vlsd or weld for dd? opinions ppl

be a man and get a welded, its awsome for drifting its just a pain sometimes in low speed areas like parking lots or areas to make tight turns, but u learn how to drive it and it becomes second nature

Put a welded diff, spool, 1.5 way or 2 way in your car. Im literally getting angered reading people to tell you to put other stuff in your car. A welded diff will not make you randomly fucking spin out and die. Thats stupid as shit. I've done grip racing events with a welded diff in my s13 and didnt spin out, die or drift the entire time.

shim a j30.

i heard by doing this it shortens the life of the diff and also if you shim to much you get the same results as a welded. ive never realy had issues with mine n ivegone atleast60 to 75 in the rain on the highway before 60 with bald tires and haventspun out before. now if your going 50 or 60 and swerving and changing lanes like a mad man yeah your gonna spin out.but if your driving normal i highly doubt your gonna spin unless you hit like a slick spot or something witchcan happen with a welded or not.

Shimmed vlsd's apparently feel ok, but they're just destroying themselves the entire time.

heres a clever idea. PUT A FUCKING WELDED DIFF IN YOUR CAR.

i heard by doing this it shortens the life of the diff and also if you shim to much you get the same results as a welded. ive never realy had issues with mine n ivegone atleast60 to 75 in the rain on the highway before 60 with bald tires and haventspun out before. now if your going 50 or 60 and swerving and changing lanes like a mad man yeah your gonna spin out.but if your driving normal i highly doubt your gonna spin unless you hit like a slick spot or something witchcan happen with a welded or not.

that all depends on how your rear alignment is,if your tires wear evenly like the whole tire gets bald, you gonna have problems. all depends on the road type though.
to the o.p. get a good vlsd you will love it, lot of people on here think if you dont have a welded its gonna suck and shit for drifting. fuck that get what you want

vlsd is the worst choice. its unpredictable by nature. sometimes itll act open, sometimes itll act like a shitty lsd.

spool > LSD 2way > welded > open > flintstone it > vlsd

i daily drove my corolla will a welded dif with no problems. while i was driving i really didnt notice that big of a difference, but pushing it was a dick!

edit: tags make me lol.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

vlsd is the worst choice. its unpredictable by nature. sometimes itll act open, sometimes itll act like a shitty lsd.

spool > LSD 2way > welded > open > flintstone it > vlsd

X2. cant wait to get my spool and 30mm axles.

Last edited:
idk what spooling is, ill look it up, welded sounds like a all around way to go so far, so ill tru to buy an open from the yard and weld it and keep the spare

Spool is another name for the quick change diffs. They are $$$$$$$, if you can afford a 2 way your not getting one of those lol. Welded is the way to go.

lol,ya'll crazy.

j30 is so you "have a diff"
welded is to have crazy fun with
2-way like welded, but with more control

a "spool" is mostly for a solid axle(less big $$$ Q.C.) and is just a welded diff without the welding.

lmao @tags

fartbombs - im in tennessee bro lol but post pics of this spool phenomena

AXLE%20&%20DIFFERENTIAL%20dana%2060%20spool.jpg

Full-Spool-400.jpg

no insides.

why hasn't anyone mentioned that this could have been searched without this huge waist of cyberspace??? Seriously this has been covered, on this website alone, probably 1,203,901,128,124,543,235,749 times since 2009.... just sayin!

In my little experience over 2 years ago... my welded is amazing, predictable, cheap, and it does the job. If you are spinning in the rain that is only because you are driving a light car at high speeds in the rain, not because you have a solid differential... anyway listen to bearcat or slidewaysforfivedays.... experienced drivers with plenty of technical advice!

Back
Top Bottom