I'm thinking about this swap.....

no the LS1 isnt 6k, but the swap kit, and headers, and driveshaft, aftermarket clutch, fuel lines, and changing the oil pan to gto style... it adds up man. QUICK.

you can not get an ls1/t56 for same price as an SR... you are smoking hardcore crack. The one on TR is without manual trans, which go for 1200-1500 alone.

no the LS1 isnt 6k, but the swap kit, and headers, and driveshaft, aftermarket clutch, fuel lines, and changing the oil pan to gto style... it adds up man. QUICK.

you can not get an ls1/t56 for same price as an SR... you are smoking hardcore crack. The one on TR is without manual trans, which go for 1200-1500 alone.

so unless you get a gto ls1/ls2 you have to change the oil pan?

and what do you change with the fuel lines?

lol^^^^^ you guys are funny .marcojdm look into sikky.com they have a pretty good swap kit for the s-chassi for the ls

sikky is for rich boys. got mine from a guy in tampa, custom made it and it went in just right.

i dont think for the price you can beat the 1uz, and they seem reliable enough... 300hp V8 in a s chassis for no more than a 1500 bucks if you do it on your own... worry about hp later!

i dont think for the price you can beat the 1uz, and they seem reliable enough... 300hp V8 in a s chassis for no more than a 1500 bucks if you do it on your own... worry about hp later!

LOL it's more like 220whp and it's a whole lot more than $1500 to have one running in your car. The dude on tamparacing is selling his used swap for $5000, but everything is done right.

pretty sure the trucks didnt get an alumn 5.3. The alumn 5.3 came in the SSR and FWD LS4 cars. And ls1s arent $6k. They are the same price as an sr swap. There is a swap for sale on TR for $2k. And from what ive heard with the 1uzfe you will be spending some serious coinage to get 400 hp outta them. 400 hp outta an ls1 is a cam and valve train swap away. Now Ls3s and ls7s, yea those are some serious money even used, but an LS3 is a cam/exhaust/tune away from 500rwhp, reliably.

+ envoy XL, isuzu ascender, buick rainier

KA tranny can handle 220whp.. just sayin.

I ain't said nothin bout no trans. r154 don't cost $3500.

Show me how you gonna get an engine, flywheel, clutch, trans adapter, modified headers, exhaust, engine mounts, and million other little things you come across doing any swap for $1500. You crazy.

Also, Dan wore his brakes out trying to follow Brett today at Desoto. Just sayin

Back
Top Bottom