N/A 2JZ swapped S14

santi, DaveH is a member here? where can i check all this out? sounds very interesting. ninja, sounds like a great swap. hopefully this will catch on to all the sr owners out there

he is on the supraforums an youtube. :bigthumbu

so much mis information in here... omg! you have one guy saying 9psi 9psi omg 9psi THATS IT...

then another dude saying no no no, 600hp stock internals...

then another comes in with some proof (santi)

holy shit, its a nice torquey motor from what i see... being that i hang out with barefoot almost on a daily basis, and it has not given him one problem since he swapped it... back on topic to the op, i think you should do what ever the fuck you want. do not listen to anyone on a forum because it is and always will be a biased opinion. look at what the swap requires you to do labor wise, compare hp/tq, weight, and just overall cost to base your decision. sr's are cheap and easy!

^^^^ Its not even for myself; I just wanted to show others a different alternative than the usual LSX,SR,RB, and 1JZ motors. If I ever get an S14 again I would most likely do this swap since I would love to pass by other drivers and imagine a "wtf , he passed me and he's not turbo ?!" look lol

Still trying to imagine a 180hp s14. Any help would be appreciated.

"I run ARP main studs, stock crank, carrillo h beams, 10.7:1 JE pistons"

Stock crank = stock internals

lol, yea i skimmed through and saw that, but considering that he is running basically stock compression its pretty damn impressive

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

i actually started looking through his thread and i have yet to see this unopened na-t setup santi has talked about. all i have seen is stock block, stock cams and 3mm head gasket

Yeah e98 fuel is probably why he can run such high compression. It's like 120 octane or something. That, and really on point tuning.

Yeah e98 fuel is probably why he can run such high compression. It's like 120 octane or something. That, and really on point tuning.

and some nitrous. whats even more amazing is that a couple times he through the w58 on it when he was making about 600-700 hp. and everyone thought you couldnt throw more than 400hp through them things

The motors have already proved to be better than a ka and at boost faster and more reliable than a ka-t. And yes its true all the sc guys ditch their motors but they keep their harnesses and tranny making it more difficult to find those parts.

The motors have already proved to be better than a ka and at boost faster and more reliable than a ka-t. And yes its true all the sc guys ditch their motors but they keep their harnesses and tranny making it more difficult to find those parts.

this! and its killing me

who wants to listen to a bunch of raspy ass sounding 4 cyl's banging of their revlimiter when an inline 6 sounds so wonderful.

Thats the way I look at it.

2L vs 3L
peak torque and hp may be the same but ppl too often overlook where and for how long, torque should be given special consideration.

put it this way, hp is a great way to gauge how fast you can go but thats not so important in drifting is it? besides entry speeds its almost irrelevant. whats most important is your precise control over what the rear wheels are doing, a nice smooth flat torque curve gives you predictable steady control over a broad rpm range that depends mostly on your foot and not a peaky curve that causes changing sensitivity. v8s rule drifting for that exact reason.

personally i'd go 2j and then turbo. but then again i like doing things the hard way.

Last edited:
fuck you crazy lol, i tried to get you to buy a 1 or 2j for your piece of shit when you were doing the swap. look where yours ended up. rod knock. sad but true

sick video on the dyno too, thanks elliot for the link. i was searching for a while and gave up. still want to see that unopened one though

Back
Top Bottom