Windows 7

Tonymac

P I Z Z A
Driver
Anyone here using it yet? Planning on trying it out?

Im downloading the beta now. I will probably install it later on tonight.

looks like maybe they slimmed it down a bit...hope so..maybe ittle run on my dinosaur...i hope

I will probably download the beta and install it on my testing PC.

I follow this webcomic regularly, had a pretty good Windows 7 comic the other day:

http://xkcd.com/528/
windows_7.png

I think vista was a step in the right direction though. It got a bad rep and that's that so MS is abandoning the brand. Good idea.

It definitely was a step in the right direction, they got a good start with the UAC for security, integrated searching, visual aspects etc.

There is nothing complicated about windows...outside of trying to discuss it with people in a public forum only to be lambasted Mac lovers.

I swear being a pc user is like being a conservative sometimes.

Make an osx thread if you love it so much. This thread is to discuss Windows 7.

My iso didn't finish downloading until late last night and I've had classes all day so i haven't had an opportunity to mess with it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to install it. I haven't figured out what I want to do yet...partition and dual boot or get a 2nd HDD and RAID later...been wanting to do that anyway. Will update when something happens. :)

There is nothing complicated about windows...

Too true, just like everything new anyone gets into - it's simply a learning curve. I used to hate XP when it first came out, but that came and went once you get familiar with it. Vista bothered the hell out of me for the first months I had it, I hated how they renamed the Control Panel icons, and getting to your network configuration took a few more steps than necessary IMO. That aside, my point is it's a learning curve for everyone - especially those of us in the support end of it.

My iso didn't finish downloading until late last night and I've had classes all day so i haven't had an opportunity to mess with it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to install it. I haven't figured out what I want to do yet...partition and dual boot or get a 2nd HDD and RAID later...been wanting to do that anyway. Will update when something happens. :)

I'm looking forward to your opinion on it. Have you considered / used VMware server? That's what I used when I learned Linux and Server 2003. I'll probable end up putting Windows 7 on one as well.

I did consider using vmware but I don't really need to so I'm not going to. Actually I thought about vmware to run osx & ubundo on there too but just for shits and giggles. And there in lies the problem - i don't really have the time for all that so I'll just install a straight copy of Windows7 and be done w/ it until Aug since that's the OS im really interested in learning.

some would say...simple minded then?

http://macosg.com/group/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=d8ebc8ed48d1d45ea39c1a587ca0b3fc

must be true because all I can find on the apple support forum is a whole bunch of "i cant believe my apple....just works"

obviously it doesnt

YouTube - Why mac sux asshole

I've never had any of those problems with my mac and I think a lot of the stuff he's talking about may be from an older OS.

lol I am not here to start a war between Mac and Windows, I like them both,
but I have noticed a shit load of stuff is easier to do on the mac, I really can't explain it. The only way you would get it is if you owned one or only used a Mac for a few days you'd see what I was talking about.

anyway, back on topic, I wanna see screen shots or info on this Windows 7, any links to info about it?

lol stop spamming my thread with mac crap. its ok, windows sucks and we're retarded. Just let us have our fun. :)

it was more for Manny lol, I guess we'll have to take it to PMs:chair:

J/K

but seriously I do want to know how 7 is

well i have the iso on my laptop which i totally forgot lacks a dvd burner so im transferring the file now and then making the executive decision of what i want to do to install it.

LMAO at title, Fire breathing chinese chicken dragons behind squeeks house

Hurry tmac!

Back
Top Bottom