Florida Drift Championship Qualifier Feb 1st at Gainesville Raceway

If you really compared the two, the parkinglot comes out the clear winner.
Its size is massive, the road-course is narrow.
It has 4 large bath-houses, the RC has old porta-johns!
It offers a large coverd pavilion for vendors or whether protection, RC has no shade at all!
It has lights, RC does not
It has a grill/restaurant, RC doesn't even have electric!
When you look at it through camera; the P-lot's backdrop and features make it look like more of a professional venue.
It has grand stands and plenty of room to add more.
Most importantly, its cheaper; but, still not cheap by any means!

all good points. big parking lots are totally fine with me, gives us a chance to have events similar to tx, cali, az, and others finally.

yeah i remember the three off rule at gville raceway.... there's no walls there though so i don't see bad crashes.. good idea on the parking lot. make it happen and i'll make the drive!

thanks for the sunday event, I'll be there. I'm sure we could party at the skate park the night before too. Gainesville skate park is just a few miles south on Waldo Rd.

i went to register and its charging me sales tax.... i dont recall that normally going on with ur events/paypal. i dont know im mistaken or if its wrong. ill reg once i know.

thanks for the sunday event, I'll be there. I'm sure we could party at the skate park the night before too. Gainesville skate park is just a few miles south on Waldo Rd.

Do they allow bikes? If so hk is there with some bmxery

yes the paypal has always charged salex tax and by law we have to charge it and pay for it, for reason it doesn't charge it on everyones account possibly their credit card is in a different state or something??

Do they allow bikes??? to do what? BMX bikes?

why arent you able to drive? you should the sponsor who is looking for drivers will be there to see who he wants so sponsor. And I dont think it will be anyone on a BMX bike.

lol he meant at the skate park. Im pretty sure its just a fenced park and you can bring whatever. not sure though, ill go by again and see whats up.
im down to skate it up i havent skateboarded in years lol.
edit:BMX Hours
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
$5.00 » all day

settles that. However, i know there is another smaller outdoor skatepark here in gainesville that is open to the public. its north of university on 34th. they got a 1/4 pipe, pyramid box 1/2 pipe some other small shit but theres no helmet requirement and its free. im down for a small bbq!

Last edited:
I'm gonna drive now. I'm still bringing my bike. The smaller outdoor one has that real nice mini ramp doesn't it? I've seen it in videos before.

OK some exiting news looks like the first Florida Drift Series competition event will be at IRL Honda Grand Prix April 3-5 3 day event amongs the IRL and Lemans cars etc... so this is huge news 150 000 spectators bithces. LOL So better get ready only the Pro locensed drivers will be allowed to the season opener to compete.

so what you are saying is the first event for the series is at the St Pete Grand Prix?

^^^^Thats what I'm working on right now looks very good as of right now but dont know for sure till next week.

Back
Top Bottom