? what the facks on these LSX motors?

LS1/LS2/LS6/LS7 and now the LS3. Theres plenty to choose from lol..

LTx motors are a good way to go too. I personally have an LT4 and I have no problems whatsoever.. Runs strong and makes PLENTY of power and much room for imrovement..

And its much cheaper to buy/build than an LSx motor..

Last edited:

LSx = Chevy v8
x=1,2,3,6,7.... Basically saying any LS_motor would be great.

'tis true, but chevy V8 is pretty vauge. the LS based motors are found in the later (1998+) 4th gen f-bodies, corvettes, trans ams, formulas, and some SUV's (L98, etc). It will also be found in the new 5th gen f-bodies coming out (LS3 and some say even the LS7 - supposed motor platform for the new camaro SS and trans am)

y not get a Chevy sb 350 throw a cam in there some aftermarket heads roller rockers intake manifold and etc... i and your done should be pushing close to 300whp if not more...

^your pushing close to 380 with that set up. slap on a holley 900cc carb 3 inch exhuast and your pushin over 400

Back
Top Bottom