need info on NA V8 swaps

Vh45de
- Forged steel crankshaft.
- Forged steel connecting rods.
- 6 Bolt main bearing caps with studs.
- Full-length main bearing bearing.
- Lightweight, floating pistons with molybdenum coating.
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves.
- Cross-flow cooling system.
- Hydraulic lash adjusters.
- Single-row silent timing chain.
- Coil-on-plug ignition system.
- Roller rocker arms for reduced friction.
- Variable Valve Timing.
- Redline of 6900 rpm.
- Compression ratio of 10.2 to 1.
- Bore of 93 mm and stroke of 82.7 mm.
- Dimensions: 890 mm(L) x 740 mm(W) x 725 mm(H).

The VH series consists of 4.1 and 4.5 liter engines from the Nissan Motor Corporation. The design consists of a 90 degree V8 with an aluminum cylinder block that features a closed upper deck and a deep skirt. The cylinder heads are also aluminum with a DOHC 4-valve design and pentroof combustion chambers.

you've successfully listed EVERYTHING a vh has going for it besides the ability to open up the intake and exhaust.

cool motor, but absolutely ZERO aftermarket.

LSx all the way.

one camshaft to buy, endless camshaft selection to buy from.

LSx engines:
3/4th generation small block chevy.
6 bolt mains.
12 headstuds
all aluminum
tons of aftermarket support
need help with oiling, at least an accusump.
costs around 3500 with a nearly 400rwhp bulletproof 6 speed transmission if your good at shopping around for a ls1 engine.
stay away from97-98 engines.
rated from 325-350rwhp depending on what it came out of , different cams.
crank trigger driven ignition system with coilpacks.
cam in block design, which is cool because you only need one cam, and building the heads is very simpe/very cheap. not a lot of moving parts and theres no timing to mess with because everything is keyed, and you can pull the heads without touching anything timing related which is really cool.

ls2
400hp 6.0 liter ls1. crank and cam angle sensor moved to front of motor, couple other small changes.

ls3 - 420hp ls2

ls4 - fwd ls1, 330hp, i dont know a lot about it other than its not compatible with a lot of other lsx stuff

ls6- c5 z06 engine, 385-405hp.

ls7 - 500hp , dry sump, titanium connecting rods, bad ass.

ls9 - new zr1 engine, more than you can afford pal

lq4, lq9- iron blockls1 variants in truck

l76- iron block ls2 variant in truck

theres some more cant remember off the top of my head. but basically any chevy v8 past 1998 is a variant of the ls1. all the pushrod engines are same stuff pretty much, if its dohc its northstar which is competely different.

www.ls1tech.com has a plethora of info on anything ls1 related.

the biggest reason im so pro-ls1 is power/wieght of the engine set is absolutely retarted. the combination of pushrods + aluminum everything makes for the most lightwieght and compact 350 cubic inches of displacement ever, and the aftermarket is absolutely endless. in america and australia this engine swap just makes sense. in japan/europe not so much.

yeah its just a track car.... i think that he runs like 300 series tires on the rear(big overfenders)... there are vids of it somewhere on youtube.

Put a hemi in one. That would be damn orginal, I think hemis could be the new LSx in the future

a v12 is possible i think, but where could you get one for a decent price is the thing.

how about a viper v10? i would love to stick in a AMG 55 motor in my car, i love those motors.

Last edited:
v12 is mad heavy and too slow. they have decent top end speed but nothing off the line. A viper v10 would be a good choice if you can find one under 20G. Im sorry but no 240 is worth putting a viper motor in. You pay ten times the amount for your motor as you do for the car. Its like black people putting 30" rims on a $500 car is just dosn't make sense but to each there own.

v12 is mad heavy and too slow. they have decent top end speed but nothing off the line. A viper v10 would be a good choice if you can find one under 20G. Im sorry but no 240 is worth putting a viper motor in. You pay ten times the amount for your motor as you do for the car. Its like black people putting 30" rims on a $500 car is just dosn't make sense but to each there own.

mmmmmmmmmm bam whore
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-2...QsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Back
Top Bottom