The King of Countyline Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
not tryin to start shit but ive also seen at skid pad and big track several ppl slide without helmets when it is required to have one.

That was typically either The Legend Dr. Obi Juan Henao Drifter Extraordinaire or myself for instructional purposes. We also made some exceptions with some individuals but all of that has been put to a stop. So now I along with everyone else are now required to wear a helmet and have been doing so ever since.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

i just got one question...what time is the gates open for spectators or is it the same 11am as everybody esle
Same.

Last edited:
That was typically either The Legend Dr. Obi Juan Henao Drifter Extraordinaire or myself for instructional purposes. We also made some exceptions with some individuals but all of that has been put to a stop. So now I along with everyone else are now required to wear a helmet and have been doing so ever since.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Same.

oo ok kool thanks

Tim doesn't have to hold these events guys . I feel like the more you cry the more requirements they should make . Tim is really cool and for you guys to question him and his disicions is stupid . If you don't have the money to buy necessary requirements stick to street drifting and parking lots where the only rule is don't get caught or you will pay more than what Tim is asking for you to be safe

OMG

Cages are suggested only for the final round. Helmets will be manditory for ALL! Events for everyone! I highly suggest if you qualify top 32 get at least a bolt in cage. Even if it a 4 point. How is daily driving caged car extremely dangerous?

[/COLOR]I dont even think there are 32 people down here that have cages, I dont see why you would need one tho, you make it to top 32 you have proven that your a good enough driver that they wouldnt have to worry about you tandeming even if you dont have a cage. Like Tandemonium, if Tim approves you, you should be able to drive without one. I would hope...

so good drivers should not need cages this is interesting

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Tim does this for the community and if it was me I would of stopped doing it a long time ago. Its not a requirement but safety is very important and it shouldnt have to get to the point were someone gets hurt to make theses changes. If some of you are serious about this sport its time to stop daily driving your "race car".

cool, so besides the 3rd event and those 2 judging runs, the first 2 events are basically another big track day?

I think the competition is cool, and it will be fun to watch some close (and fail) tandems, but i also think open practice days for those who dont care about the competition or dont want to tandem would be cool
If you can't complete the skid pad then i suggest you stay at skid pad but if you want to excel in your driving then try this mini competition. The first two events will start with a Drivers Meeting, Open Practice, Quick Driver to Judge Meeting, Qualifing and end with open tandem and solo.

How is daily driving caged car extremely dangerous?

Cause your head isn't as hard as the tubing used to make the cages, people don't normally daily drive with a helmet on, and some people drive caged cars without bucket seats/harnesses. <-- which is a horrible move.

"A roll cage is part of a four-piece safety system - together, they are incredibly safe but separately, they can be deadly.

The pieces are:
Roll cage with properly placed padding
5, 6 or 7 point harness
Fixed-back race seat or back-brace supported recliner
Helmet (not dangerous by itself but very necessary in a caged car)

As mentioned, when bone meets cage tubing, the tubing generally wins. An improperly restrained driver has a greater likelihood of meeting the roll cage than one using a harness. The harness works best with a fixed-back race seat or a seat with an attached back-brace because the weight of a driver adds a huge amount of stress to a seat - as the car is subjected to various loads, the seat back on a recliner can break, causing a sudden recline into the main hoop. The helmet protects your noggin...

In a non-caged car, harnesses and/or a race seat are dangerous because they hold the driver in place. This sounds like an oxymoron until you think about the E36 BMWs that collapse to the cowling when they roll over. With a race seat or harnesses, the driver & passenger cannot dive for the centre of the car and their only saving grace is that the factory seat will most likely break and go into full-recline (also known as "Love Mode"). With a properly mounted race seat and no cage, the driver's head and the seat become the highest point in the car during a rollover.

That having been said, I've read numerous accounts of "Dude, a cage saved my life - I'll never drive without one". While some of these accounts are convincing, it's much akin to the argument that seatbelts kill because "my cousin was drivin' drunk when he flipped his Camaro 15 times - if he hadn't been thrown free, he'd have died in the fire". I think I take the risk of driving without a cage while wearing my seatbelt. "

Got that for a vwvortex on the subject of daily driving a cage.

I would never daily drive a car with a cage, but then again that's just me. Just food for thought I guess, nothing to take serious. /end

so good drivers should not need cages this is interesting

If you read a little farther down I also said, "Yes, those of us that do not have a cage should invest in one, not disputing that..." But again, say for example if me or andrew get to top 32 in our car with no cage, 1) We made it that far, so obviously we can drive 2) Its not like we are strangers, people know who we and that we tandem all the time 3) Tim knows us, and knows we can tandem, thats why there were a few exceptions at Tandemonium... Not everyone is like you bro, we cant just call in some favors real quick, get a racecar bult in a few days and then go wreck it and start right back over.

Tim just said "Cages are suggested only for the final round. Helmets will be manditory for ALL! Events for everyone! I highly suggest if you qualify top 32 get at least a bolt in cage. Even if it a 4 point. How is daily driving caged car extremely dangerous?

Soooo it still hasnt been said its manditory to get a cage, just suggested. Im willing to sign a waver saying the track/Tim/staff isnt held liable for any damages or injuries that I may sustain while driving on their property... Lmk

Cause your head isn't as hard as the tubing used to make the cages, people don't normally daily drive with a helmet on, and some people drive caged cars without bucket seats/harnesses. <-- which is a horrible move.

"A roll cage is part of a four-piece safety system - together, they are incredibly safe but separately, they can be deadly.

The pieces are:
Roll cage with properly placed padding
5, 6 or 7 point harness
Fixed-back race seat or back-brace supported recliner
Helmet (not dangerous by itself but very necessary in a caged car)

As mentioned, when bone meets cage tubing, the tubing generally wins. An improperly restrained driver has a greater likelihood of meeting the roll cage than one using a harness. The harness works best with a fixed-back race seat or a seat with an attached back-brace because the weight of a driver adds a huge amount of stress to a seat - as the car is subjected to various loads, the seat back on a recliner can break, causing a sudden recline into the main hoop. The helmet protects your noggin...

In a non-caged car, harnesses and/or a race seat are dangerous because they hold the driver in place. This sounds like an oxymoron until you think about the E36 BMWs that collapse to the cowling when they roll over. With a race seat or harnesses, the driver & passenger cannot dive for the centre of the car and their only saving grace is that the factory seat will most likely break and go into full-recline (also known as "Love Mode"). With a properly mounted race seat and no cage, the driver's head and the seat become the highest point in the car during a rollover.

That having been said, I've read numerous accounts of "Dude, a cage saved my life - I'll never drive without one". While some of these accounts are convincing, it's much akin to the argument that seatbelts kill because "my cousin was drivin' drunk when he flipped his Camaro 15 times - if he hadn't been thrown free, he'd have died in the fire". I think I take the risk of driving without a cage while wearing my seatbelt. "

Got that for a vwvortex on the subject of daily driving a cage.

I would never daily drive a car with a cage, but then again that's just me. Just food for thought I guess, nothing to take serious. /end

Stop using your drift car as a daily... here is a caged car helping in a crash http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62418 Hes not dead...

Last edited:
If you can't complete the skid pad then i suggest you stay at skid pad but if you want to excel in your driving then try this mini competition. The first two events will start with a Drivers Meeting, Open Practice, Quick Driver to Judge Meeting, Qualifing and end with open tandem and solo.

uhmmm, what?
When did i say anything about skid pad? Im talking about open practice big track events.

I think the competition will be fun and it will be cool to see how i place for never coming out to the events, but i cant afford to make the 1st event and i dont plan on going to the 3rd event, even if i make top 32

so i was asking some questions about non-competition big track days. Skid pad is cool for people learning how to drift or want a cheap event, but if im going to spend the money on the gas for the drive, tires, and $25/$50 event charge, id much rather spend the extra $25 for big track seeing as its a hell of a lot more fun

Last edited:
uhmmm, what?
When did i say anything about skid pad? Im talking about open practice big track events.

I think the competition will be fun and it will be cool to see how i place for never coming out to the events, but i cant afford to make the 1st event and i dont plan on going to the 3rd event, even if i make top 32

so i was asking some questions about non-competition big track days. Skid pad is cool for people learning how to drift or want a cheap event, but if im going to spend the money on the gas for the drive, tires, and $25/$50 event charge, id much rather spend the extra $25 for big track seeing as its a hell of a lot more fun
Well I suggested the skid pad because we gear that for people who just wanna slide. The big track will be more geared towards people wanting to be competitive and improve their driving in tandem.

Holy crap everyone stop bitching!! No one is forcing you to slide these events. You have an issue with what the rules an regulations are then sit your happy ass out an don't drive.

An to say you don't think their are 32 drivers with cages...the first 2 Tandimonium events were nothing but caged drivers!!!

Just cause you can make Top 32 doesnt mean mistakes don't happen. No one can garentee they won't spin in front of someone. You have almost 6 monthes to have a cage put in until the comp in december. If you are serious about this sport then you should invest in one. If your just having fun then shut the hell up about how your car is your daily an drive the first 2 events an sit out of the quilifing runs.

Like everyone has already said Tim is the fucking man for putting these events on...the least we can do is fallow some simple rules.

Well I suggested the skid pad because we gear that for people who just wanna slide. The big track will be more geared towards people wanting to be competitive and improve their driving in tandem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but ill just do the non competition (qualifying?) events on the big track. I just want to have fun and slide, but id rather do that on the big track than the skid pad

My question was if we could still do the big track event if we have no intention of entering the 3rd competition, and it looks like thats a yes. Im not really "serious about this sport", i just want to have fun on a small track layout (not a square lot with cones) and be able to slide legally the whole day

An to say you don't think their are 32 drivers with cages...the first 2 Tandimonium events were nothing but caged drivers!!!

^the first 2 tandemonium events were mostly caged drivers causeonly a handful of noncaged drivers were selected to drive big track cause they seemed to have proved themselves at that point in time that they can tandem and handle the big track.

OMG just abide by the tech rules that have been set or don't drive. For all those that will have their cars ready...This series of events is oing to be epic!!!!:driving:

Tim don't even sweet it. I know your pulling your hair out over all this. You have set an explained the rules an regulations for this series of events an If someone shows up not abiding by the rules...just fail them. end of story.

clipping point markers just in!!

Just gotta add stickers and they will be ready!!!

Attachments

• clipping cones.jpg
    clipping cones.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom