Formula D 2011 rule book gossip..

heres another thing. People that dont really know much about drifting, dont want to watch abuncha chumps in anything less than some crazy 600+whp car. They wanna see new gnarly horsepower cars go out and eat.
Also, Formula D has 2-3 days for an event. The 3 day events are 1 full practice day, 1 practice and qualifying day, and 1 practice and competition day. There isnt enough time to do all of these classes.

XDC is gonna be huge next year. Its really gonna come into itself as the teir 2 seris. Not saying teir 2 in a bad way, saying it as in, we dont have $100,000+ a year budgets to take a car drifting. XDC will be for the guys that may be as good as some of the 16+ ranked FD drivers, but dont have the time or budget, or really even the want to compete on a level such as FD.

Leave FD, FD, and take it for what it is. Go out and watch and have an awesome time watching some of the best drivers in the USA, even the World, competeing in some insane cars.

I for one am extremely excited to run XDC next year, and think awesome things will come out of it. Let XDC grow out of its first year and be ready for awesomeness.

ok, point made, im with you on this one now.

Yeah I think PAT is on point. XDC delivered on what it said it would do this year and I think it can Only get better from here.

heres another thing. People that dont really know much about drifting, dont want to watch abuncha chumps in anything less than some crazy 600+whp car. They wanna see new gnarly horsepower cars go out and eat.
Also, Formula D has 2-3 days for an event. The 3 day events are 1 full practice day, 1 practice and qualifying day, and 1 practice and competition day. There isnt enough time to do all of these classes.

XDC is gonna be huge next year. Its really gonna come into itself as the teir 2 seris. Not saying teir 2 in a bad way, saying it as in, we dont have $100,000+ a year budgets to take a car drifting. XDC will be for the guys that may be as good as some of the 16+ ranked FD drivers, but dont have the time or budget, or really even the want to compete on a level such as FD.

Leave FD, FD, and take it for what it is. Go out and watch and have an awesome time watching some of the best drivers in the USA, even the World, competeing in some insane cars.

I for one am extremely excited to run XDC next year, and think awesome things will come out of it. Let XDC grow out of its first year and be ready for awesomeness.

:applause::mswerd:

i heard they arent going to allow any kind of driving where traction is broken. Its going to be FormulaG next year and its all about gripping with style.

Formula Drift has it’s yearly press conference in just under four hours from now. The rumor of the SEMA show is some serious schedule changes for the 2011 season. Our sources have told us that Sonoma will be missing from the 2011 schedule. In a few hours we will have some confirmation on this rumor but we have heard this from a few solid sources. The two locations that I would make a guess for new locations would be Texas and Florida. They are target locations for our demographic and have tracks that can facilitate Formula Drift. We also have heard about some additional big international announcements but the Abu Dhabi event is something we reported on already.

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog...rift-press-conference-announcements-rumormill

I hope they add florida...

I don't know so much about all this technicality, however, I'm gonna share some of my ignorance with ya'll. So like, Miami GP as an illustration, showed us that a na/ka can beat a vh45 super charged. So yeah.

450hp + rain = 800hp

90hp + rain = 350hp

latter of the two is perfect for miami gp... lol

rain just means shift up a gear from normal brah, slow that torque effect down some.... at pbir when it was early and still wet i was rocking 4th the whole way, when i dried up i went back to 4th-shift to third after entering.

The problem is that Florida won't pull people from any other state so they have to believe that there are enough people here that would go to an event that wouldn't make the drive to atlanta to be worth holding one In Florida

there was quite a few ppl that came to D1 miami, and im sure more would come to FD if it were lets say in central floridaish

Back
Top Bottom