Formula D 2011 rule book gossip..

MacMurphy

The Beard-O
Driver
So all the 130 cars are done, there will be a lot of new cars for 2011.

Rules. I've heard rumors about a tire size/car weight ratio rule. So 1800lb cars can't run 305's. I've also heard that the chassis make must match the engine. So, no more LS1 240's.

http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59038

Anyone else hear this kind of gossip on other forums or more reputable sources?
If these rumors are true it looks like its back to KAs, SRs, RBs, or VQs for you 240sx guys

The motor swap rule is bullshit. I've heard it come from Tony Angelos mouth that its bullshit. He's the head of tech for Formula D incase someone didnt know.

Im not sure about the tire rule, but Im kinda thinkin thats bogus too.

I do know some serious shit is gonna get dropped.

If your gearing up for the 2010 SEMA show make sure you are currently free 2:30pm on Wednesday afternoon for the Formula Drift press conference. Normally they release a new schedule for the following year on top of other big news/announcements. I am sure we will get some more details on the United Arab Emirates drifting event in February taking place on the Formula 1 Yas Marina Circuit. In case you cannot attend the 2010 SEMA show we will have an updated post within a minute or two after the press conference is over so stay tuned
http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2010/10/26/2010-formula-drift-sema-press-conference/#comments

I guess we'll find out tomorrow

i personally think that formula d should be set up in groups based on power/tire size/weight... like, have multiple classes (i.e. street, pro street, full race) whatever, just my opinion

i personally think that formula d should be set up in groups based on power/tire size/weight... like, have multiple classes (i.e. street, pro street, full race) whatever, just my opinion

No way bro. FD is for big boys. Xdc is for the up and comers that sent quite ready for real deal big boy FD. If ya can't cut it in xdc, just stick to local events till you're good enough for real competition stuff.

No way bro. FD is for big boys. Xdc is for the up and comers that sent quite ready for real deal big boy FD. If ya can't cut it in xdc, just stick to local events till you're good enough for real competition stuff.

true, i feel what you're saying, however i also feel like it'll bring more... versatility.. to the mainstream "televised" events, you know? that way "up-and-comers" dont feel like they need a full blown race car to be able to keep up with corporate sponsored cars with 800hp and drag radials (i know, over exaggeration).

i guess what im saying is, you guys can keep your "big boy" run group and we'll call it... the "heavyweight" division, whatever, but then have light weight and middle weight classes too..

the drivers in these 2 "lesser" classes will still be gnarly drivers and will need to qualify for their positions in said class.

oh, and the lightweight class bros can take their sway bars off...

Last edited:
classes overly complicates it all and makes for a long boring event. Run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

classes overly complicates it all and makes for a long boring event. Run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

i think that being able to tell ahead of each run who is going to win makes for an even more boring event...:boring::boring:

i think that being able to tell ahead of each run who is going to win makes for an even more boring event...:boring::boring:

I don't know so much about all this technicality, however, I'm gonna share some of my ignorance with ya'll. So like, Miami GP as an illustration, showed us that a na/ka can beat a vh45 super charged. So yeah.

I don't know so much about all this technicality, however, I'm gonna share some of my ignorance with ya'll. So like, Miami GP as an illustration, showed us that a na/ka can beat a vh45 super charged. So yeah.

take both cars to Irwindale... put a pro driver in both and tell me what the outcome is

Not always, I think Aasbo shit on Jr. sometimes...

weight and power... these 2 guys would be in the same class

now put Jr. against a gnarly na ae86... Jr. would take it

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Yeah like when Bert leaves you while your a boosted 2j and he's NA

bert might have a better tire size/contact patch to power ratio than Jimmy. jimmy might have more tire, but more camber as well limiting his contact patch. plus jimmy has/had more power.

we are also leaving out driver skill and experience in this argument Leo, so lets keep it technical and keep the bullshit out, k?

heres another thing. People that dont really know much about drifting, dont want to watch abuncha chumps in anything less than some crazy 600+whp car. They wanna see new gnarly horsepower cars go out and eat.
Also, Formula D has 2-3 days for an event. The 3 day events are 1 full practice day, 1 practice and qualifying day, and 1 practice and competition day. There isnt enough time to do all of these classes.

XDC is gonna be huge next year. Its really gonna come into itself as the teir 2 seris. Not saying teir 2 in a bad way, saying it as in, we dont have $100,000+ a year budgets to take a car drifting. XDC will be for the guys that may be as good as some of the 16+ ranked FD drivers, but dont have the time or budget, or really even the want to compete on a level such as FD.

Leave FD, FD, and take it for what it is. Go out and watch and have an awesome time watching some of the best drivers in the USA, even the World, competeing in some insane cars.

I for one am extremely excited to run XDC next year, and think awesome things will come out of it. Let XDC grow out of its first year and be ready for awesomeness.

Back
Top Bottom