Windows 7

ive got the image already on a dvd... i just need my laptop charger thats coming from egypt i guess.....i def ordered it like 2 months ago...i smell ripoff....lol fuck

well so far so good. I think my computer runs about the same speed as it did w/ xp 64 so it definitely feels faster than vista. I'm even using ie8 just to be fair and its nice too. It is like a leaner, less bothersome vista. I haven't done much but so far so good. I'm going to update all the drivers and things now.

That's what I want to hear. My two machines that run blistering fast on XP slowed to a crawl when I installed Vista. Looking forward to reading what you say after some more time with it.

It didn't seem any slower than xp until i tried loading far cry 2. It definitely runs slower but idk if that's b/c of the later dx demanding more from the graphics card or what. At idle, it uses around 800mb of ram. I have a q6600 oc'd at 3ghz and 4gb of ram btw. IE8 is buggy as hell so im back on firefox but the os's performance so far has been nice. Overall i'm enjoying the user experience more than w/ xp. the new taskbar features are cool as hell but those could be vista features...idk b/c i never ran vista at home.

i wish i knew anything about technology to comment lol....doesnt this have a disclaimer of it burning down ur computer lmao

what would you like to see?

Here's a screen of what the basic folders shortcut and desktop look like. I haven't bothered to change the background yet. I also added the taskmanager so you can see the mem usage.
Printscreen.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah looks a lot like Vista. I never liked that start menu though, I always change it back to Classic. Bothered me that Vista didn't come with Run on the start menu or with HyperTerminal installed by default.

you can run from that command line though - i actually really like the layout. makes more sense in my head rather than habitually knowing where to go. I haven't had any difficulty navigating the system yet.

so far i like it. its a beta so its not perfect but i need to learn it anyway and yeah, already transferred all my files from my xp drive. its better imo.

Back
Top Bottom