Didn't know you had to speak spanish to order at McDonald's

Eric G

NKOTB
So i walk my fat ass into the neighborhood Mickie D's this evening around 10 to order some food. i ask the cashier if the value menu is still available and he responds "como?" Wait what? is this Sedano's? So i repeat myself loudly as if he's just deaf instead of english challenged. He then says " un hamburger, pollo, papas fritas...." What the Fuck. Can this really be happening? America's #1 fast food restaurant has a spanish speaking only employee working the cash register. now i could understand if he was the custodian or a cook even, but cashier? Fucking really? i dont even live in miami which is the sad part. i'm not trying to be a racist in any way, but this is just flat out ridiculous. if you came to the U.S.A. from another country learn fucking english.

you do realize that this website is mostly spanish speaking members?

you done goofed you rasist prick!

he does have a point though i wouldnt go to spain or any other spanish speaking country speaking english.

who cares, learn spanish and youll have no problems ordering food. plus its bueno saver dos idiomas. my .02:bigthumbu

As ignorant and redneck as this sounds, if you're gonna work a job that involves the American public, you need to speak English.
Is that not just common fucking sense?!
I'm not saying don't hire him cause he can't speak English, just don't let him work the counter. Haha.
Isnt English like the most used language in the world?(serious question. I think I've hear that, but I can't recall 100%. haha)

Agree, except in Hialeah, lol...

English is actually the 3rd most spoken language in the world, Mandarin and Spanish being first and second (iirc it's very close between english and spanish). English is the worldwide language of choice though.

Thank you for calling so and so
For English, hang on the line
For Spanish, learn to speak English.
Thank you.

I hate that crap.
My parents moved here from Egypt, and they taught themselves how to speak English the first year they were here. I don't give a damn if every one on this site speaks spanish, when I walk into a business in THIS COUNTRY, I expect the mother fucker to speak English. I'da raised hell.

One day I went with my Mother to my little brother's PTA meeting. We walked into the room and sat down. And for 5 minutes listened to some lady speaking Spanish. So Finally my mother raises her hand and she's like, excuse me...Are you going to speak English? And the woman says, no ma'am this is teh Spanish speaking room. The English room is over there. So my mother asked her where the Arabic speaking room was. Obviously, not in this country.

It is total bullshit. I have sympathy towards immigrants who TRY. I have sympathy towards illegal immigrants who are coming here trying to better their lives. There is a certain respect to that I think.

BUT, when I worked at Sprint (I am fluent in English, Arabic and Spanish) I would have customers come in speaking Spanish. And I would look at them and say I don't speak Spanish. I'd say a good 70 percent of the time, the fucking douche-bags would break out in perfect fucking English. Like how tha fuck? Are u that fucking lazy?
'Merica.

Haha if you look in the bottom right corner of the mcd's menu it says se habla Ingles.

And my favorite when you call some were and the automated service is like. Gracias por llamar para ingles marque el numbero dos.

Last edited:
Yo I'm German.. Andd uhhnn warum keiner von ihnen deutsch sprechen? Sie sind alle rassistisch gegen mich und mein volk!

But for real.. lol that sort of blows, I would have been kinda pissed, like... Wtf.. It's not racist to wanna be able to communicate with somebody in order to conduct business.

I guess that sucks but if it pissed you off to the point where you made a thread about it then yeah.

At the same time you live in Miami where Spanish is the majority. Try Broward or Palm Beach if it bugs you that much.

I'm Colombian, I didn't know any English when I moved to Florida.... but I made sure I learned, and I don't like when a person that has been here 5+ years cant speak English.

I think in part our government is a bit soft in making special rules to the accommodation of immigrants. I know for a fact that the U.S. government offers FREE English classes for everyone, yes even Americans.

On another note, when I lived in Colombia you would have to take English classes... it wasn't even a choice.

BUT, when I worked at Sprint (I am fluent in English, Arabic and Spanish) I would have customers come in speaking Spanish. And I would look at them and say I don't speak Spanish. I'd say a good 70 percent of the time, the fucking douche-bags would break out in perfect fucking English. Like how tha fuck? Are u that fucking lazy?
'Merica.

same shit at my job. mostly cubans do this. but they come in, come to my register after they see the only other person working is white, look at my name tag, and NO bullshit go "speaka panish?" i go "nope" and they go "oh ok well i would like a...." in PERFECT FUCKING ENGLISH!!!

i want to kill those ppl. or the ones that see me struggling trying to explain shit in spanish and then it turns out they speak english the whole time!! FML!!!! :chair:

the only thing that pisses me off at work lol.

/rant

so true tho. if ANY of us. no matter what race we are, went to any other foreign country and got lucky enough to get a job and would only speak english. we would be fired shortly after. IMO Americans are too nice about that shit. they should hold a higher standard for the language requirements which would motivate more ppl to learn the language, which would create better business in the end

Last edited:
When I went to Colombia two years ago I made it a point before the trip to learn as much damn Spanish as possible, even if I did sound like a retard when I spoke it, just to get around and survive for the month and a half I spent down there. I would expect anyone else from outside of this country to do the same when they come here. That is all.

i-want-you-to-speak-english_v106_400x.gif

Yea, I definitely think that if a person is going to be working in a job in this country that requires them to speak to people, or take food orders, they need to speak English. I do have respect for people who come here without knowing a word of English, as long as they TRY to learn English. Even in the Miami area, I don't care if the majority speaks Spanish. Its still America and our Official language is English.

My mom moved here from Argentina so I do respect those that come here, but, shes not speaking spanish and I'm not either. I think the people that come here and try to live here without knowing English are ignorant and disrespectful to the country and the people living here. Its kinda a slap in the face when someone lives here and they refuse to learn our language. If you didn't want to live like an American and speak our language, then why are you here? my $.02

Back
Top Bottom