any vg30de fans?

i want it to be affordable , and i want to stay N/A...

VG30DES/VG30DETS are MONEY PITS! and if your not TT GTFO.

IMO go with a VG30ET they can make more power with less money then a TT and their just as reliable if taken care of then a VG30DET/DE and theirs less shit that can go wrong, they also have a shit load more room as well.

VG30DES/TT's have a habbit of killing lifters.

could one make 250fwhp on bolt ons in a vg?
in a VG30ET yes thats very possible i believe 400hp is obtainable with bolt ons and 400hp is pretty cheap and can even be done without port and polish.

have fun blowing shit up, how many engines have you been through?

VG's dont blow because they do they blow because of dumbass owners who dont know how to take care of their damn motor.

VG isnt a type of gas and go motor you actually need to take care of it for it to be reliable.

Last edited:
oooo well yea u could but by the time to do all the work and tune it you should of just done a bigger swap

or an easy way to make a vg do want you want is zemulator! ashspecz.com

VG'S are shit unless you boost them, they LOVE boost.

you will rake up at least 10k just to get a N/A VG to 250hp for that you could have gone turbo and have 500hp+ with 10k

Haha the vh yes a cheap v8 decent stock n/a power but el o el you guys forgetting how much it cost to get the vg tranny machined and all the shit from mazxworks to bolt it onto the vh.

could one make 250fwhp on bolt ons in a vg?

hell no, youd barely make 200. if that

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

VG30DES/VG30DETS are MONEY PITS! and if your not TT GTFO.

IMO go with a VG30ET they can make more power with less money then a TT and their just as reliable if taken care of then a VG30DET/DE and theirs less shit that can go wrong, they also have a shit load more room as well.

VG30DES/TT's have a habbit of killing lifters.

in a VG30ET yes thats very possible i believe 400hp is obtainable with bolt ons and 400hp is pretty cheap and can even be done without port and polish.

VG's dont blow because they do they blow because of dumbass owners who dont know how to take care of their damn motor.

VG isnt a type of gas and go motor you actually need to take care of it for it to be reliable.

I have NEVER had a lifter problem or EVER heard of one..

and I take care of mine plenty, they blow up cause they suck, if it cant handle 7,000 rpm then its garbage.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Haha the vh yes a cheap v8 decent stock n/a power but el o el you guys forgetting how much it cost to get the vg tranny machined and all the shit from mazxworks to bolt it onto the vh.

um $480 for a plate including machine? -$80 if you machine it yourself.

^ your in red-line 95% of the time your cars is side ways.......

you have to admit coming in to pbir in 2nd gear(witch is low as hell) jumping redline isent anything most motors can handle lol

price of a vh is still gunna be relatively high... not trying to compare the motors but just the prices... shit the two of them are gunna be high, but a vh in an s13 does not wanna be there... i was reading all over today because i am thinking about doing it too, the intake mani wont fit if you wanna save your oil pan, but if you dont care then your oil pan will hang below the sway bar.... (at least to my understanding) vg's suck might as well get a cheap vq, and vh's are awesome but take some serious work....

harvey i dont know about 300z's but in the s chassis, you need the custom headers which alone are like 900, the adapter, the motor and tranny of course, the clutch and flywheel, the shifter linkage, driveshaft, the rest of the exhaust, all the mounts, and wiring... and more random things that constantly add up.

for s chassis drivers even doing it themselves this swap becomes (or seems to become) very expensive!

yeah i think for me the vg swap is easier and less expensive, and the hp and tq isn't bad for the money spent on the whole swap , the vh for me is just too much work , money and parts , right now. hell even if i change my mind about boost the vg can be boosted and aftermarket for that is decent. anyone have advice on the motor itself since i seem to have made my mind up?

hell no, youd barely make 200. if that

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I have NEVER had a lifter problem or EVER heard of one..

and I take care of mine plenty, they blow up cause they suck, if it cant handle 7,000 rpm then its garbage.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

they blow up because your a fucking dumbass taking them to 7k, they make most of their power is from 3k - 6k anything more then that and your just bullshitting. not only that u have a DE again more shit that can go wrong.

as for 200 theres a VG30E i know making 220rwhp N/A and it's not too radically modified.

and like i said before VG30E/ET are more reliable. I've had my VG for two years abuse the fuck out of it 30psi runs and i still haven't blown it because i know what the fuck i'm doing. you on the other hand... well it shows since you've gone through a few VG's.

yeah i think for me the vg swap is easier and less expensive, and the hp and tq isn't bad for the money spent on the whole swap , the vh for me is just too much work , money and parts , right now. hell even if i change my mind about boost the vg can be boosted and aftermarket for that is decent. anyone have advice on the motor itself since i seem to have made my mind up?

are you talking about the DE or the E? because if your talking about the DE i honestly believe the VH would be cheaper.
anyone have advice on the motor itself since i seem to have made my mind up?

timing belt timing belt timing belt timing belt timing belt timing belt. always have the oil up to level if not you'll get lifter tap.

thats the first thing you have to do when you get ANY VG.

Last edited:

orly dude? you realize that you are quoting a nissan certified tech that has like 3 z32s and like 18 vg30s under his belt, right?

orly dude? you realize that you are quoting a nissan certified tech that has like 3 z32s and like 18 vg30s under his belt, right?

Which proves the DETT/DE is less reliable then a VG30E. I don't care if he's a tech, techs can be wrong too tech's can do things wrong too.

Just the fact that he said they can barely make it to 200hp n/a made me lose respect points for him as well as the 7k post.

Just because a motor cant rev to 7k doesnt mean it's shit.

Fuck dude I had a mustang before my Z and it had a 302 N/A i was making a good 300 N/A or 250 N/A and it would only revv to 5,500. It's not all about the revv's. Revv's don't mean shit if you don't make any power at 10k.

i rev to 7 cause I would bog on big tracks, unless you boost it, it wont make power. you can get by at countyline but on a big track like pbir, it cant hang.

i said the DE dosnt make 200, and i meant rwhp not flyhweel, flywheel it makes 220.

skinny, yes you need custom stuff for a vh but hes putting a vg in a s chassis, they dont even make a kit for that, im only going to assume that hes going to need custom stuff for this swap as well.

which is why I suggested the vh, if you going to do the work why not do it on something with more power.

Thats all Im saying here, a na vg isnt worth a damn to me, displacement displacement displacement, if you gonna tune a v6, youll make more power tuning with a v8, if your gonna put headers on a v6, youll see bigger gains with a v8, etc etc etc.

If you gonna go through the hassle why not do it with something that will end up with 100hp more for about the same price.

thats all folks.

Back
Top Bottom