FDC Round 1, April 18th At SFL Fairgrounds PRE REG OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW I just noticed CHARLIE is on the list!! That man had next to nothing back in november, really awesome he got it together in time!

still... qualifying is goin to be for top 8 it looks like. :(

Pendin my cars somewhat done friday night ill be there.. looks like it won't be painted in time for the event cause my aero still isn't in..
On a sweeter note my car got its first set of brand new tires!! Still prolly gunna get some used rear tires but it'll have new fronts!! Been sliding for like 2 years now and never bought tires until now hahah

Thanks Harri i just left my the tire shop iv been trying to get sponsored by for a year now and finally he ordered four tires for me.:D:D Two free and i pay cost on the other two. So now im good to go except gloves and fire extinguisher bracket. Sweet.

^^ It's the truth though. Real drivers that are going to almost every event, is probably around 18. Everyone else is broke, a poser, or is building their car for years.

i only wish i had a RWD car and Knew how to drift somewhat, so that i could participate in this event.

problem with driver count is that too many individual tracks/places are holding too many events and on top of others. back in the day we would get ONE event in FLORIDA every 2-3 MONTHS! EVERYONE would be there. Now its 3 or 4 a month and mostly no one travels when next week its right down the road from them. No one can kep up anymore so pick and choose events based on skill/money/distance.

I dont know how everyone was SOOOOO pumped for competition series and now we are worried to even have a top16 when 30+ drivers have licenses. I think a lot didn't appreciate the time/effot/difficulty/money involved in building a legit/safe car to spec and STILL be able to afford events. Its no joke obviously, shits rough to do and thats why I try to get myself and others sponsors as much as possible.

Start writing proposals people. Even if you suck at writing. Mines over 3 years old and revised all the time. I'm always willing to help those who are trying to do this. I should charge cuz this shit is hard and takes some skill, but I don't, so take advantage mofos.

problem with driver count is that too many individual tracks/places are holding too many events and on top of others. back in the day we would get ONE event in FLORIDA every 2-3 MONTHS! EVERYONE would be there. Now its 3 or 4 a month and mostly no one travels when next week its right down the road from them. No one can kep up anymore so pick and choose events based on skill/money/distance.

I dont know how everyone was SOOOOO pumped for competition series and now we are worried to even have a top16 when 30+ drivers have licenses. I think a lot didn't appreciate the time/effot/difficulty/money involved in building a legit/safe car to spec and STILL be able to afford events. Its no joke obviously, shits rough to do and thats why I try to get myself and others sponsors as much as possible.

Start writing proposals people. Even if you suck at writing. Mines over 3 years old and revised all the time. I'm always willing to help those who are trying to do this. I should charge cuz this shit is hard and takes some skill, but I don't, so take advantage mofos.

+1 u got it right on point.. some ppl just cant make it. like me.. bt big ups to all the others who can. and are doing it. i think it just wasnts the right time for a competition to be held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom