N/A 2JZ swapped S14

Not N/A but felt like throw this GTE out there =) *edit: too many damn pics of a GTE swap lol::
nochederecords3.jpg

23959_334732878990_516748990_3412036_7925551_n.jpg

39234734001_large.jpg

rx82jz_UIJ_PakWheels(com).jpg

Delorean3-750x499.jpg

hello folks, some of you may know me, my name is KT.
the first two pics are of my car.
i love the fuck out of this swap.
its constant power.
my friend most of you may know, sean forrester, traded me cars for the day (which taking a race car to highschool is awesome) and he said "dude, i love your car. its perfectly balanced and this is definitely how they should of came stock."

everyone who drives my car loves it.
the weight is not bad at all, like everyone claims its going to be.
to be honest, i like the weight up front, it creates a pivot point up front which allows me to swing the car out harder without it spinning out as easy. with that said, i love the weight exactly how it is.
i have a w55 tranny from an IS300, and i like the lower ratio.
i can slide 3rd gear and thats really all that matters to me.

i have done a lot of research on what is the same compared to the 2jzgte, as well as how interchangeable 1jz and 2jzgte parts are etc...
also on going boost.
if anyone has any questions ill do my best to answer them.
but honestly, if your goal is big power, just buy a GTE......
if your like me and you really dont give a fuck about 10000000whp dyno queen and just want something to get good a drifting with, then maybe boost and make like 350-400whp at most. this is a good thing to consider.
btw, im only 18. cut me a fucking break. lol

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

why not just get the 2j n/a, buy the cp piston and eagle rod package from ebay ($1200), balance the crank, put it all together with a turbo or even the stock twins($300) and you have a beast of a 240. i've had way too many friends with sr problems. driftmotion even does a parallel twin turbo conversion for the sequential twins for the 2j with all garret internals. more n/a power+reliability vs less turbo power+lots of problems. i think we found a winner here

stock twins dont bolt up, and all you need is stock GTE pistons.
the rods are the same as GTE rods....
there is no reason why you would nead CP pistons.
at that point, for what you would be paying extra, you mine as well get a stock GTE and not mess with it considering how much of a pain in the ass tuning a 2jzge is.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the 2j in the first post the vvti one? but do notice i said RELIABLY. it would pretty shitty to put everything together and screw your bottom end just because someone says it can hold it. and i think most of the lexus 2j's were vvti, all of the ones ive seen had the three coils--designated that they were vvti.

i was just stating the info if turbo was your plan. staying n/a will still be better than swapping an sr

its NON VVTI

Last edited:
hello folks, some of you may know me, my name is KT.
the first two pics are of my car.
i love the fuck out of this swap.
its constant power.
my friend most of you may know, sean forrester, traded me cars for the day (which taking a race car to highschool is awesome) and he said "dude, i love your car. its perfectly balanced and this is definitely how they should of came stock."

everyone who drives my car loves it.
the weight is not bad at all, like everyone claims its going to be.
to be honest, i like the weight up front, it creates a pivot point up front which allows me to swing the car out harder without it spinning out as easy. with that said, i love the weight exactly how it is.
i have a w55 tranny from an IS300, and i like the lower ratio.
i can slide 3rd gear and thats really all that matters to me.

i have done a lot of research on what is the same compared to the 2jzgte, as well as how interchangeable 1jz and 2jzgte parts are etc...
also on going boost.
if anyone has any questions ill do my best to answer them.
but honestly, if your goal is big power, just buy a GTE......
if your like me and you really dont give a fuck about 10000000whp dyno queen and just want something to get good a drifting with, then maybe boost and make like 350-400whp at most. this is a good thing to consider.
btw, im only 18. cut me a fucking break. lol

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

stock twins dont bolt up, and all you need is stock GTE pistons.
the rods are the same as GTE rods....
there is no reason why you would nead CP pistons.
at that point, for what you would be paying extra, you mine as well get a stock GTE and not mess with it considering how much of a pain in the ass tuning a 2jzge is.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

its NON VVTI

wtf dude i cant slide third

wtf dude i cant slide third
Hate to bring back old conversations, but I just stumbled upon this thread and just wanted to throw this out there incase anyone thought I was full of shit.
Because I sure as hell could kill it in 3rd. Just have to kick the shit out of the clutch and not be a nancy about it! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom