Formula D 2011 rule book gossip..

personally I wouldnt want an FD event at PBIR. For one thing there isnt a lot of seating in the back of the area. and the front area wouldnt be that exciting to watch.

I'm sure they would put bleachers all over that back section, and it would be awesome, but I don't think FD is coming to FL. I don't mind driving to Atlanta because that shit is awesome!

Yeah if it's going to be pbir it will be in the back section but i don't think it will happen they will give it to Texas, sfl is pretty far from everybody
When i first heard about the engine-chassis make has to be the same rule i believed it but if they do XDC and pro am using the same rule book what fd so that would piss a shitload of people off so i don't think it will happen .
Anyone wanna buy my racecar?:D

Ok.
Just so everyone knows.
there will NOT be a motor to chassis rule. Any motor in any chassis goes.
Stop talking about it guys. It is NOT going to happen.

Ok.
Just so everyone knows.
there will NOT be a motor to chassis rule. Any motor in any chassis goes.
Stop talking about it guys. It is NOT going to happen.

^I know it wont't happen.

Now back on the subject "Anyone wanna buy my racecar? :D"

true, i feel what you're saying, however i also feel like it'll bring more... versatility.. to the mainstream "televised" events, you know? that way "up-and-comers" dont feel like they need a full blown race car to be able to keep up with corporate sponsored cars with 800hp and drag radials (i know, over exaggeration).

i guess what im saying is, you guys can keep your "big boy" run group and we'll call it... the "heavyweight" division, whatever, but then have light weight and middle weight classes too..

the drivers in these 2 "lesser" classes will still be gnarly drivers and will need to qualify for their positions in said class.

oh, and the lightweight class bros can take their sway bars off...

im late as fuh to this thread but + muh fuggin 1.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

but it wont happen so /thread.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

heres another thing. People that dont really know much about drifting, dont want to watch abuncha chumps in anything less than some crazy 600+whp car. They wanna see new gnarly horsepower cars go out and eat.
Also, Formula D has 2-3 days for an event. The 3 day events are 1 full practice day, 1 practice and qualifying day, and 1 practice and competition day. There isnt enough time to do all of these classes.

XDC is gonna be huge next year. Its really gonna come into itself as the teir 2 seris. Not saying teir 2 in a bad way, saying it as in, we dont have $100,000+ a year budgets to take a car drifting. XDC will be for the guys that may be as good as some of the 16+ ranked FD drivers, but dont have the time or budget, or really even the want to compete on a level such as FD.

Leave FD, FD, and take it for what it is. Go out and watch and have an awesome time watching some of the best drivers in the USA, even the World, competeing in some insane cars.

I for one am extremely excited to run XDC next year, and think awesome things will come out of it. Let XDC grow out of its first year and be ready for awesomeness.
hi, welcome to the thread

He bought an FD license?

bwaahahahaha

PS:

bugsfloridac.gif

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

yes, we have established that Pat is kinda cool and knows about drift stuff

Yeah guys, it's great to dream, but I will be amazed if they came to Florida.

And even if they did, no one would come because people would rather talk about going to a drift event, rather than actually going.

true

i think they should just enforce some of the existing rules

Back
Top Bottom