countyline figure 8's and donut practice. drift clinic

hes saying if he actually marketed the events you could get more spectators the donut fest is for our benfit not his LMAO

its simple dont drift the last turn just slow down and grip it then you pretty much can't hit anything unless your in a 300zx and can hit the photographers k rails LMAO. Still can't belive that happend.
Yeah that was intense. I was there.:eek:.

It's kind of true what robert said in the first page, the layout is fine, both for beginners and advanced drivers, it's just that most beginner drivers don't take the correct line and then they don't fix their mistake and keep doing it over and over again.

^on that run i was flaging and i could tell he was trying to enter way to fast as soon as he broke traction i thought oh shit this is gonna be bad. LMAO luckly the photographers where light on there feet and got outta the way. As for the line thing i agree fully after i worked with gullie and a few other on my line and techniquie i got alot better entry and could keep momentum through the course cause once my car lost momentum it was impossible to get it back with my poorly geared tranny. With my new setup i shouldn't have any problems transitioning or hitting crazy angle.

hes saying if he actually marketed the events you could get more spectators the donut fest is for our benfit not his LMAO

Pretty much and everything is sort of linked. Think of the skippad as more an investment, it will build fundamental skills to drift on the track better and should be an easier transtion from skidpad to track. Better drivers on the track will lead to more tandems driver practice and in return better for spectors and drivers. The newly better drivers can then take more advantage of the track layout quicker too. Competition builds better drivers. Just throwing ideas out there.

PS I would sign up for the "donutfest" to practice some Big X drift stunts :bigthumbu lol.

It does have great potential for the total beginners. One thing thats very important in doing any motorsport is confidence.

I totally agree, confidence/commitment is key. I am a total n00b and the last time I was sliding(which was my first time) the last thing I was thinking about was the proper line and how to enter correctly. I was just getting use to the feel of the ass sliding out and not crashing. lol. I think the small skidpad can get all those first time gitters and nerves out as well as the importance of the proper throttle control and switch backs as others have mentioned.

Im not saying the track is bad for begginers, im just saying the learning curve could be a lot better with the use of the skid pad.

^^^ That's what I meant really. I know when I started off I knew the racing line, different techniques but those are the last thing on my mind when I clutch-kicked at like 50mph for the 1st time lol.

It's not natural to slide a car lol. You have to be comfortable when the rear breaks loose and have the hand/eye coordination(throttle and steering) to build confidence. When you know you have a decent hold of drifting concepts then the learning curve will go up. . .a lot.

Confidence helps you be aware of your surroundings which makes you more comfortable, that helps to judge your line better, where to start your drift and remember to look ahead and be prepared for the next corner.

Here's a link to something I posted before that may help more. . .
http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14726&highlight=orido+drift+techniques

Last edited:
I remember when I did the first Countyline event. I was still a beginner (I think I still am), but I felt that by the end of the day, I was an intermediate. That track is friendly to everyone, from beginner to advanced drivers. It's a simple layout that you can still enter pretty fast. I remember entering with full throttle clutch kicks at about 50-55 mph in the rain. It's a fun course that is easy to learn on. I learned much more there than at the Moroso skidpad.

But I still think that the skidpad is a good idea for people who have never drifted before or people that still have the fear of losing control. Pretty much, the basics in drifting are learned in a figure 8. Throttle control and steering. Once you get better at it, start going faster in between switchbacks and use brakes and e-brake and the entry of the turns. Once you got that down, hit up the course, and be fully committed. I wanna see full throttle clutch kicks and no manji entries. Feints are ok to get the proper rotation.... BUT NO MANJI ENTRIES! Grow some balls, and speed up the entries.

uhhh yea i saw the last person who hit the krail... it was pretty bad.. this is my dayli i dont wanna fk it up yet..am not in a hurry anywayz.

You cry more than over 3/4 of this forum combined. When is puberty scheduled to hit so you can grow a pair?

Seriously... I'm all for helping the person next to me in drifting, but I have never, in no way shape or form, see you be optimistic about any drifting related event.

Go to an event, practice, see what's up and then talk. Events are there for driver's to keep it safe. Countyline (the fun part of it) has 5 turns, only one is facing a wall.

Use common sense and that'll be enough to keep you away from that wall.

Now start signing up for events.

I remember when I did the first Countyline event. I was still a beginner (I think I still am), but I felt that by the end of the day, I was an intermediate. That track is friendly to everyone, from beginner to advanced drivers. It's a simple layout that you can still enter pretty fast. I remember entering with full throttle clutch kicks at about 50-55 mph in the rain. It's a fun course that is easy to learn on. I learned much more there than at the Moroso skidpad.

But I still think that the skidpad is a good idea for people who have never drifted before or people that still have the fear of losing control. Pretty much, the basics in drifting are learned in a figure 8. Throttle control and steering. Once you get better at it, start going faster in between switchbacks and use brakes and e-brake and the entry of the turns. Once you got that down, hit up the course, and be fully committed. I wanna see full throttle clutch kicks and no manji entries. Feints are ok to get the proper rotation.... BUT NO MANJI ENTRIES! Grow some balls, and speed up the entries.

I don't know that many borderline pyscho beginner drivers like Mr. Latino Hibino here lol. I think why you improve quick and will keep on improving is because you always kept pushing the limit, over and over again(there's a reason why you got that name;)). Aggressive driving and proper technique are a good combo; the 86 kinda forces you into it lol.

Last edited:
=( I wanna go to an event but i can't slide my car how it is.... =.(

My seat rail mount rusted out so my seat is basically not attached to the car... so when i take a hard turn, my seat leans with the g's lol...

I've been dying to go to an event and i would really love to have a skidpad donut/figure 8, or straight up just get to the countyline track lol. Hopefully, when i'm not broke, i can afford to weld in some new metal and put in a new rail with a nice bucket seat to keep me nicely tucked into my seat =D

so the owner will allow 2-?? car tandems with amateur drivers who aren't caged up or in some cases don't have half of the car control they should and won't let drivers use the skid pad because he parks golf carts and trailers there?? apparently he isn't concerned about money as much as his golf carts parking space being free of tire marks so ask him if we bring a pressure washer to clean off the marks after the event can we use the skidpad??

so the owner will allow 2-?? car tandems with amateur drivers who aren't caged up or in some cases don't have half of the car control they should and won't let drivers use the skid pad because he parks golf carts and trailers there?? apparently he isn't concerned about money as much as his golf carts parking space being free of tire marks so ask him if we bring a pressure washer to clean off the marks after the event can we use the skidpad??

n00b shut up about the tandem... no other event in FL allows tandem.... so its a good expirience... In reality there is no reason for a beginner to be trying hard in a practice... first grip the the track, pick the line, and go faster until your car looses grip... a donut fest..lol ... most of the people in this forum cant do a decent drift donut ... i am not talking about point your steering wheel to the left and pop the clucth... plus a donut fest is not going to help the guys running worn down VLSD and open diffs... The thing is that people Mind too much, they mind the crowd, the mind looking good for their homies, the just want to be called drifters.... I have done a bunch of events and i've yet to call myself a drifter. I am not, i am just a guy who enjoys going out there and having fun... when i get to a higher level of consistency, than i will call myself a drifter....Countyline is n00b friendly environment... shit when we first started drifting we had hialeah speedway... imagine a place surrounded by walls and motors, tires, trannys, pieces of cars thrown all over the place... we didnt complain man, we manned up and attended those events. I myself crashed there twice, IMO countyline is perfect the way it is...:laugh:

apparently he isn't concerned about money as much as his golf carts parking space being free of tire marks so ask him if we bring a pressure washer to clean off the marks after the event can we use the skidpad??

He doesn't want us over cause we could hit a trailer or a car

is not only the fact that the owner doesnt want that done... Its pretty hard having everything under control during the event, if the owner did say yes, how many helpers you think drift sessions will need... Its bad enough keeping everything under control in the regular events..

is not only the fact that the owner doesnt want that done... Its pretty hard having everything under control during the event, if the owner did say yes, how many helpers you think drift sessions will need... Its bad enough keeping everything under control in the regular events..

am sure ppl helping out wont be a problem...people here have already volunteered... i would to, even if its picking up cones..but it is all in the owners hands.

its funny cause the days of the events, we can only get 2-3 volunteers, not including the drift session guys... Paul stands there under the sun running the line at time without some one to give him a break...

Back
Top Bottom