I'm thinking about this swap.....

santi5222

Spectator

it sounds good. xat racing has a swap kit for the 1uzfe its something that im looking into for my s13 what do you guys think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a complete waste of money. youre better of with an ls1. there is a very small aftermarket on that motor and for the price of the whole swap might as well have gone with the ls1

thats a complete waste of money. youre better of with an ls1. there is a very small aftermarket on that motor and for the price of the whole swap might as well have gone with the ls1

really may i ask what you think the two swaps will cost in comparison please...

and 1uz can easily make 400hp, which imo is enough to rocket ship any s chassis into space....(stolen quote from georgiepooo!)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

kits on this site are meant to get your 1uz into the 1200hp range... superchargers, full forged internal stuff... dude elliot g, this motor is way cheaper than an ls1, and to my understanding is lighter than the ls....

just go sr20det and be soooooo jdm tyte yo!!!

no but really, you cant ask what other peoples opinions are, you need to ask yourself what do you want....and when you have a list in mind then do some research.

its your car buddy

really may i ask what you think the two swaps will cost in comparison please...

and 1uz can easily make 400hp, which imo is enough to rocket ship any s chassis into space....(stolen quote from georgiepooo!)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

kits on this site are meant to get your 1uz into the 1200hp range... superchargers, full forged internal stuff... dude elliot g, this motor is way cheaper than an ls1, and to my understanding is lighter than the ls....

idk, more research needs to be done. but i think in the long run the ls1 might be cheaper still

i have done research on the motor an the swap not that hard an not that expensive to do. I think the ls1 swap is great but it cost more then the 1uzfe. An the 1uzfe does have aftermarket support. just want to know what u guys thought about it. thanks for your time sfl

i have done research on the motor an the swap not that hard an not that expensive to do. I think the ls1 swap is great but it cost more then the 1uzfe. An the 1uzfe does have aftermarket support. just want to know what u guys thought about it. thanks for your time sfl

like mentioned its your car and your decision to make

elliot im not trying to be a dick, but ls1 is like a $6,000 swap... thats being generous it could easily set you back more...

the 1uz will cost you 500 or so for the motor and accessories and im looking into a build thread right now on nico, where he uses the ka tranny, and driveshaft and stock ps lines.... so all in all you save like 4500-5000 and sacrifice 60hp off the bat... but with that saved money, you could easily make plenty of power.... im not jocky either of these motors, but its definitely not a waste of time!

elliot im not trying to be a dick, but ls1 is like a $6,000 swap... thats being generous it could easily set you back more...

the 1uz will cost you 500 or so for the motor and accessories and im looking into a build thread right now on nico, where he uses the ka tranny, and driveshaft and stock ps lines.... so all in all you save like 4500-5000 and sacrifice 60hp off the bat... but with that saved money, you could easily make plenty of power.... im not jocky either of these motors, but its definitely not a waste of time!

ok yea i guess that can save a boat load of money. and i understand dood.

santi i say go 1UZ, they are strong reliable motors and they are fairly cheap to get since you can get em in SC400s and a few other cars compared to LS1 prices. i say do it. JDM v8 > USDM v8 ;)

my friend had a 1uz mk3 on a standalone and he had it for 2-3 years with no problems.

santi i say go 1UZ, they are strong reliable motors and they are fairly cheap to get since you can get em in SC400s and a few other cars compared to LS1 prices. i say do it. JDM v8 > USDM v8 ;)

my friend had a 1uz mk3 on a standalone and he had it for 2-3 years with no problems.

ya im looking forward to it :bigthumbu

jdm V8 parts $$$$ < usdm V8 parts $$ thats why i chose a older fuel injected chevy v8 i buy 8 pistons for the same price as you buy 4 just saying my 2 since

Back
Top Bottom